VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I select the "Main Movie" option on DVDfab, will it perform the same exact function - and do it as efficiently, or better - than Voblanker?

I ask before investing the time to learn Voblanker, which is a complex tool which I might not need if DVDfab can do the same thing, simply by selecting a single option.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Selecting 'Main Movie' in DVDFab HD Decrypter is certainly faster, as you don't have to first decrypt the entire movie to the hard drive. VobBlanker usually works with the entire DVD decrypted to the hard drive first. Both ways will give you back an exact copy of the movie.

VobBlanker is still essential, I think, but for other purposes. It's not a decrypter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If all you want is "Main Movie" then just rip the disc to "Main Movie" selecting the options you want with DVDFab.

But you don't say if you are ripping from a commercial pressed disc, home made, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    If all you want is "Main Movie" then just rip the disc to "Main Movie" selecting the options you want with DVDFab.

But you don't say if you are ripping from a commercial pressed disc, home made, etc.
    Sorry about that; yes it's a commercial DVD like a movie that i am decrypting to my hard drive, which i would then handbrake to my ipad.
    Quote Quote