VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi... I want to ask something...
    Yesterday, I record video use webcam at my laptop.. But when I record, my laptop lag... So, i shut down...
    When I opened, I see 2 video file, Capture_20120415.AVI (2 byte) and Capture_20120415.avi.part (1,88GB)...
    But that file can't opened...

Anyone know how to opened that file? because I need that file..

Thank's for all...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Copy the big file (so you don't screw up the original) then rename the copy something.avi. See if that plays.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Copy the big file (so you don't screw up the original) then rename the copy something.avi. See if that plays.

Try Virtual Dub and Avidemux.

This often works for files that have been truncated:
    If it plays but reports errors, you can save it as a new AVI file -- in VirtualDub use "direct stream copy" and in Avidemux have both video and audio set to "copy".
    That will rebuild the file with indexes so it should play normally.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank's for it.. I already changes it to .avi, but it's can't work...
    VirtualDub and Avidemux is same.. When I want to opened, that write The File "xxx" is of an unknown or unsupported file type...
    Have any software or what to opened?
    Thank's...
    Quote Quote  
  5. I suspect the AVI header structure isn't filled out. If so, it will require more sophisticated techniques to fix. Like making another recording with the same device with the same settings and approximately the same length, then copying (with a hex editor) the AVI header from that file to the bad file. Then you'll probably have to use one of the AVI recovery tools like DivFix.
    Last edited by jagabo; 21st Apr 2012 at 13:01.
    Quote Quote