VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sure this question was asked before somewhere, But what is the best software free are paid for burning DVD and or Bluray movies? Was using nero but lately it's giving me a fit.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yea moviegeek, I use that for Blurays, but I was so used to using nero express for everything else which it is an easy program, But for some reason Imgburn was giving me a fit today, I had 3 coasters but it could have been the cheap HP disks and for some reason it would keep coming up as IO error.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ImgBurn...it's not even debatable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Imgburn, while great, is just a burner program, though. It won't re-encode all your AVIs/MP4s/MKVs/whatever into a proper DVD-Video or Blu-Ray disc with menus, if that's what you're looking for. For DVD-Video discs, you can use programs like AVS2DVD (be sure to check all the settings before you start using it; it defaults to creating PAL-format discs, for example.), FAVC, DVD Flick, and the commercial ConvertX2DVD, along with Imgburn to burn the resulting disc.

I don't create much Blu-Ray-compatible content, but for that, you might try MultiAVCHD. There's at least one or two others, in that regard, but I don't remember their names, offhand.

Edit: Maybe you could post one of the Imgburn logs from your failed burns, and someone might be able to see what the problem could be.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ai Haibara, I'm not trying to re-encode just burn a ts-video folder on my hard drive, I will try your other suggestions and I do use Convertx2dvd it is one of the best programs I ever used.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    why even burn ts-video folder....when you can just create to iso then burn to ImgBurn.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some just prefer to rip as VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS folders, rather than to an ISO image. Imgburn has no problems with either, so it's really just a matter of preference.

Besides, some software doesn't let you rip to ISO, anyway (like the free version of DVDFab, as I recall), so you'd have to take an extra step in creating an ISO, anyway, if you wanted to do that.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your right Ai Haibara, When you rip to hard drive with DVDfab or Anydvd they automatically create video_ts an audio_ts folders, So then you just burn them, At least that is what I have been doing for years.
    Quote Quote  
  9. An I/O error usually indicates bad discs but I would try this to troubleshoot:

1. Re-install ImgBurn, it's possible something got corrupted.
    2. Lower the burn speed, I get consistently good burns using 8x for SL and 4x for DL.
    3. Use better discs, most likely you got a bad batch.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    But what is the best software free are paid for burning DVD and or Bluray movies?
    HUH ?!?!?!

Originally Posted by bbanderic View Post
    ImgBurn...it's not even debatable.
    YEP!!!

Yea moviegeek, I use that for Blurays,
    You can use it for EVERYTHING!!!!
    It was used for DVD, Image's OR VIDEO_TS folder's years before bluray!!!

Was using nero but lately it's giving me a fit.
    But for some reason Imgburn was giving me a fit today,
    Which was it ??
    Nero or Imgburn ?

Originally Posted by budz View Post
    why even burn ts-video folder....when you can just create to iso then burn to ImgBurn.....
    Not to bust yer balls but.....

LOL!!

Ai Haibara, I'm not trying to re-encode just burn a ts-video folder on my hard drive, I will try your other suggestions and I do use Convertx2dvd it is one of the best programs I ever used.
    If you are just trying to burn, then what does a converting program have to do with anything ?

Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK View Post
    An I/O error usually indicates bad discs but I would try this to troubleshoot:

1. Re-install ImgBurn, it's possible something got corrupted.
    2. Lower the burn speed, I get consistently good burns using 8x for SL and 4x for DL.
    3. Use better discs, most likely you got a bad batch.
    Yep, I just caught the HP media comment.....

But DAYUM!!!!!
    The OP is all over the map!!!!!!

Hi
    I have eggs, but my waffles taste funny, maybe because i use unleaded premium when i drink milk!!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Noahtuck, Both burning programs were giving me a fit as stated, I wasn't trying to convert anything just trying to burn as stated in the first post. Not sure what you mean by the OP is all over the map
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Moviegeek, Thanks for the reply, I'm going to try that, I'm not sure if it is the disks I'm using because I would burn one ok then the next time it would come up I/O error, So I would uninstall my burner then restart my computer then it would let me burn another dvd, So I'm thinking it might have something to do with my burner, And I just put a new burner (LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS70) in, unless I got a bad burner from Newegg.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For just burning I've been having very good luck recently with CDburnerXP. And it's free. I had been using BurnAware Free, but have found that CDburnerXP is a little faster and lets one of my burners burn discs at full speed that BurnAware free would not.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Imgburn. I'll brook no argument there.

HP discs are crap.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for all the replys, I used HP disks before they aren't that bad an I got them at a great price, But I had problems with LG burners before so I don't know how they get so good reviews but I just bought my last one, I will stick with Pioneer or Samsung.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You realise you just said HP discs are really great except they often don't work...
    Bit like the life-saving operation was a great success, but the patient died
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    KBeee, No! I said HP disks aren't that bad, Didn't say they were great, But the disks did work, It was something else as I stated in post #13.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HP discs are crap.....nuff said.....I wouldn't buy a Pioneer dvd burner if someone paid me....of course if Pioneer decides to go back to using NEC chipset then that's a different story.....
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    budz, NEC was great years ago, My son is still using his and I think the model is 3550A
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure what you mean by the OP is all over the map
    Oy Vey.....

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    budz, NEC was great years ago, My son is still using his and I think the model is 3550A
    I wasn't talking about NEC dvd burners.....Pioneer used to use NEC chipsets in their dvd burners.....then a few years back they decided to use Mediatek chipsets which aren't the greatest....although Liteon uses it.....
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I was just using the NEC burner as an example of how good their chipsets were, I didn't know Liteon used them, So thanks for that info.
    Quote Quote