VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. 1.16.5 So I've been running 1.16.5 for a while nowith no issues and all of a sudden it hangs on "Demuxing Selected Streams... 1%" and never progresses

so I tried using 1.17.1

1.17.1 This version starts off fine and then completely craps out (see Pic below). I saw some suggestions over at Doom9, and I removed all the codec packs, haali, avsync, etc. re-installed them but still no joy.

Ive tried these with multiple BRs and DVDs.

Anyone have any ideas? Because Im out.

All help would be appreciated

Click image for larger version

Name:	erre.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	12506
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately I can't offer recommendations on fixing it but there are some other programs you can check out that are similar in nature:

avchdcoder
    bdrebuilder
    multiavchd
    edit - also handbrake - but I don't know exactly what it will and won't accept - I'm not sure if you can input a fully ripped bluray or if it needs to be packaged in a special way or not - there are lots of guides for it though so you'll be able to get guidance on it.

Multiavchd has not been updated in a long time so there may be some unforeseen complications using it on newer material.

Good luck.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ive tried re-installing all the codec packs, AVISynth, Haali, and ffdshow back to the way it was before and still no luck with either version. I even installed older versions of Fffdshow, and avisynth but to no avail... Im sort of stuck now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay.

With the 1.16.5 version (as I learned this the hard way), you have to completely uninstall everything (Ripbot, all the codecs, and you'll want to run a systems check to make sure everything is removed). One verified, reinstall the codecs FIRST before reinstalling v1.16.5. And there's nothing wrong with installing the latest codec versions, either. As long as the codecs and program requirements are installed first, you should have no problem installing the prior version (just make sure v.1.17.1 is not installed... multiple versions of Ripbot on the computer cause the program to freeze or crash).

Regarding the latest release, v1.17.1, I haven't had anything freeze yet. However, I have noticed an increased file size and choppy video on both the .mkv and .mp4 output on a CQ 20 setting, automatic, no resizing, full 1920x1080 at the highest 5.1 setting for either output (which may be due to the implimentation of 5.1 since I'm an audio hog). I don't know if anyone else has run into this problem, but this version on my system doesn't want to compress at all (Ripbot does compress, whether rendering to .mkv or ,mp4), so I'm ending up with massive file sizes with choppy playback (i.e. depending on the movie I'm backing up, normal file size for a standard BD falls within 2.83 up to 5.92 GB at full 1920x1080). This might be a codec issue I have yet to pinpoint, but if anyone's run into this and found a solution, let me know!

The other thing I can think of (having had to do this with a few select titles), is you may need to remux the video and audio streams (TSmuxer is what I use)first, then import the new .ts file it into Ripbot.
    Last edited by diGriz; 29th May 2012 at 00:23. Reason: additional info
    Quote Quote