VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Thank you very much for your guide: it's great

Only a problem: when I try to burn with VcdEasy a (S)VCD greater than 700 Mb (on a 700 Mb support) but whose dimension are still in the parameters for 1 (S)Vcd it doesn't burn.

I have to reduce the file <= 700 Mb, while when I burn the same file (> 700 Mb) with Nero I have a lot of remaining space (but without chapters).

I enabled overburning, but the question isn't that.

There is a solution?

Thanks a lot

Pippo
    Quote Quote  
  2. You have an "autopadding" problem that is "bloating" your MPEG file.

If you search for "autopadding" and "bloating" you will find many topics on this problem.

To fix, you will have to remultiplex your MPEG (e.g., with bbMPEG on the SVCD setting).

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  3. First of thanks for the awsome guide!

Just one problem, i have made mpeg stills for each chapter in my svcd for the purpose of being able to press next through chapter stills and then when i reach the still for the chapter i want to view press play and start the film at that chapter, is it me or isn't that possible? i have made one where i'm taken back to the main menu when i press play and one where nothing happens when i press play.

Do i make sense at all?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Spliffman
    Just one problem, i have made mpeg stills for each chapter in my svcd for the purpose of being able to press next through chapter stills and then when i reach the still for the chapter i want to view press play and start the film at that chapter, is it me or isn't that possible?
    It is you.

What you want is possible.

You will have to make chapters using the entrypoint system as per this article: http://www.michaeltam.com/chapters.html

I suggest, however, that you use VCDEasy to make the chapters.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, now it's not often I've come across guides that have just about all the answers I need! Thanx gonz0, got all my menus and chapters working well with this one. I have a small querie tho; being able to interact menus with chapters using basic DVD-player controls, i was wondering if it is possible to select a chapter from the menu using the mouse-pointer on a PC (clicking on a small menu-area covering a specific pic or text) as well, or if you could direct me to a possible guide I may have missed out on this issue?

With regards,
    Pac
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi gonz0,

first I wanna say that your guide is great. Got all done by first time.

To make my menus better I tryied to make mpeg-Files as menu-choice-chapters. I mean e.g. "menu 1 to 4" is not a still but a 40 sec during mpeg-File. I re-assigned the first 4 chapters of the main movie to the key 1 to 4 of the "menu 1 to 4"-mpeg. And so on for the other menus and chapters.

All the menu files work fine and of course also the main movie. But now the Problem: During each movie-file (of course then also the menu-Movies) I cannot select any number-key! Forward, back, return and standard are working fine, but each time I press a number to select a chapter in the chapter-selection menu-mpeg there is no responding! The same during the main movie: I cannot select a next or previous chapter by number keys, only by pushing next or forward on my remote. That is not so worrying, but that i cannot choose any chapter during the play of the menu-files is not so god.
    Do you know sommething about it. Or it is a DVD-Player-problem?
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  7. my svcd worked just fine with this guide, but i got just one problem:
    i´m trying to put trailers. i made the mpeg still with numbers to be pushed and choose the trailer (more than one), but the problem is that when i push the number, nothing happens! instead of that, the trailer always (i burned more than one svcd) comes in the end of the movie. and if i have more than one trailer, just the first one comes along.

i did everything ok in the interactivity page as the guide tell us, like putting each trailer with its numeric number in the right side box (with "overwright this default assingment" checked). i did exactly what i did for chapters and "insert another cd" sigh in the end of the movie. all of that worked, but not the trailers...

what the hell am i doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  8. You could be doing many things wrong... but we will never know if you don't post the contents of the XML file...

Use the [ CODE ] tags otherwise it is very difficult to read on the forums.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by vitualis
    You could be doing many things wrong... but we will never know if you don't post the contents of the XML file...

Use the [ CODE ] tags otherwise it is very difficult to read on the forums.

Regards.

how do i post the xml file? should i open it in some program and paste the info here? if so, which program?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open it in any txt viewer, notepad or wordpad will do. Copy and paste the text into the post, highlight it, and hit the Code button like Vitualis suggested.

BTW, if anyone is interested, my guide shows a little more of the steps leading up to VCDEasy, such as getting and editing your menu's.
    http://home.att.net/~adam.poole/Introduction.htm

You may want to use both guides in conjunction if your source is a DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  11. ok, i opened it with wordpad, and here it is (let me know if something goes wrong):

Code:

let me know what you think! (my problem is that when i push the trailer button in the main menu (in this case number 2), nothing happens. the trailer just comes at the end of the movie.)

take care.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi, that was a really helpful guide.

i need some guidance i wonder if u can help me. I have a project to do, i need to make presentations in macromedia flash in swf files. the same presentation need to be converted to vcd format too, playable on a standalone vcd player. the client wants the cd to be viewed as a vcd on a vcd player and also as a flash presentation on a computer. on the computer it will display as an interactive exe file. however both formats of the presentation (vcd and flash) have to be stored on the same cd. the same single cd can be used to watch as a vcd on a player and as a flash presentation on a computer. how do i go about doing it or what kinda software do i use?

Thank u.
    Quote Quote