+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    jagabo > Did you see this post??

Originally Posted by Asesinato View Post
    Jag > I was thinking about the merged, there is something i dont under stand...

v1=AviSource("capture2(1).avi").Trim(97,0) v2=AviSource("capture2(2).avi").ColorYUV(off_y=-24)

That i understand... But what then if you have 4 ? which v should it match up in frames?

v1=AviSource("tt.avi").Trim(18,0)
    v2=AviSource("tt2f.avi").ColorYUV(off_y=-24)
    v3=AviSource("tt3f.avi").Trim(8,0)
    v4=AviSource("tt4f.avi").ColorYUV(off_y=-24) Merge(Merge(v1, v2), Merge (V3, v4))

Trim 18 is the differens from tt 1 and 2
    and trim 8 is the differens from 3 and 4

Is that correctly understood?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 2Bdecided View Post
    Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    The O.P. states that the noise pattern doesn't appear on other tapes.
    I know, but Sanlyn, it's difficult for the interference to be on the tape, but different every time the tape is played. Possible, but it's not the only explanation.
    It doesn't look "different" in each specific scene to me, it just looks different in different parts of the tape. In different caps of the dark party it looks the same, and caps of the outdoor scenes look alike, even though the noise is a somewhat different "shape" in those respective scenes. But I'll keep an eye on that.

I have an old 1991 VHS tape with similar noise. I've captured it 4 times. The noise always looks the same.

There is something to your idea about the weak signal, though, and the player's AGC pumping it up. If my memory serves, whenever this noise appeared it was on old tapes that were badly faded.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Or if somebody els knows how the merged function works???
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Asesinato View Post
    Jag > I was thinking about the merged, there is something i dont under stand...

v1=AviSource("capture2(1).avi").Trim(97,0) v2=AviSource("capture2(2).avi").ColorYUV(off_y=-24)

That i understand... But what then if you have 4 ? which v should it match up in frames?

v1=AviSource("tt.avi").Trim(18,0)
    v2=AviSource("tt2f.avi").ColorYUV(off_y=-24)
    v3=AviSource("tt3f.avi").Trim(8,0)
    v4=AviSource("tt4f.avi").ColorYUV(off_y=-24) Merge(Merge(v1, v2), Merge (V3, v4))

Trim 18 is the differens from tt 1 and 2
    and trim 8 is the differens from 3 and 4

Is that correctly understood?
    No, you need to sync all four videos. Pick the one that starts latest as your reference. Trim() the other three to start at the same frame. Or you can trim all four to start at some later frame.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Yeah but how??? i dont understand how to set it up...

I have a clip where the frame starts at 22
    the i have one where the same frame starts at 4
    and then i have on where it starts at 22 again
    and one where it starts at 6

How do i set that up?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Asesinato View Post
    Yeah but how??? i dont understand how to set it up...

I have a clip where the frame starts at 22
    the i have one where the same frame starts at 4
    and then i have on where it starts at 22 again
    and one where it starts at 6

How do i set that up?
    I'm not sure what you mean by "starts at..." If you mean the part of the cap you want to keep starts at the N'th frame of the file:

Code:
    v1=AviSource("starts.at.22.avi").Trim(22,0)
    v2=AviSource("starts.at.04.avi").Trim(4,0)
    v3=AviSource("starts.at.22.avi").Timr(22,0)
    v4=AviSource("starts.at.06.avi").Trim(6,0)
    Merge(Merge(v1, v2), Merge (V3, v4))
    If you want to visually check:
    Code:
    v1=AviSource("starts.at.22.avi").Trim(22,0)
    v2=AviSource("starts.at.04.avi").Trim(4,0)
    v3=AviSource("starts.at.22.avi").Timr(22,0)
    v4=AviSource("starts.at.06.avi").Trim(6,0)
    StackVertical(StackHorizontal(v1, v2), StackHorizontal(V3, v4))
    #optionally:
    BilinearResize(width/2, height/2)
    Last edited by jagabo; 24th Apr 2012 at 16:30.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Guys what have you done to this thread, I was gone for couple of days and you go over 200

