VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    This is what happens when I change my screen resolution to 1280x720 - https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/bjIMZh.jpg

The white "lines" were drawn by me to show how much screen room is missing due to a black border.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by FoKuZStream View Post
    Also, to add to your guys' replies, the HDCP WAS the issue when trying to connect HDMI CABLE FROM GRAPHICS CARD -> BMIP INPUT SLOT / HDMI CABLE FROM BMIP OUTPUT SLOT -> MONITOR. When I checked the HDCP status on the graphics card when connecting with an HDMI cable, it was enabled. Now, connecting with VGA PORT ON GRAPHICS CARD -> MONITOR / HDMI CABLE FROM GRAPHICS CARD -> BMIP INPUT SLOT, the HDCP is no longer enabled on my graphics card.
    In this case "HDCP enabled" means HDCP could be used if the source required it, not that it is actually being applied. If the source required HDCP, you could not see a picture on the monitor when VGA was being used to connect your PC to your monitor. The point of HDCP is to prevent a picture from being transmitted unless the graphics card, the connection to the monitor, and the monitor itself all support HDCP.

Your monitor went to sleep previously when connected via the BMI's HDMI out at 1080i/1080p because the the BMI cannot accept a or pass through a 1080p signal, and the monitor cannot display a 1080i signal.

I'm on a 1080i signal right now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is what happens when I change my screen resolution to 1280x720 - https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/bjIMZh.jpg

The white "lines" were drawn by me to show how much screen room is missing due to a black border.
    Normal. go to videocard properties em set ASPECT RATIO and uncheck this.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also, to add to your guys' replies, the HDCP WAS the issue when trying to connect HDMI CABLE FROM GRAPHICS CARD -> BMIP INPUT SLOT / HDMI CABLE FROM BMIP OUTPUT SLOT -> MONITOR. When I checked the HDCP status on the graphics card when connecting with an HDMI cable, it was enabled. Now, connecting with VGA PORT ON GRAPHICS CARD -> MONITOR / HDMI CABLE FROM GRAPHICS CARD -> BMIP INPUT SLOT, the HDCP is no longer enabled on my graphics card.
    In this case "HDCP enabled" means HDCP could be used if the source required it, not that it is actually being applied. If the source required HDCP, you could not see a picture on the monitor when VGA was being used to connect your PC to your monitor. The point of HDCP is to prevent a picture from being transmitted unless the graphics card, the connection to the monitor, and the monitor itself all support HDCP.

Your monitor went to sleep previously when connected via the BMI's HDMI out at 1080i/1080p because the the BMI cannot accept a or pass through a 1080p signal, and the monitor cannot display a 1080i signal.

When connected with VGA, your monitor will receive a 1920x1080 60 Hz VGA signal. Interlaced and progressive are not applicable for VGA. 1080i is applicable to an HDMI connection. The 1080i signal is sent only to the BMI, which can record 1080i.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM

When connected with VGA, your monitor will receive a 1920x1080 60 Hz VGA signal. Interlaced and progressive are not applicable for VGA. 1080i is applicable to an HDMI connection. The 1080i signal is sent only to the BMI, which can record 1080i.
    ahhh okay..good to know thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post

Normal. go to videocard properties em set ASPECT RATIO and uncheck this.

Claudio

Tried turning off scaling, and scaling to aspect ratio when its set at 1280x720. Still has the black borders.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you see black borders if you connect the monitor directly to the display card?

Yes - Display card settings.

No - BMI settings.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    The VGA cable is directly connected to the monitor, so BMI settings? I've searched everywhere within the BMI settings (BMI Control panel and Media Express preferences) and couldnt find anything that changes it. Any recommendations?

Also, when I have the resolution at 1920x1080, I don't get the borders. Only 1280x720.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Another question for you guys/girls who are smarter than me when it comes to output video settings.

AVI 8-BIT YUV or AVI Motion JPEG? Which looks better?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The VGA cable is directly connected to the monitor, so BMI settings?
    PC Display Card VGA ----> Monitor? Implies game or player settings.

What causes four side black borders? See this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4x3_four_side_black.png
Views:	400
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	12412
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another question for you guys/girls who are smarter than me when it comes to output video settings.

