Page 74 of 76
FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2279
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    About the request: enable "Config->Create report file"
    About 'auto add all': adjust the audio settings&co before loading your source

Cu Selur

Thanks for the quick reply! Really appreciate you helping me understand this.

So to clarify and ensure I am doing this sequence correctly. To begin, I do NOT select my source file yet. Then I performed the following steps, but I think I am not understanding the meaning of the "automatic" conversion because it's not doing what I assume it should be doing? (Sorry my english is not great and also I probably do not fully understand how a DTS-HD/TrueHD stream is formatted compared to their lossy counterparts. So I think I am confused why automatic still means to select encoder and settings.)

1. On main base tab, I select to 'auto add all' audio streams as I usually do.

2. On the Audio tab Misc, I check the two boxes I want for 'auto convert' of the DTS-HD and TrueHD.

3. On the Audio tab Base, I do not need to select any audio encoder settings if I just want to convert from DTS-HD to DTS and TrueHD to AC3? Or do I still need to input encoder settings? Here's my screenshot where I left it blank, then selected my source file, then checked to see what got queued up.

In any case, just for fun, I chose "wrong encoder and settings" ie, I keep selected the "auto convert" options on the Misc tab, but I chose AAC encoder. And of course when I choose the source file, it queues up a DTS-HD to AAC conversion which looks to me like it's ignoring the "auto convert DTS-HD to DTS" option?

So to summarize, if I DON'T select an encoder and settings (ie, leave it blank), the audio stream appears to pass through (does not convert from DTS-HD to DTS). If I DO select an incorrect encoder and settings, then it applies those instead (does not convert from DTS-HD to DTS). But if I select the DTS encoder, then it applies those settings. So, I am unconvinced the "automatic convert" is actually working?
    Quote Quote  
  2. "passthrough" (not setting an encoder) should be correct.
    I can look at this tomorrow, but I would need a debug output of the source analysis and creation of the audio queue, so I can reproduce this. (I need detailed info about the source and how Hybrid detects it.)

Cu Selur

Ps.: According to what I see the audio is detected as DTS not DTS-HD and thus Hybrid will not try to extract a dts core.
    Last edited by Selur; 5th Jan 2024 at 12:03.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    "passthrough" (not setting an encoder) should be correct.
    I can look at this tomorrow, but I would need a debug output of the source analysis and creation of the audio queue, so I can reproduce this. (need detailed info about the source and how Hybrid detects it)

Cu Selur
    Thank you! I've attached two debug outputs here from my two source files along with the mediainfos outputs too.

1. the DTS-HD source file - has one audio stream of DTS-HD

2. the TrueHD source file - has two audio streams, first one is TrueHD. I notice in the audio queue the string 'downsampleTrueHDtoAC3' in there which looks promising! (Wonder why I don't see that with the DTS-HD file.)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. 'downsampleTrueHDtoAC3' indicates that the true-hd part does seem to work.
    the dts-hd part does not work, since Hybrid does not detect the input as dts-hd
    => will look into it (the debug output already contains the mediaInfo output)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Send you a link to a dev version to see whether it fixes the problem.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I tried the dev version and it seems to detect DTS-HD audio correctly and apply the auto convert feature correctly also. yay! (tested on 3 source files.)

However, for TrueHD, I tried using both the stable version and the dev version on 3 different source files (two files were TrueHD5.1 and one was TrueHD2.0), and even though the audio queue seemed to indicate that the auto convert would happen with that "downsampleTrueHDtoAC3" string, when I actually tried it, I received the following error. (see screenshot.) The error message is "You are muxing a true-hd audio stream into a .mkv container: If the stream contains an ac3 core, this action will remove it." Checking afterward with mediainfo verified that it did not in fact "extract the core" since the full TrueHD stream was there. So, I guess it is NOT doing the auto convert? But then I thought to myself that maybe it has something to do with mkv container, so I tried outputting raw and mp4. When I do that, no error message pops up, but when I check with mediainfo, once again only full TrueHD stream is there. I've attached the debug logs for these 3 tests where I output to raw.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. That is not an error, but an info message.
    Hmm,...
    a. the info message shouldn't be necessary when 'downsampleTrueHDtoAC3' is enabled.
    b. it should remove the stream, by first extracting the thd file and then use tsMuxeR to extract the ac3 stream. Seeing the debug output it seems like you set the output to .raw, my guess is that Hybrid in this case overlooked the second necessary audio step.
    => will look at it after work today

Had a quick look at it again:
    Your source is an .mkv file and thus does only contains the thd stream without a core, so 'downsampleTrueHDtoAC3' can't do anything.

