VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 75
1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Since Hybrid can be found in the tools section, I thought a open a support thread, where people can post if they run into problems with Hybrid.

Most important infos I need to reproduce a problem:
    • What Hybrid version did you use?(Windows/Mac/Linux 32/64bit + versions number);
    • What did happen? If an error message came up what did it exactly say?
    • What did you do to get to the bug? (best thing is a detailed step-by-step guide so that I can reproduce the problem)
    • Debug output would be helpful. (Config->Internals->Handling->Create debug file; enable it, directly after starting Hybrid)
    • If possible a small sample file would be great.
    So if you got a feature request, you found a bug, please post here or send me a pm.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Hybrid also got it's own forum, homepage and rss feed for updates
    PPs.: The changelog also lists fixed bugs for the next version. (if you want a test build just send me a pm,..)
    Last edited by Selur; 19th Nov 2013 at 02:44.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just testing to get this thread in my "all threads I've posted in" link so I don't clog up other threads with Hybrid stuff. This program has a lot of potential (if I can just get the Cuda encoder to work). The commandline that it used to encode 264.mkv looked much better than the stock commandline in Virtualdub's external encoder set guide. It took a little longer but that happens when you add filtering to the commandline.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The command line I posted in this thread was just an example, Hybrid on the other hand allows to modify and adjust the Cuda.exe.
    Quote Quote  
  4. My first time using Hybrid. Thanks for the useful program Selur. It compiles a lot of tools that makes it kind of all-in-all.
    Though sadly, i felt that the interface is some what confusing, as it has to include a lot of options for different tools.
    For an instance, I once saw an option to change the no. of threads to be used, but couldn't locate it after a go-through of other options.
    Though i believe after spending some more time with it, i'll get used to it.
    Also, my first and only encode as of now, was a failure, for reasons i don't know why. I was using 2-pass, and during the 2nd pass at 53% it stuck. Though i'll give it some more tries later.
    One more thing. Even After making tweaks under x264 settings, is it necessary to change video settings from 'passthrough' to x264 hybrid default, under the Config>Profiles? If done so, will it take settings as custom given in x264 tab or some 'default' x264 settings as the name suggests?
    Quote Quote  
    1. about the bug: see:http://forum.selur.de/topic8-infos-needed-to-fixreproduce-bugs.html
      without proper infos I can't reproduce and fix stuff
    2. about profiles&co, see: http://forum.selur.de/topic263-info-about-profiles-and-saving-settings.html

I once saw an option to change the no. of threads to be used,
    There are multiple setting which influence the number of threads used in different parts of the processing:
    • x264 has:
      • x264->Main->General Settings->Threads
      • x264->Rate Control->Rate COntrol Settings->Lookahead threads
    • LAV-Threads can be modified under: Config->Input->General Settings->FFmpeg/MEncoder threads
    • threading in SOX can be dis-/enabled under: Config->Internals->Handling->Multithreading for sox
    • with the avisynthExtension installed, there is also:
      • Avisynth threading support Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Misc->MT-Threads and Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Misc->Disable MT
      • FFmpegSource2 threading can be dis-/enabled: Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->FFmpegSource single-thread
      • Some of the Avisynth filters have additional options for threading
    As a general rule: Do not change the threading values unless you are sure of what you are doing, the defaults are normally just fine.

Cu Selur
    Last edited by Selur; 15th Apr 2013 at 16:56.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I didn't mean it as a bug report, else i would have posted with necessary infos.
    Yeah, i get that there are different types of profiles, but i'll have to ask again, is it necessary for me to change the video type from "passthrough" to any other, so that the settings under x264 will be considered.
    Like in vdub, you have to select something other than "direct stream copy" so that the compression settings we applied will be used.
    Quote Quote  
  6. type from "passthrough" to any other, so that the settings under x264 will be considered.
    'Video handling' tells Hybrid what it should do with the input video stream.
    If 'Video handling' is set to:
    • 'x264' the video stream will be reencoded using the x264 encoder
    • 'Xvid' the video stream will be reencoded using the Xvid encoder
    • 'VP8/9' the video stream will be reencoded using the VP8/VP9 encoder
    • 'ProRes' the video stream will be reencoded using the ProRes encoder
    • 'CUDA H.264' the video stream will be reencoded using the CUDA H.264 encoder
    • 'passthrough' the input video stream will be passed through to the output and not changed in any way
    • 'ignore' the input video stream will be ignored
    -> Yes, unless you select anything else than 'ignore' or 'passthrough' no compression will be applied. If you want to reencode the content to H.264 you need to select on of the H.264 encoders.
    (hoped that the toolTips would have cleared that up)

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  7. I wasn't talking about the 'video handling'. Of course i've set it to x264 before tweaking the x264 settings. Obviously, the tooltips explain those options very well, just like Handbrake.
    When i said 'passthrough', i meant the one under the Config>Profiles tab.
    http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8673/hyb.png
    Is it necessary to set it to something other than 'passthrough' even after setting 'video handling' to x264.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hyb.png
Views:	6771
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	17307  

Quote Quote  
  8. The AV-Combo Profiles are ment to combine existing specific profiles.
    So unless you saved your x264 settings into an x264 profile you can't select it there.

