I have a friend that needs some sound bytes that she is using in a club to tell them to change stations. She wanted to try something unusual and I am trying to help her. She needs it to tell them every 50 seconds when to move and the generic ones are just too boring. She was hoping to get Dudley Moore laughing, King & I saying etc. etc. etc., Back to the future- you know if you can put your mind to it, Beam me up Scotty, Ten Commandments - As for me & my house...., Wiz of Oz- Says - Go Away, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. Where can I find these for free to help her out. Is that possible. If not, I need some cool sounds to be able to download . Thanks for the help.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
just being funny,
if this is the case for me to help a friend with Free Sound Bytes??? I am splitting up few words....
I could have Byte my friends gently, I mean gently, and could have recorded sound he or she made...
Have a Free Byte for Sounds!
Since pretty much ALL of those clips you mentioned are Copyrighted, you are limited to just a few options:
- Buy the discs, rip the audio tracks and edit them down (Most expensive, but best quality; licensing is gray area).
- Find a site/company that does that and licenses/sells the clips (Least amount of effort on your part and you are totally safe legally, but quality isn't under your control and selection may still be limited).
- Create your own! (Obviously won't be "sound-alike"s and take much effort to create, but you have total control once you edit them)
- Get them from a friend who has them already (but you would probably have already done this and wouldn't be here if that were an option, plus you still have nagging licensing issues).
- Go the illegal route and get them from warez/p2p sites (since this is supposed to be for a business, this is DEFINATELY NOT a good option).
- Skip the idea and do something else...