For better understanding:
    TrueHD tracks are made of two sub-streams, one TrueHD (.thd) and one Dolby Digital (ac3) - but both sub-streams are independent of each other. In .m2ts-files these two streams are inside one track. mkv does not support this. So in an .mkv-file you can have no such dual streams.
    If you use MakeMKV depending on the settings you get:
    a. either a TrueHD- or an .ac3-stream
    or
    b. a TrueHD- and an .ac3-stream
    but no combo stream.

I'll adjust Hybrid to:
    a. not set 'downsampleTrueHDtoAC3' inside the AudioQueue if the input is an Matroska compatible file.
    b. only report the message if the output is mkv and 'downsampleTrueHDtoAC3'.
    => so if your input is an mkv and you want to turn a .thd file into a .ac3 file reencoding is needed.

Cu Selur
    Last edited by Selur; 8th Jan 2024 at 07:55.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Send you a link to a dev version which incorporates the mentioned changes.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Oh I see! That's very helpful to know limitation of mkv. I've been using MakeMKV so this "problem" will always occur it seems then. Is there another recent/up-to-date "easy one click" tool like MakeMKV you recommend that will do the job but keep these audio streams correctly?

May I also suggest to add in the 'tooltip help' your explanation of this limitation of TrueHD in mkv?

I will download the new dev version soon.
    Quote Quote  
  10. iirc. MakeMKV does offer to extract both TrueHD and ac3 into separate streams, so not really a problem. (also modern players do support TrueHD)
    Can't really help with an alternative to MakeMKV.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    The new dev build seems to work as advertised! I see the message in the window: "Can't rextract ac3 stream from true-hd, since matroska files always only contain the trueHD stream without the ac3 core."

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot my way through this auto convert. Appreciate it!

Second part of this post is about MakeMKV and TrueHD just in case anyone knows better what's happening, but I'm not going to worry too much more since I don't have a lot of TrueHD discs (most seem to be DTS-HD instead) and I can always just force encode down to ac3.

Looking at my MakeMKV readout and I don't quite see how to separate the streams. For example in this screenshot, the audio line is indented (IDK if that actually means anything) but when I look at it, the TrueHD is 7.1, then indent is 5.1. Where did the other two channels go?? How is the "core" two less channels? I'm just confused haha.

Quote Quote  
  12. Can't say what MakeMKV does internally. My guess is that if the sub-5.1 ac3 stream and the separate DD Surround 5.1 English streams are identical.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi Selur, I downloaded the lastest version of Hybrid today and everything I try to do now seems to make it crash.

Heres a debug file.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  14. Can't really reproduce the problem here. (debug output didn't help since it ends where you changed the output path; output path determines the debug output location)
    Send you a link to my current dev version (via pm), please share another debug output in case it also crashes with that version.

Cu Selur
    Last edited by Selur; 12th Feb 2024 at 08:42.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Ok Ive just tried the dev version and the avisynth filters still dont seem to be working. I get two error messages and the the program closes.
    [Attachment 76981 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 76982 - Click to enlarge]

However those filters did work with vapoursynth selected, although the temporaldegrain2 filter makes it crash.

Heres a debug output for each of the incidents.

Thanks
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  16. Avisynth.zip ends at outputDir set to(2): C:\Users\orval\Desktop\Sharpen -> no useful data