If you apply a AV-Combo-Profile with Video->passthrough, Main->Video handling will be adjusted to 'passthrough'.
    If you apply a AV-Combo-Profile with Video->'your custom x264 profile', Main->Video handling will be adjusted to 'x264' and your profile will be loaded.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  9. Okay. But what i was asking is, what should i set it to, if i don't want to use AV-Combo-Profile.
    I don't have any saved profiles. Now, can i set it to 'ignore' and then set video handling to 'x264'
    Will the ouput then use the x264 compression?
    Quote Quote  
  10. If you don't want to use AV-Combo-Profiles, simply don't use them. Av-Combo-Profiles will only be used if you apply them by pressing the apply button on the main page.

If you want the output be be compressed with x264, simply select x264 under Main->Video handling.

Cu Selur

Ps.: btw. I jsut found a bug which prevents Hybrid from using the AV-Combo-Profiles atm. so even if you wanted to use them you couldn't
    Last edited by Selur; 16th Apr 2013 at 07:08.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Av-Combo-Profiles will only be used if you apply them by pressing the apply button on the main page.
    Thank you. That solves my doubt. Could you just point out where this apply button is, so that i make sure i don't mess with it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. The mentioned apply button is not visible unless AV-Combo Profiles exist.
    Attached a screenshot which shows the button if it exists,...
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Apply.png
Views:	6483
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	17309  

Quote Quote  
  13. Then i don't have to worry about it.
    Thanks a lot for the response.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot for this tool. It made my life easier and I've converted almost all my digital media with this awesome tool. Can we make feature requests or provide suggestions? If yes, I'd be glad to provide few suggestions and make some feature requests.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sure, can't promise to implement them, but normally I'm open for suggestions and if I don't add a feature I normally have a reason for it that I can state.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here, the first suggestion.

Whenever we're adding multiple video files for conversion as jobs, just like you have option for auto cropping all the loaded files, can you add the same for MPEG-4 AVC Level?

We can use the reference of this while selecting the level for an individual video file, but when we're adding files in batch, it would be great if it automatically applies the MPEG-4 AVC Level based on the wikipedia reference table. It would find out Frame Width, Frame Height and Frame Rate and apply the most appropriate MPEG-4 AVC Level. It would make it easier for video files to have correct MPEG-4 AVC Level, thus providing correct information for decoders. It's not a bad idea to auto calculate MPEG-4 AVC Level for an individual file as well.

Let me know if you need further information from my side.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Let me know if you need further information from my side.
    From what understand you would like a 'minimize level by MBPS (makroblock per second) only'.
    (taking the example values from the wiki as decision makers seems wrong )
    MBPS = macobloks per second = width*height*fps. (w&h measured in macroblocks, i.e. pixels/16 round up in each dimension)
    which would result in:
    Code:
    mps    <= X    ->        level
    1485        ->        1.0
    3000        ->        1b
    11880        ->        1.3
    19800        ->        2.1
    20250        ->        2.2
    40500        ->        3.0
    108000        ->        3.1
    216000        ->        3.2
    245760        ->        4.0
    491520        ->        4.2
    589824        ->        5.0
    983040        ->        5.1
    2073600        ->        5.2
    else        ->        unrestricted
    Is this what you would like?

If yes, than it's easy to add. I would need to know which version of Hybrid you use (WinXp/Win7/Linux/Mac 32/64bit) to send you a test version.

Cu Selur
    Last edited by Selur; 23rd Apr 2013 at 08:32.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure if the AVC Level is taken by considering all the columns or just width, height and fps. In either case, if auto calculation of that level is possible by examining the video, I would like to have an option for it. So it would examine the video, will consider the user set options like bit rate and will automatically set the minimum AVC level suitable for the video or the set of videos?
    Quote Quote  
  19. If you want Hybrid to minimize the Level based on all your settings (this includes !vbv settings!) simply enable: x264->Misc->Main->Automatically->Minimize AVC level

"Minimize AVC level" calculates:
    1. the minimum level required to match any hardware restrictions (only Blu-ray atm.)
    2. the minimum level needed for the current bitrate
    3. the minimum level needed for the current vbv buffer settings
    4. the minimum level for the macroblocks per second

and then selects the highest needed level, so the minimum required level is selected.

For batch processing this doesn't help much, since it if source a needs in example Level 5.1 Hybrid will in example adjust the vbv settings accordingly and thus all following Files will need that level too since the vbv settings require it.

-> Still not sure what you want/need since for Hybrid all options are 'user set' options.
    (may be you want to something like 'minimize level for mpbs and bitrate' ?)

Cu Selur
    Last edited by Selur; 23rd Apr 2013 at 08:59.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I did not know about the "Minimize AVC level" option. Yes, I was talking about Minimize AVC level and that's the option I was looking for. Just one more question, will "Minimize AVC level" automatically set different AVC level for different videos in batch processing? Let's say I load 2 different videos, which needs 2 and 5 as AVC levels. So if I enable "Minimize AVC level" option, will it automatically assign AVC level 2 and 5 to the videos in batch processing?
    Quote Quote  
  21. So if I enable "Minimize AVC level" option, will it automatically assign AVC level 2 and 5 to the videos in batch processing?
    No. If source A needs level 5 (in example due to it's mbps) Hybrid will adjust the vbv settings accordingly and thus if source B is loaded the vbv values still require level 5 and so the required level is level 5 (that the mbps of source B would only require level 2 is not important).

The problem is with the decision which level a source needs.

Since bitrate and vbv values are not defined by the source this would mean 'minimize level by MBPS' is a good choice since the mbps only depends on source settings (frame rate, frame width, frame height).

Since you also mentioned that you want to specify a bit rate which should be taken into consideration, so I suggested 'minimize level by MBPS and bitrate'.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Made a test version with 'Minimize AVC level for mbps and bitrate' and send you a link via pm.
    Last edited by Selur; 23rd Apr 2013 at 10:03.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tested the option with 5 different videos having different frame rate, frame width and frame height. It automatically assigned the AVC level based on MBPS and bitrate to each different video resulting the final videos with AVC levels 0.9, 1.3, 2.1, 3 and 3.1. That's exactly what I was looking for. Would be great if you could include this option in your next version.

Thanks a lot, keep up the good work mate! Will come up with new suggestions soon!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Would be great if you could include this option in your next version.
    Will do. Please report if you run into any unforeseen problems, I don't suspect any, but I haven't used the option a lot so not sure if I overlooked something.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Would be great if you could include this option in your next version.
    Will do. Please report if you run into any unforeseen problems, I don't suspect any, but I haven't used the option a lot so not sure if I overlooked something.
    Sure, I'll be using that option for next encodes. So I'll report errors, if any.

One more suggestion:

In Hybrid --> x264 --> Main --> Configuration, we have 3 buttons next to configuration selection drop down. Can we add one more button which will save the current settings in the currently selected configuration from drop down. So 4 buttons will be like this:

1. Configuration Apply: Apply the currently selected configuration.
    2. Configuration Delete: Delete the currently selected configuration.
    3. Configuration Save: Save the current settings to selected configuration. (It will save the settings to currently selected drop down configuration file.)
    4. Configuration Export: Export the current settings as configuration XML file.

Not much of a feature request, just a small suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
  25. will think about a 'save under currently selected name', not sure if I will implement it since I think the current solution is working fine and an additional button is not really needed.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    will think about a 'save under currently selected name', not sure if I will implement it since I think the current solution is working fine and an additional button is not really needed.
    No problem. And yes, the "Minimize AVC level for mbps and bitrate" is working fine. I have tested it with several video encodes now. Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I have a problem with Hybrid (version 27 March 2013) where when I add a folder of MPEG2s to demux the video and convert the audio to FLAC - on the 1st folder (Jan 3) no FLAC is generated. I could have 50 folders and Hybrid works fine but it won't generate a FLAC for the 1st folder.

I've uploaded a short test for you here. I drag the "ECW Hardcore TV 1995 test" folder into Hybrid.

My settings are:

Video handling: passthrough
    Audio Handling: Auto add (first)

Audio Tab

Re-encode audio stream. Audio format FLAC. On the Config tab I have everything unticked.
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 1st May 2013 at 10:47.
    Quote Quote  
  28. on tour today with only my tablet will try toreproduce tomorrow and get back to you

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  29. I think I found the source of the problem. (thanks to remote desktop )

Hybrid is calling mplayer to get the audioIDs from the stream using:
    Code:
    "G:\Hybrid\mplayer.exe"  -v -msglevel identify=6  -vo null -ao null -frames 0   "C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\01JANU~1\JAN3~1\ECWHAR~1.MPG"
    and for the audio this returns:
    ==> Found audio stream: 128
    ID_AUDIO_ID=128
    MPEG-PS file format detected.
    ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: audio)
    MPEG: No audio stream found -> no sound.
    Searching for sequence header... OK!
    due to the "MPEG: No audio stream found -> no sound."
    Hybrid assumes the detected audio ids were wrong.

-> disable 'Config->Input->DVD Settings->Ignore all audio on buggy input' (this normally should be in the General Settings not the DVD Settings, since it's a general option )
    With the option disabled Hybrid should detect and process the audio.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote