VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    I'm looking for some recommendations for a site to purchase a replacement laptop screen. I've noticed several in a google search but I thought I'd ask if any of you have had personal experience with any site in particular or if you would have any recommendations.

Thanks!

edit
    right now I'm lookin at a site called screencountry.com. Looks pretty good, they have what I need, and offer a 3 year warranty. Anyone have any experience with them?
    Last edited by freebird73717; 15th Apr 2012 at 16:35.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    im in australia, i used screencountry, ordered on a thursday arrived on the following tuesday from canada. was impressed how quick it arrived, make sure u order the correct one. i have a compaq and u have to completely pull keyboard apart to fit the screen. I was told a toshiba is much easier to install.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Look into Ebay for pulls from discontinued laptops - even used screens can be a good buy. I've had to replace several screens (cracked from user drops/abuse, so no warranty coverage) and I purchased used screens from eBay. All of the replaced screens are still working.

I repair Toshibas (only) and I get the disassembly instructions from http://www.irisvista.com/tech/ . With a Toshiba, you have to remove the keyboard and the top palm rest to access the screen's plugs - in other words, you must remove 95% of all the laptop's screws to be able to remove the screen. It's a royal pain-in-the-ass to do this, but isn't particularly difficult.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26 14' 10.16"N -- 80 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.laptopscreen.com/

Very fast delivery to AU. I'm happy with the service and the price.
    Quote Quote  
  5. newegg.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by artistmode View Post
    newegg.com
    While I have ordered a ton of stuff from newegg, I've never seen replacment screens for laptops. Sure they have tons of monitors but not the component screens to replace a cracked laptop screen.

I ordered one from screencountry.com

Should be here by the end of the day Thursday. Looks like it's based in Canada. I'm in the US. I'll let you know how it goes. So far they shipped it quickly and their communication (order processed, order shipped, etc.) has been very good.

I'll post back on when the screen comes in and let you guys know more.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FYI ScreenCountry originates in Canada, but they just got a US location now.
    Hope your purchase works out good for ya, let me know if you have any ?s or troubles

Ellis
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Screen came in today. It did come from Canada. No problems as it arrived quickly. Was in a really skinny box. Inside the box it was in a bubble padded envelope. Packaging could probably have been better, but it did arrive in good condition. Installed easy. Had one dead pixel near the bottom. Not worth my trouble to send it back. All in all happy with the way it turned out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post
    I repair Toshibas (only) and I get the disassembly instructions from http://www.irisvista.com/tech/ . With a Toshiba, you have to remove the keyboard and the top palm rest to access the screen's plugs - in other words, you must remove 95% of all the laptop's screws to be able to remove the screen. It's a royal pain-in-the-ass to do this, but isn't particularly difficult.
    Suprisingly enough this was a Toshiba satellite and it was really easy to replace. 4 screws to remove the front bezel and 6 screws to remove the screen. Actually really quick. Supprised me.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Re: Dead pixel

If you don't want to send the screen back, at least try these techniques:
    http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2007/08/06/how-to-fix-a-stuck-pixel-on-an-lcd-screen/

Otherwise you can exchange it by submitting a support ticket, and start the ticket with "Attn: Ellis"
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Wondered if you were with them. It's no problem. It's barely noticeable. Might try to massage it out.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    We are fairly involved on-line, mostly NoteBookReview and YouTube but it's always fun to discover new tech forums

Did you get the YouTube tutorial invite btw?
    Quote Quote