VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello to all video people out there.
    I have final Cut Studio 2 software on my powermac G5. It contains Final cut 6 including many updates.
    I need to know if I can load the software onto a 2nd computer. I'm not sure what the guidelines are. I've heard of people getting their Final Cut shut down by Mac if installing on multiple computers. I also heard that this is not being done any more.

My other question is this.
    If my 1st computer has leopard OS and the new one has Lion OS, will there be any compatibility problems transfering files, quicktimes, or using Final Cut, etcetra?

Thanks much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I believe that Final Cut 6 has 6 restriction that it won't allow two copies to run simultaneously on the same network. So if you have a desktop at home/office and a laptop for on the move, then you should be fine. The exact guideline is in the EULA (end user license agreement), paraphrased: max. one desktop and one laptop, owned by the same end user.

The Final Cut 6 installer is PPC (while the installed app is universal binary), so the hard part is getting it installed on Lion. There a some posts on the Apple Support Communities about it. It can be done, but it's not straight forward.
    Quote Quote