Given the trim scheme i never liked it in avisynth, I rather use trimig in vdub the way i found one scene on the reference video and then open as many as necessary instances as videos to trim each of them, then i do direct stream copies and get align videos then I use the merge or median script . Maybe it is lengthier but works for me
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Now i understand.... Thanks for explaining that
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I tried to merge 4 different clips of the daylight scene... Tell me if that helped at all
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Asesinato View Post
    I tried to merge 4 different clips of the daylight scene... Tell me if that helped at all
    Some weird strobing going on. The diagonal lines are a little reduced. Other noise is a little cleaned up too. Did you use the VHS deck's noise reduction? It's probably best not to.
    Last edited by jagabo; 24th Apr 2012 at 18:19.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Some weird strobing going on.
    I saw that effect when I played directly in WMP from the download. When I open the file in VirtualDub it plays OK -- but VirtualDub reports only 116 frames. That's not much for 90-plus MB, even for PAL AVI.

25fps and 29.97fps merged ? ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    That's not much for 90-plus MB, even for PAL AVI.
    It's uncompressed YUY2.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    There is a sample of the 4 merged clips capped without DNR...
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    But if you look longere in that clip (Same as 122.avi comes from) its filled with a ghost like effekt?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Asesinato View Post
    But if you look longere in that clip (Same as 122.avi comes from) its filled with a ghost like effekt?
    The caps have lost sync. One clip is missing four frames and is lagging behind the others. Use the stacking technique in post 216 and you should be able to see where they lose sync.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/345350-VHS-Restoration?p=2157496&viewfull=1#post2157496

This why I said you need to have perfect caps, or work in sections.

Otherwise, clip 122.avi is looking pretty good. The weird strobe effect is gone (though it's a different section than the earlier version with NR, so it might just be because of that) and the diagonal line noise is much reduced compared to a single cap.

After a little processing...
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 25th Apr 2012 at 08:17.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    No bad no bad... I found the error now, and i was in clip 4, recapping and merging now if thats gone...

When i fix the ghost thing then this is as good as we can get the bright scenes ? So i can put those a side for processing and work on capturing dinner scenes?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Uploading a new bit from where 1222 var recorded last, as u can see no ghost
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  18. I don't know for you guys but i'm stuck with 320x240 / 29.9 fps / UYVY on win7 x64 it's a drivers limitations i presume these are the only ones working unfortunately.

https://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12166&stc=1&d=1335367273

You can make the test with graphedit ( or graphedit plus in my case)

Unlike on XP:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/44190441.jpg/
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Win7x64.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	12166  

Last edited by themaster1; 25th Apr 2012 at 10:57.
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  19. Yes, the ghosting is gone, as well as most of the diagonal line noise. I think the bright caps could use a little more contrast. Ie darker darks, brighter brights.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Well tried playing with the contrast and it allmost fucked everything up, also with just alittle change
    Quote Quote  
  21. master you can do custom res in windows 7 and don't enter crossbar or capture pin after that it will revert back in windows 7 is pain in the a.. i sold my pinnacle 110i it had same problem in windows 7 no levels ( proc amp also) i use different card now and it is ok
    Quote Quote  
  22. What i meant to say is that it's probably why Asesinato is stuck with 29.9 fps / 320x240...drivers fault
    He should check with graphedit but if he is stubborn not my problem....
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  23. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well tried playing with the contrast and it allmost fucked everything up, also with just alittle change
    You have to capture these clips slightly bright because they are dim to begin with on tape and you want to retrieve low-level detail, prevent clipping. Your captures can be tweaked and denoised later for the final version. That's the reason for capturing to AVI. Tape is never "perfect" when first captured.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    san> Hey mate Are you satisfied with the bright daylight caps? Because then im going to put them aside and start on the dinner scenes
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Master > I have already look at that, but what do you need changed in captures?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    The caps are 25 fps now?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Ive try capturing 2x dinner scene, early and late dinner... with a brightness off 21
    what do you think
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  28. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    dinner2 is OK. Look at Dinner1: Every time the camera looks toward that bright window, the darks get clipped. Look at the mother's hair, bride;s hair, groom's hair, other hair and a few deeper shadows here and there.: A lot of black blobs, most just a little below the clipping point. I'd raise from21 to 23 or 24 when you see hair and clothing details start to get wiped out.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    Ok i see what you mean, ill fix that
    Quote Quote  
  30. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It won't take long before you develop an eye for that sort of detail. But sometimes, well, the way a video is handled by a camera or recorder, some things are unavoidable.
    Quote Quote