TemporalDegrain2 with Vapoursynth, the processing
    Code:
    # Imports
    import vapoursynth as vs
    # getting Vapoursynth core
    import ctypes
    import sys
    import os
    core = vs.core
    # Import scripts folder
    scriptPath = 'C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsscripts'
    sys.path.insert(0, os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
    # Loading Support Files
    Dllref = ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libfftw3f-3.dll")
    # Loading Plugins
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SharpenFilter/CAS/CAS.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/FFT3DFilter/fft3dfilter.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/CTMF/CTMF.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libmvtools_sf_em64t.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/TCanny.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/RemoveGrain/RemoveGrainVS.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/AddGrain/AddGrain.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/DFTTest/DFTTest.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/NEO_FFT3DFilter/neo-fft3d.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/EEDI3m.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ResizeFilter/nnedi3/vsznedi3.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libmvtools.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/scenechange.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/fmtconv.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/MiscFilter/MiscFilters/MiscFilters.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DeinterlaceFilter/Bwdif/Bwdif.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/LSmashSource/vslsmashsource.dll")
    # Import scripts
    import G41Fun
    import havsfunc
    # source: 'C:\Users\orval\Desktop\Sharpen\Go Fishing.avi'
    # current color space: YUV422P8, bit depth: 8, resolution: 720x576, fps: 25, scanorder: top field first, yuv luminance scale: limited, matrix: 470bg
    # Loading C:\Users\orval\Desktop\Sharpen\Go Fishing.avi using LWLibavSource
    clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="C:/Users/orval/Desktop/Sharpen/Go Fishing.avi", format="YUV422P8", stream_index=0, cache=0, prefer_hw=0)
    frame = clip.get_frame(0)
    # Setting detected color matrix (470bg).
    clip = core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Matrix=5)
    # Setting color transfer (170), if it is not set.
    if '_Transfer' not in frame.props or not frame.props['_Transfer']:
      clip = core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Transfer=6)
    # Setting color primaries info (to 470), if it is not set.
    if '_Primaries' not in frame.props or not frame.props['_Primaries']:
      clip = core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Primaries=5)
    # Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
    clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
    # making sure frame rate is set to 25
    clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
    clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=2) # tff
    # Deinterlacing using QTGMC
    clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Fast", TFF=False) # new fps: 50
    # Making sure content is preceived as frame based
    clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=0) # progressive
    # removing grain using TemporalDegrain2
    clip = G41Fun.TemporalDegrain2(clip=clip, degrainPlane=4, meAlgPar=False, postFFT=0, fftThreads=1)
    clip = havsfunc.LSFmod(input=clip, Spwr=2, SdmpHi=0, Lmode=1, soothe=False, keep=25, edgemaskHQ=True)
    # adjusting output color from: YUV422P8 to YUV420P8 for x264Model
    clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P8, range_s="limited")
    # set output frame rate to 50fps (progressive)
    clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=clip, fpsnum=50, fpsden=1)
    # Output
    clip.set_output()
    seems fine. but Vapoursynth processing fails.
    Code:
    # Imports
    import vapoursynth as vs
    # getting Vapoursynth core
    import ctypes
    import sys
    import os
    core = vs.core
    # Import scripts folder
    scriptPath = 'F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsscripts'
    sys.path.insert(0, os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
    # Loading Support Files
    Dllref = ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libfftw3f-3.dll")
    # Loading Plugins
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SharpenFilter/CAS/CAS.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/FFT3DFilter/fft3dfilter.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/CTMF/CTMF.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libmvtools_sf_em64t.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/TCanny.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/RemoveGrain/RemoveGrainVS.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/AddGrain/AddGrain.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/DFTTest/DFTTest.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/NEO_FFT3DFilter/neo-fft3d.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/EEDI3m_opencl.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ResizeFilter/nnedi3/NNEDI3CL.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libmvtools.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/scenechange.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/fmtconv.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/MiscFilter/MiscFilters/MiscFilters.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DeinterlaceFilter/Bwdif/Bwdif.dll")
    core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/LSmashSource/vslsmashsource.dll")
    # Import scripts
    import G41Fun
    import havsfunc
    # source: 'C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\Go Fishing.avi'
    # current color space: YUV422P8, bit depth: 8, resolution: 720x576, fps: 25, scanorder: top field first, yuv luminance scale: limited, matrix: 470bg
    # Loading C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\Go Fishing.avi using LWLibavSource
    clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="C:/Users/Selur/Desktop/Go Fishing.avi", format="YUV422P8", stream_index=0, cache=0, prefer_hw=0)
    frame = clip.get_frame(0)
    # Setting detected color matrix (470bg).
    clip = core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Matrix=5)
    # Setting color transfer (170), if it is not set.
    if '_Transfer' not in frame.props or not frame.props['_Transfer']:
      clip = core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Transfer=6)
    # Setting color primaries info (to 470), if it is not set.
    if '_Primaries' not in frame.props or not frame.props['_Primaries']:
      clip = core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Primaries=5)
    # Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
    clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
    # making sure frame rate is set to 25
    clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
    clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=2) # tff
    # Deinterlacing using QTGMC
    clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Fast", TFF=False, opencl=True) # new fps: 50
    # Making sure content is preceived as frame based
    clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=0) # progressive
    # removing grain using TemporalDegrain2
    clip = G41Fun.TemporalDegrain2(clip=clip, degrainPlane=4, meAlgPar=False, postFFT=0, fftThreads=16)
    clip = havsfunc.LSFmod(input=clip, Szrp=17, Spwr=2, SdmpHi=0, Lmode=1, soothe=False, keep=25, edgemaskHQ=True)
    # no resizing since resolution is already archived
    # adjusting output color from: YUV422P8 to YUV420P10 for NVEncModel
    clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P10, range_s="limited")
    # set output frame rate to 50fps (progressive)
    clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=clip, fpsnum=50, fpsden=1)
    # Output
    clip.set_output()
    works fine here.

-> Does the Vapoursynth Preview work?
    If you have a system wide Vapoursynth installation, that might cause issue. Some virus scanner might cause issues.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Can't reproduce the problems here. (side note: I would recommend enabling 64bit Avisynth, if you want to use Avisynth)
    Last edited by Selur; 12th Feb 2024 at 13:55.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Sorry, only just back with my computer.

Does the Vapoursynth Preview work?
    It works with TemporalDegrain but when I try to use TemporalDegrain2 it doesnt.
    [Attachment 76993 - Click to enlarge]

(side note: I would recommend enabling 64bit Avisynth, if you want to use Avisynth)
    Ive tried this and avisynth still doesnt work.

Strangely, Avisynth worked and Vapoursynth didnt on the last version of Hybrid that I was using, now its the other way around.

Anyway not to worry, I use Hybrid mainly for QTGMC and TemporalDegain which are both working again for me. Thanks Selur.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Seems like like incompatibility with fft3dfilter.
    Does DeNoise->FFT3DFilter work for you and does it work if you enable 'Neo' in it's settings?
    What CPU are you using? Hybrid uses https://github.com/AmusementClub/VapourSynth-FFT3DFilter which requires AVX2, you can try replacing the fft3dfilter.dll with the one from https://github.com/AmusementClub/VapourSynth-FFT3DFilter/releases/tag/R2.AC3-AVX which also works with CPUs that only support AVX.
    Quote Quote  
  19. FFT3DFilter only works when I select Neo. Without Neo selected, it crashes.

Its not a good pc so that might be the problem. It has an Intel Pentium Silver N6005. Ill read up and see if I should replace fft3dfilter.dll with the other one that youve linked.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Intel Pentium Silver N6005
    supports: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, SMEP, SMAP, EIST, TM1, TM2, Turbo, SST, AES-NI, RDRAND, RDSEED, SHA
    according to: https://www.notebookcheck.com/Intel-Pentium-Silver-N6005-Prozessor-Benchmarks-und-Spec....514830.0.html
    So no AVX or AVX2. Maybe https://github.com/myrsloik/VapourSynth-FFT3DFilter/releases/tag/R2 works,...
    Quote Quote  
  21. Good call Selur, it worked. Both FFT3DFilter and TemporalDegrain2 are working now. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hello

I have several bugs/problems with hybrid.

1: When i use NVENC + RIFE (tried multiple RIFE models) i get always an error, that the video is to small ("is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)"). But before i installed the newer version, it worked with exact that video and settings. It is (at least) since 21.02.2024 version (i think it was 21 february, but now im on 24 february and it still does not work, was very busy, could not report and thought i do sth wrong).

It works, when i only use NVENC encoding without RIFE. debug (_1) is uploaded.

2: When i use x265 as encoder, it does crash too. It does work too, if i do not use RIFE and only encode. But the error is another: "The type of file ....could not be recognized. "

debug (_2) is uploaded

3. When i use SVT-AV1 i get no crash (as on the other 2 cases). But it just nothing happens. It get stuck on "03_video" if you look on "jobs" in hybrid. Hardware (CPU and GPU) basically 0% usage. But same: When i use only SVT-AV1 without RIFE, i can encode with 21FPS. So the interpolation should not get slowed down from CPU-encoding (and even if, why CPU usage is 0% then?).

But im not sure, if this is a bug, because it occured no crash. But the debug (_3) is uploaded

But Important: It does work with another video file (not 4k video). But it does not work (anymore) with this videofile i used right now. But again: I did interpolate exactly this file before with hybrid and it worked. It does also not work with another 4k HDR file (with same errors). Not sure, if this has any relevance.

4: This is not really a bug i guess, but always when i try to encode (without rife, only encode) 4k hdr files, i do "loose" the hdr. I already tried "HDR signaling" and "Master Display" with "from input" but it did not work. When i encode with fastflix, i do not loose HDR. Sth must go wrong, but i do not know, what i (or hybrid) do wrong.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  23. About the RIFE problems:
    From the looks of it the problem is that Vapoursynt doesn't work since "2020cl" instead of "2020ncl" is used.
    => I'll look into it.
    (happens since release build changes order of map keys, which the debug build does no -> will fix, this evening and then send you link for testing)

This is not really a bug i guess, but always when i try to encode (without rife, only encode) 4k hdr files, i do "loose" the hdr.
    Looking at your encoding settings:
    Code:
    SvtAv1EncApp --input stdin --width 3840 --height 2160 --fps-num 60 --fps-denom 1 --input-depth 10 --profile 0 --tile-rows 0 --tile-columns 0 --progress 2 --rc 0 --crf 35 --mbr 0 --aq-mode 2 --preset 10 --tune 1 --matrix-coefficients 9 --color-range 0 --output "C:\Users\Gaming-Tower\AppData\Local\Temp\2024-02-29@03_23_53_4010_04.av1"
    HDR signaling isn't enabled. Also if your source isn't HDR-10 you can't signal the HDR data in SVT-AV1.

Cu Selur
    Last edited by Selur; 28th Feb 2024 at 22:49.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    This is not really a bug i guess, but always when i try to encode (without rife, only encode) 4k hdr files, i do "loose" the hdr.
    Looking at your encoding settings:
    Code:
    SvtAv1EncApp --input stdin --width 3840 --height 2160 --fps-num 60 --fps-denom 1 --input-depth 10 --profile 0 --tile-rows 0 --tile-columns 0 --progress 2 --rc 0 --crf 35 --mbr 0 --aq-mode 2 --preset 10 --tune 1 --matrix-coefficients 9 --color-range 0 --output "C:\Users\Gaming-Tower\AppData\Local\Temp\2024-02-29@03_23_53_4010_04.av1"
    HDR signaling isn't enabled. Also if your source isn't HDR-10 you can't signal the HDR data in SVT-AV1.

Cu Selur
    The RIFE Problem is solved, thanks. Works now.

But about the HDR: When i use x265 with these settings: "x265 --input - --fps 60/1 --output-depth 10 --y4m --profile main10 --limit-modes --no-open-gop --opt-ref-list-length-pps --lookahead-slices 0 --pass 1 --no-slow-firstpass --bitrate 5000 --opt-qp-pps --cbqpoffs -2 --crqpoffs -2 --qpfile GENERATED_QP_FILE --limit-refs 0 --ssim-rd --psy-rd 2.50 --rdoq-level 2 --psy-rdoq 10.00 --aq-mode 0 --deblock=-1:-1 --limit-sao --range limited --colormatrix bt2020nc --master-display "G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP(15635, 16450)L(10000000,1)" --hdr10 --sar 1:1 --stats "C:\Users\Gaming-Tower\AppData\Local\Temp\König-Der-Löwen_25sec_new_generated.stats" --multi-pass-opt-analysis --multi-pass-opt-distortion --analysis-reuse-file "C:\Users\Gaming-Tower\AppData\Local\Temp\König-Der-Löwen_25sec_new_generated.analysis" --output NUL"

It does make the HDR away. Media info says to the file "HDR Format: SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 Compatible". After the encoding this line is not there anymore with these settings.

Same is when i use NVENC with these settings:

"NVEnc --y4m -i - --fps 60.000 --codec h265 --profile main10 --level auto --tier high --sar 1:1 --lookahead 16 --output-depth 10 --multipass "2pass-full" --vbr 5000 --max-bitrate 800000 --gop-len 0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --bref-mode auto --no-b-adapt --mv-precision Q-pel --preset default --colorrange limited --colormatrix bt2020nc --master-display G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP(15635,1 6450)L(10000000,1) --cuda-schedule sync --keyfile GENERATED_KEY_FILE --output "C:\Users\Gaming-Tower\AppData\Local\Temp\König-Der-Löwen_25sec_new.265"
    "