AVI 8-BIT YUV or AVI Motion JPEG? Which looks better?
    AVI 8-BIT YUV implies uncompressed. This is more than one drive can capture. A RAID or dedicated SSD is needed.

AVI Motion JPEG is the BM on the fly MJPEG compression codec. This can be used to reduce data rate to fit a single disk drive sustained data rate.

Which looks better? Less loss with uncompressed but both need further compression for distribution.
    Last edited by edDV; 13th May 2012 at 17:27.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    I see your diagram, but I'm confused. I have the 4 side black. What is the diagram entitle about it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FoKuZStream,

Go to link:
    http://amamaman.web.infoseek.co.jp/english/amarectv_e.htm

AMARECTV is a wonder software to you. Its record 1080p (1080i deinterlaced automatic in preview and record), can use various codecs like UT VIDEO or LAGARITH (very better AVI Motion JPEG), configure device from input splitted, full screen, more satble then BMI software.

Try and reply.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I see your diagram, but I'm confused. I have the 4 side black. What is the diagram entitle about it?
    Four side black implies 4x3 letterbox is being displayed as 16:9.

What do you see if only the desktop is displayed?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    The desktop is 4 side black.

Cauptain - 99% of the time I'll be capturing my desktop through Xsplit to broadcast live. I'll VERY rarely, if ever, capture and record locally. Thank you, though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The desktop is 4 side black.

Cauptain - 99% of the time I'll be capturing my desktop through Xsplit to broadcast live. I'll VERY rarely, if ever, capture and record locally. Thank you, though.
    Explain your display card settings.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    I have the screen resolution set at 1280x720, I have the scaling currently on aspect ratio. I cloned the BIM HDMI monitor and my 22 inch HP monitor together. I have it set up for multiple monitor display. I'm not sure what else there is to tell? What would you need to know?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have the screen resolution set at 1280x720, I have the scaling currently on aspect ratio. I cloned the BIM HDMI monitor and my 22 inch HP monitor together. I have it set up for multiple monitor display. I'm not sure what else there is to tell? What would you need to know?
    To change resolution or AR in Clone mode not work. Use extend output.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    To be honest, streaming live with Xsplit at 720p with a 1920x1080 was never an issue for me. I used to do that when I streamed with DXtory. It would encode the stream from 1920x1080 and broadcast it at 720p quality. Always looked really good, so trying to figure out why the 4 side black is appearing when I change the resolution to 720p is really on the bottom of my list of things to do.

What I WOULD like to figure out is the interlacing that you see happening on my test videos. Since I'm trying to put out nice quality videos, having the black lines across the screen randomly really isn't an option for me. I'm sure I could try to find the reasons why that's happening. I also haven't tested Motion JPEG yet, either. If you guys have any suggestions regarding the interlacing issue, I'd love to hear it, and I greatly appreciate all of your guys' help thus far. You guys have been a great help.
    Last edited by FoKuZStream; 13th May 2012 at 17:56.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I need to re-read your configuration but I don't understand the use of clone mode.

The best I understand now is you want to feed 1280x720p/60 to the BMI (BMI set to 720p) and VGA to your computer monitor.

The VGA output should be set to the monitor's native resolution (e.g. 1920x1080p60, 1650x1050p/60, etc).
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    You can't do 1080p60 with BMI. The most you can do is 30. As far as the VGA output, it's set at 1920x1080p60, if that's what youre referring to. I do have that set correctly with no issues.

Only reason I was considering lowering my monitors resolution is because somebody here recommended that since I'm broadcasting 720p quality videos, I mine as well just make my desktop resolution 720 to match the output. Like I said, though, it's really not an issue when everything is said and done. I'd prefer it being on 1920x1080 anyways.

Like I said, the main issue is the interlacing I'm experiencing while trying to view my videos after I get done broadcasting them. Maybe it's just how twitch.tv converts the video after broadcasting live. I'll have to check how the video looks while actually streaming.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What I WOULD like to figure out is the interlacing that you see happening on my test videos. Since I'm trying to put out nice quality videos, having the black lines across the screen randomly really isn't an option for me.
    Direct me to a picture?

Black lines don't sound like "interlacing" but to inability to keep up with the data stream.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't do 1080p60 with BMI. The most you can do is 30. As far as the VGA output, it's set at 1920x1080p60, if that's what youre referring to. I do have that set correctly with no issues.

BMI supported resolutions

1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60,
    1080p23.976, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30,
    720p50, 720p59.94 and 720p60.

No 1920x1080p60 or 1280x720p30
    Last edited by edDV; 13th May 2012 at 18:16.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    http://www.twitch.tv/fokuzstream/b/318084120

Come to think about it, maybe that was happening cause I was only broadcasting at 30 FPS. I believe I read somewhere that when you broadcast FPS games in Xsplit, you need to raise your FPS higher than that. 30 is good for games like WoW and SWTOR, but FPS it needs to be higher.

I'll test out a game like WoW later to see if that's still happening.
    Last edited by FoKuZStream; 13th May 2012 at 18:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dup post
    Last edited by edDV; 13th May 2012 at 20:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    File info

General
    Complete name : D:\live_user_fokuzstream_1336934271.flv
    Format : Flash Video
    File size : 25.8 MiB
    Duration : 1mn 49s
    Overall bit rate : 1 986 Kbps
    Tagged date : UTC 2012-05-13 18:40:00
    Tagging application : flvmeta 1.1-r213

Video
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L5.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : 7
    Bit rate : 1 791 Kbps
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 30.030 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.065
    Stream size : 23.9 MiB (92%)
    Writing library : x264 core 120 r2164 da19765
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=1 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=2 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=2 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=0 / keyint=350 / keyint_min=90 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=0 / crf=25.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=2500 / vbv_bufsize=2500 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=none / ip_ratio=1.41 / pb_ratio=1.25 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : 10
    Bit rate : 140 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : 372ms
    Stream size : 1.92 MiB (7%)

The captured stream is showing frame blending (double vision) due to 60p->30p*. Also one of the frames is torn (light pole). The 1,986 Kbps bit rate seems excessive. Compress more until the tearing stops.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2012-05-13-15h56m06s91.png
Views:	232
Size:	887.9 KB
ID:	12415

Those aren't "black lines", every other line references a different frame in the original 60p stream.

* The 60p stream should be frame decimated to 30p.
    Last edited by edDV; 13th May 2012 at 19:19.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    When streaming on Xsplit, I really don't have that many options available as far as encoding goes. The only things I'm able to select is the bitrate to use as I'm streaming (which I'm surprised only shows 1300 considering the fact i have my max bitrate set at 2500. I have a 6 mbps upload, and any bitrate above 3000 makes it so people with bad internet cant view your stream, so I felt 2500 was a sufficient bitrate), the resolution to broadcast in (in that video, I had 1280x720 selected. If I try to stream live in 1080p, my in-game FPS takes a hit and starts to turn choppy), and your FPS you stream at, which in that video I had 30 FPS chosen. Other than that, everything is just built in to Xsplit and I'm unable to edit any of it, besides the options I listed.

So are you suggesting that if I had 60 FPS selected instead of 30, the video wouldn't have looked like that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

So are you suggesting that if I had 60 FPS selected instead of 30, the video wouldn't have looked like that?
    Try 60fps. I used Stream Transport to cap it non-realtime so the frame split is in the file so happened during the upload.

There may be a way to realtime frame decimate the 720p/60 stream to 720p30. Maybe others know. Too bad BMI won't cap at 720p30.
    Last edited by edDV; 13th May 2012 at 20:09.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM

ahhh okay..good to know thanks
    Going by what edDV has said, apparently you were not using 1080i. It was 1080p.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    The Black Magic Intensity only accepts 1080i at 25/29.97 (not 1080p).
    Can you please tell me why I can't record 1080p Xbox 360 footage on my Blackmagic Intensity Pro? It has various 1080p settings, but they all give it a black screen, so I don't understand this. I can do 1080i at best.

I've connected the Xbox 360 to the Blackmagic Intensity Pro with component, but have an HD-DVD drive and would like to play films in full 1080p without having to disconnect all the leads from the BMI (as I'll never get them back in again) and plugging them into the TV (as well as it being a right faff).

Thanks in advance.
    Dom Robinson
    Editor, http://DVDfever.co.uk
    Quote Quote