VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Algeria
    Search PM
    Well ,i have Blu-ray Player Samsung BD-C6900 and i am try many time to merge subtitle arabic with MKV file with mkvmerge GUI but i get problem when i play the file in player it doesnt show the subtitle as i merge !!! (Video without subtitle)
    And i try make the same name of video and srt it show the subtitle arabic bit not correctly ,learn it frim the left to right !!
    So pleas i need help for make subtitle works with video mkv file on my Blu-ray Player
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Parsippany, N.J.
    Search Comp PM
    Did you turn on the subtitle option from your remote?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Freedonia
    Search Comp PM
    Did you buy this player in your country or another country?

    1) Players sold outside of your country may not support Arabic subtitles when playing files.
    2) Players sold in your country may not support Arabic subtitles at all when playing files. Generally Latin character sets are supported everywhere. Cyrillic support is also fairly common and support for Asian languages may be found on players sold in Asia but other character sets may not be supported at all even on players sold in those countries.
    3) Only very specific text formats for Arabic may be supported. I know about Cyrillic character sets, but I do not know anything about Arabic character sets. You may have to try Unicode and other Arabic character sets such as ISO-8859-6 until you find one that works. An old Philips DVD player I owned some years ago supported Cyrillic but they only supported a very old character set that had been out of use for years. The documentation that came with the DVD player told what it supported and once I converted to that old format, my Cyrillic subtitles worked fine.
    4) Only specific subtitle formats may be supported and your subtitles may be in the wrong format. Generally speaking text based SRT subtitles have the best chance of success with SUB/IDX probably being the 2nd best choice.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Algeria
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by capvid0429 View Post
    Did you turn on the subtitle option from your remote?
    Yes i do on subtitle
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Algeria
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Did you buy this player in your country or another country?

    1) Players sold outside of your country may not support Arabic subtitles when playing files.
    2) Players sold in your country may not support Arabic subtitles at all when playing files. Generally Latin character sets are supported everywhere. Cyrillic support is also fairly common and support for Asian languages may be found on players sold in Asia but other character sets may not be supported at all even on players sold in those countries.
    3) Only very specific text formats for Arabic may be supported. I know about Cyrillic character sets, but I do not know anything about Arabic character sets. You may have to try Unicode and other Arabic character sets such as ISO-8859-6 until you find one that works. An old Philips DVD player I owned some years ago supported Cyrillic but they only supported a very old character set that had been out of use for years. The documentation that came with the DVD player told what it supported and once I converted to that old format, my Cyrillic subtitles worked fine.
    4) Only specific subtitle formats may be supported and your subtitles may be in the wrong format. Generally speaking text based SRT subtitles have the best chance of success with SUB/IDX probably being the 2nd best choice.
    It sold outside of my country!anyway i understand from your info is no way to get modified subtitle with file . !
    Still waiting any advise
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Algeria
    Search PM
    Up................................................ ..............................................
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Freedonia
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sheva View Post
    It sold outside of my country!anyway i understand from your info is no way to get modified subtitle with file . !
    Still waiting any advise
    You will probably never get it working since you bought it in another country. But you should try my suggestions in #3 and #4 in my post before you give up. There is a small chance that one of those ideas might work for you.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Algeria
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by Sheva View Post
    It sold outside of my country!anyway i understand from your info is no way to get modified subtitle with file . !
    Still waiting any advise
    You will probably never get it working since you bought it in another country. But you should try my suggestions in #3 and #4 in my post before you give up. There is a small chance that one of those ideas might work for you.
    how do the tutorial ?
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads