VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I downloaded a 3D movie and when I play it on my 3D tv I have a 55IN LG it comes up as 2 spilt screens how can I watch it as a full screen is there away?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stadelbauer View Post
    I downloaded a 3D movie and when I play it on my 3D tv I have a 55IN LG it comes up as 2 spilt screens how can I watch it as a full screen is there away?
    Because that is how it works.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, what edDV is saying is that one of the most common 3D formats is what is known as Side-by-side (SbS) which looks, in standard 2D mode, just like an Anamorphically squeezed split screen.

This kind of file doesn't normally have the necessary signalling to tell your 3DTV to automatically switch into 3D mode, so you will have to manually do it. But that should be all you have to do (that, and put on your glasses).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. So theres no way to do it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think what cornocopia is telling you is to use a manual selector in your 3d mode menu to select side-by-side. Read your tv manual for details on how to do that - and use your glasses
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by stadelbauer View Post
    So theres no way to do it?
    You do have a 3D TV I suppose?

Hit the 3D button on your LG remote, up pops a window saying put on your glasses, okay. Another window appears showing your 3D choices: 2D to 3D conversion, side-by-side, stacked, etc. Pick the one that matches, and "split-screen" sounds like SBS.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A google search will lead you on how to play games with split screen in which each gamer just sees one screen, LG makes glasses that will do this.

To watch a 2D movie using the split screen method to convert to 3D is another matter, got nothing to do with playing games in split screen, totally different subject. I cannot find a manufactured pair of glasses that will do this type of conversion, I do not know why LG doesn't make these types of glasses as they do have the split screen option, along with several other options. The default when you convert 2D to 3D movie is the 1st option, stereoscopic mode, you can use the double polarized lens glasses that comes with the LG tv. I talked to a representative at LG about the split screen option, why LG doesn't supply glasses for this type of 2D to 3D conversion, he didn't really have an answer so he started talking about gaming split screen, nothing to do with 2D to 3D split screen, the conversation got a bit argumentative so I hung up on him. He was obviously trying to evade my question. Recently I purchased the Oculus Rift head set, it uses split screen to play 3D, connected my LG 3D Blu Ray player using the HDMI cable to the Rift device box, I could see the split screen clearly before inserting the lenses but you need the lenses in order to see the video wearing the headset. Try as I might, I could not merge the left and right sides. Turns out the Rift only works with games programmed for vr, it is not designed to play back movies. I'm screwed again.

If anyone out there knows of a manufactured set of split screen 3D glasses, and I am not talking about gaming here, please, let us know. Split screen is the best way to convert 2D to 3D, they probably don't make them because adjustment is required per individual in order to get the left and right sides to merge into one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ggeobc View Post
    A google search will lead you on how to play games with split screen in which each gamer just sees one screen, LG makes glasses that will do this.

To watch a 2D movie using the split screen method to convert to 3D is another matter, got nothing to do with playing games in split screen, totally different subject. I cannot find a manufactured pair of glasses that will do this type of conversion, I do not know why LG doesn't make these types of glasses as they do have the split screen option, along with several other options. The default when you convert 2D to 3D movie is the 1st option, stereoscopic mode, you can use the double polarized lens glasses that comes with the LG tv. I talked to a representative at LG about the split screen option, why LG doesn't supply glasses for this type of 2D to 3D conversion, he didn't really have an answer so he started talking about gaming split screen, nothing to do with 2D to 3D split screen, the conversation got a bit argumentative so I hung up on him. He was obviously trying to evade my question. Recently I purchased the Oculus Rift head set, it uses split screen to play 3D, connected my LG 3D Blu Ray player using the HDMI cable to the Rift device box, I could see the split screen clearly before inserting the lenses but you need the lenses in order to see the video wearing the headset. Try as I might, I could not merge the left and right sides. Turns out the Rift only works with games programmed for vr, it is not designed to play back movies. I'm screwed again.

If anyone out there knows of a manufactured set of split screen 3D glasses, and I am not talking about gaming here, please, let us know. Split screen is the best way to convert 2D to 3D, they probably don't make them because adjustment is required per individual in order to get the left and right sides to merge into one.

not a good first post. you graverobbed an old dead thread to ramble about something that has nothing to do with the original post.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet.
    Not a lot of posts here, I can see why.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ggeobc View Post
    Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet.
    Not a lot of posts here, I can see why.
    So because you think this forum is slow, that makes it ok to respond to an old topic with a reply that is not relevant to original question? Great logic.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote