VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi all , yesterday i have been here looking for answers to my problem here with a TS file i captured from a tv show .
    I spend all afternoon installing demuxers and remuxers , mpeg repairs and nothing went right here .
    I have looked also some other threads here with an identical issue and followed the steps but didnt went good for me
    First i wanna say that this ts file plays good on vcl media player without any faults .

Anyway here it is a brief specification of errors i get using most programs here :

Programs tested :
    Mpeg2repair -» cant get pids for audio and video on any programs in software
    Convertxtodvd4 - lazy conversion to mp4 but without sound also
    Tsmuxer -» Message "Some tracks not recongnized , bla bla bla " i can get video output but no audio also
    hdtv2mpeg -» message "Could not find a channel"
    tsremux - I can get the video but no audio demuxed to m2ts file correctly
    xilisoft hd video converter - I can get the video conversion but no audio
    Projectx -» cant touch it even change it to m2p , and gives errors on dgindex ,but shows the audio pid and video but says "picture decoding not possible no preview to mpeg-4/h.264"
    DGindex-» "No video sequencer header found"
    Megui - » i do the updates then give me error on trying to open the main exe file witch as been renamed after the updates to --app !!!!
    AutoMKV093- shows the audio pids but when i try to convert them it stops with errors (never start the conversion)

any ideas how to solve this problem ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	projectx.JPG
Views:	718
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	12595Click image for larger version

Name:	tsmuxer.JPG
Views:	832
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	12596Click image for larger version

Name:	automkv.JPG
Views:	701
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	12599Click image for larger version

Name:	tsmuxer.JPG
Views:	832
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	12596
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by pedroam View Post
    First i wanna say that this ts file plays good on vcl media player without any faults .
    If you mean VLC, then try converting it with VLC . If it can play it , it should be able to convert it
    Quote Quote  
  3. lol , are you serious !!!!
    all afternoon and vlc does the job !!!!!
    ....after a few minutes ......
    its converting , ill let you guys know the result , thanks a lot for the tip .
    Quote Quote  
  4. strange , it converts as PS file , i converted it to mp4 and the program saved it as PS extension .
    I renamed it as mp4 and only vlc plays it , the windows media player dont touch it .
    I am trying to mpeg 2 conversion now , it is saving also as ps file the conversion .
    at the end i will rename as mpg to see .
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok , tested almost all formats conversion in vlc and result is that vlc grab the video but not the audio , vlc only bringa the audio using "dump raw data" witch creates an exact copy of the original file witch i cant use anywhere .
    Here are some infos on the codecs of both videos , the original and then the converted by vlc :

this next info is from the dum raw data on vlc conversion witch made an absolute copy from the original :

Name:	vlcbefore.JPG
Views:	680
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	12600

This one is from the conversion to mp4 i tryed to do with vlc but without any audio output :

Name:	vlcafter.JPG
Views:	754
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	12601

any klews to solve this people ?

thanks a lot for the help .
    Quote Quote  
  6. Can you post a video sample? How did you cap/record this ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. i recorded the ts file from digital tv to usb hard disk witch is connected directly to the tv reciever , all capture is done by the reciever , no pc is envolved in this .
    The original file is 1.7G !!!!! and i cant edit it .
    If i split as tssplit to 15M files and upload 1 of the parts is enought for you to test ?
    If not then let me know witch program shall i use to upload a sample to you

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. can't you just record a few seconds right now ? you can upload it directly here or some hosting site e.g. mediafire.com
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Howdy,

I regularly convert .ts DVB captures to .mkv using Freemake Video Converter. It might not work for you, but it is worth a try. .ts files are not a supported file type when you go to video - open, but scroll down the filetype list to 'all files', select it & you'll be able to open your .ts file.

If you want to edit the .ts to remove commercials etc. the only thing I found works well enough to use on a regular basis is Video ReDo. It isn't free, but after spending hours mucking around with different freeware I was prepared to pay whatever it took.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  10. thanks for the tips , i will try those programs and see the result .
    I always have an option to get the videos i want from those files that i can not reencode , but since they play on vlc i can always recapture the videos again using 1 pc to play the vlc on the extended monitor and other pc to capture from hdmi or svideo , but i will never get the orgiginal capture quality .
    Ususally i capture tv videos with my avermedia pci capture card witch can capture from digital tv to uncompressed avi , mpg 2 , mp4 but this time i wanted to try the digital reciever to compare qualities beetween pc and reciever .
    Well this time i didnt had much luck , lol .
    No stress , i will try those programs , if they work then perfectly , if not then i recapture again the videos thru my input video card .
    thanks for the tips and ill let you guys know the results of those last programs even for persons later that may have the same problem .
    Quote Quote  
  11. Wow !!!!!!
    What a nice tool buddy , very good indeed the video redo , i am trying the trial version and it works perfectly !!!!!
    it cutted the video perfectly and reencoded it to mp4 in excellent quality .
    Thanks a lot , i believe i will buy also this excellent tool for sure .
    Thanks again .
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Cool... glad to have been some help.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi,

I'm working on an open source tool to process these kinds of TS recordings, and would be very interested in getting a small sample for testing if you're willing to upload it somewhere.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  14. the problem is i upload 1.7G
    i recorded a few ts files , i will see if others are giving the same problem and i upload the smallest one .
    Give me a day or 2 and ill post here the link .
    Quote Quote  
  15. found 1 sample here with only comercials with 43M and is giving same errors as the last one , i will upload it now and drop you the link .
    Quote Quote  
  16. here it goes a download link from one capture i did and it is giving same problems on all programs but it plays in vlc media player .

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/1r9oxo

cheers and thanks for developing the good tools ))
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by pedroam View Post
    here it goes a download link from one capture i did and it is giving same problems on all programs but it plays in vlc media player .

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/1r9oxo

cheers and thanks for developing the good tools ))
    Thanks a lot for sharing that.

The slightly unusual thing about that recording is that it contains AAC audio in LATM framing. In addition, it only appears to have the full LATM header for every 4th audio packet, which is something I wasn't aware was possible. I think the intention is that parsers should re-use the header from the previous packets. So simple LATM parsers will fail on the first packet which is missing the header - which currently includes my program but I intend to fix it.

My tool (which I'm currently calling "tsfixer" as I intend to incorporate more TS processing options to it) converts the AAC-in-LATM audio to AAC-in-ADTS, which is more widely supported. tsmuxer for example supports AAC-in-ADTS but not AAC-in-LATM. Because LATM headers are generally larger than ADTS headers, it is able to do this "in-place" inside the transport stream packets, and hence keep all the original timing information and data streams (subtitles etc) that are normally lost when you demux and remux the stream.

I'm curious to know if anyone reading this will find this tool useful. I'm writing it for my own use, but if others will have a use for it, I'll release it sooner rather than later (it's open source and written in C, so can be compiled for almost any platform, including Linux, Windows and OS X).

Some background to why I'm writing this is in this thread:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/346182
    Quote Quote  
  18. I will use it for sure if youhave it compiled for windows and a tool like that you are biulding is very usefull in cases like mine where almost everything didnt worked .
    My case only video redo worked and converted it .
    The conversion was very good but it losses always quality compared with the original file .
    A tool like yours we can fix these files somehow to demux them in separated parts as audio and video .
    Please , if you can build an exe after finish it it will be awesome for many people that have these kind of mpeg transport stream files like mine .

Thanks a lot for all your work , is very appreciated by me and i also believe for many others here that will need it in future .
    Quote Quote  
  19. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 4candles View Post

I'm curious to know if anyone reading this will find this tool useful. I'm writing it for my own use, but if others will have a use for it, I'll release it sooner rather than later (it's open source and written in C, so can be compiled for almost any platform, including Linux, Windows and OS X).
    Certainly a tool like that will be quite useful, I may even compile a MinGW build and host it on my Skydrive folder, if you don't mind of course.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Certainly a tool like that will be quite useful, I may even compile a MinGW build and host it on my Skydrive folder, if you don't mind of course.
    Thanks, but I would prefer it to have a single permanent homepage so that people won't download out of date versions in error. I'll include a mingw-compiled Windows exe. I can't stop you mirroring it if you wish though - it will be released under the GPL.

Once I get it working with pedroam's sample stream, I'll upload a beta version. I'm sure there are a lot more samples it will fail on...
    Quote Quote  
  21. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    ^ Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I was going to suggest video redo until I saw it was suggested above. I've had great luck with that program, remuxing the streams recorded by my computer into dvd compliant mpgs.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I know, this is an old thread, converting .ts files seem to be subject of a regular discussion.

There are some Youtube videos as well (xilisoft/avs4you)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdxrih8rqu8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRDFTMePTTY

Bottomline, whilst being new to this stuff
    what tools to use to convert the .ts files (with an absolute minimum on quality loss)
    and
    to what fileformat, that will continue to exist over a longer period of time.

TIA
    =
    Quote Quote  
  24. to what fileformat, that will continue to exist over a longer period of time.
    Doesn't really matter mp4/mkv/ts will all be around for quite some time. (even .avi and .mpg (and VCD) are still around, so I doubt that I will see the day when one of the standardized formats will vanish completely)

what tools to use to convert the .ts files (with an absolute minimum on quality loss)
    I would simply repack to mkv or mp4 to same some overhead and get rid of 'stuffing bits'. Other than that, if you want to recompress, look into the tools section of the board and use the tool you like the most, for simple re-compression without special filtering&co most tools should be fine.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Thanks!

I guess the easiest way is to just use AVS4YOU and then option to DVD, standard quality.

Haven't checked out VideoRedo yet, so I am not sure if, after editing a .ts file, it will offer to convert it to
    MP4, VOB or whatever.
    It says : Auto conversion of HD to SD on their 'compare'-page: http://www.videoredo.com/en/Compare.htm

Anyway, thanks again.
    =
    Quote Quote  
  26. Later ... I gave it a try to delete ads from a .ts file and save it to MPEG2 or MPEG4 but have a lot of options.

Being an absolute newbie I am not sure what to choose (I donot care about the filesize).

I wish the file can be played by all players and best quality.

I have now selected M.264 MP4 for a conversion, but why not MPEG-4 *.mp4 (4th from the bottom)
    or MPEG2 *.mpg (1st one).

=
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Played back by "all players"? Huh!
    Then you should choose the most common fileformat MPEG2 but not TS.

The quality of the target depends then on the tool(s) you have used to crop out the ads.
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  28. Yeah, well, 'most' players.

What I meant is that there a number of option with fileformat mp4.

I did a try with mpg
    5GB .ts file, I deleted some ads at the start and end and converted to MPG : result 4GB (was done very quickly)
    did the same to H.264 MP4 : result 2.9GB

Then again, I am not sure of H.264 MP4 is 'common' enough that it can be played by most players, including windows media player (that I donot use)

=
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by pedroam View Post
    Wow !!!!!!
    What a nice tool buddy , very good indeed the video redo , i am trying the trial version and it works perfectly !!!!!
    Thanks again .
    i am glad it worked for you. i am having a similar problem, my file extenstion is .TSV recorded from set top box.tried using it but error is video program stream not found.. its not playing even in vlc .only audio is playing and that too breaking. i tried converting with handbrake but it not even adding the file

media info
    Format : MPEG-TS
    File size : 8.97 MiB
    Duration : 34s 361ms
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 2 179 Kbps

Video
    ID : 606 (0x25E)
    Menu ID : 10706 (0x29D2)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Codec ID : 27
    Duration : 34s 120ms
    Bit rate : 1 942 Kbps
    Stream size : 7.90 MiB (88%)

Audio
    ID : 706 (0x2C2)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 2
    Codec ID : 3
    Duration : 34s 344ms
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -665ms
    Stream size : 537 KiB (6%)
    Language : English

Menu
    ID : 506 (0x1FA)
    List : 706 (0x2C2) (MPEG Audio, English) / 606 (0x25E) (AVC)
    Quote Quote  
  30. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by envy99_2000 View Post
    Originally Posted by pedroam View Post
    Wow !!!!!!
    Thanks again .
    i am glad it worked for you. i am having a similar problem, my file extenstion is .TSV recorded from set top box.tried using it but error is video program stream not found.. its not playing even in vlc .only audio is playing and that too breaking. i tried converting with handbrake but it not even adding the file

media info
    Format : MPEG-TS
    File size : 8.97 MiB
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 2 179 Kbps

Video
    ID : 606 (0x25E)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Codec ID : 27
    Duration : 34s 120ms
    Bit rate : 1 942 Kbps
    Stream size : 7.90 MiB (88%)

Audio
    ID : 706 (0x2C2)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 2
    Codec ID : 3
    Duration : 34s 344ms
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -665ms
    Stream size : 537 KiB (6%)

Menu
    ID : 506 (0x1FA)
    List : 706 (0x2C2) (MPEG Audio, English) / 606 (0x25E) (AVC)
    Many set top boxes "encrypts" the video so it might be hard to get it playing.

But try open the tsv with tsmuxer and see if it reads it. Output a new .ts and try play it.
    Quote Quote