Do you see, what i do wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Code:
     "x265 --input - --fps 60/1 --output-depth 10 --y4m --profile main10 --limit-modes --no-open-gop --opt-ref-list-length-pps --lookahead-slices 0 --pass 1 --no-slow-firstpass --bitrate 5000 --opt-qp-pps --cbqpoffs -2 --crqpoffs -2 --qpfile GENERATED_QP_FILE --limit-refs 0 --ssim-rd --psy-rd 2.50 --rdoq-level 2 --psy-rdoq 10.00 --aq-mode 0 --deblock=-1:-1 --limit-sao --range limited --colormatrix bt2020nc --master-display "G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP(15635, 16450)L(10000000,1)" --hdr10 --sar 1:1 --stats "C:\Users\Gaming-Tower\AppData\Local\Temp\König-Der-Löwen_25sec_new_generated.stats" --multi-pass-opt-analysis --multi-pass-opt-distortion --analysis-reuse-file "C:\Users\Gaming-Tower\AppData\Local\Temp\König-Der-Löwen_25sec_new_generated.analysis" --output NUL"
    that doesn't create an output file.

NVEnc --y4m -i - --fps 60.000 --codec h265 --profile main10 --level auto --tier high --sar 1:1 --lookahead 16 --output-depth 10 --multipass "2pass-full" --vbr 5000 --max-bitrate 800000 --gop-len 0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --bref-mode auto --no-b-adapt --mv-precision Q-pel --preset default --colorrange limited --colormatrix bt2020nc --master-display G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP(15635,1 6450)L(10000000,1) --cuda-schedule sync --keyfile GENERATED_KEY_FILE --output "C:\Users\Gaming-Tower\AppData\Local\Temp\König-Der-Löwen_25sec_new.265"
    "
    looks fine to me (https://github.com/rigaya/NVEnc/blob/master/NVEncC_Options.en.md#--master-display-stri...-copy-hevc-av1)

If you can share a short sample of your source I can try to reproduce the problem here.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  26. https://uploadnow.io/f/qLfQhpN

10sec file

And yes, it might be possible, that the settings above does not create an outputfile. Hybrid-installation is new (i have to set outputpath all the time). But i tried it with these settings. before I just did set the settings and copied out, so that's why the output is missing. But i tried both version i have postet.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Got the file will try to reproduce the problem later and report back.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  28. Ok, thank you.

I have some update information:

Mediainfo says on the original, that it is HDR10 compatible. I saw now, that mediainfo detects HDR on the reencode, but it is not HDR10 compatible (i uploaded 2 picture for proof).

So i did not read correctly, sorry. But doesn't change the problem. It looks like hdr is gone away or so. Did upload 2 screenshots to, that you can see. I tested it with VLC, MPC-HC and MPC-BE. Always the same.

The Screenshots are in 1080p for filesize uploadlimits.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mediainfo_original_hdr.png
Views:	7
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	77341  

Click image for larger version

Name:	mediainfo_reencode_hdr.png
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	77342  

Name:	original_hdr_screenshot_small.png
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	77343  

Name:	reencode_hdr_screenshot_small.png
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	77344  

Quote Quote  
  29. For the input I see:
    Code:
    Video
    ID                                       : 1
    Format                                   : HEVC
    Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile                           : Main 10@L5.1@High
    HDR format                               : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
    Codec ID                                 : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
    Duration                                 : 20 s 187 ms
    Width                                    : 3 840 pixels
    Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
    Frame rate mode                          : Constant
    Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space                              : YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
    Bit depth                                : 10 bits
    Writing library                          : ATEME Titan File 3.9.0 (4.9.0.0)
    Default                                  : No
    Forced                                   : No
    Color range                              : Limited
    Color primaries                          : BT.2020
    Transfer characteristics                 : PQ
    Matrix coefficients                      : BT.2020 non-constant
    Mastering display color primaries        : Display P3
    Mastering display luminance              : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd
    Using:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -y -loglevel fatal -noautorotate -nostdin -threads 8 -i "C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\Konig-Der-Lowen_10sec_edit.mkv" -map 0:0 -an -sn -color_primaries bt2020 -color_trc smpte2084 -colorspace bt2020c -color_range tv  -pix_fmt yuv420p10le -strict -1 -vsync 0 -f yuv4mpegpipe - | NVEnc --y4m -i - --fps 23.976 --codec h265 --profile main --level auto --tier high --sar 1:1 --lookahead 16 --output-depth 10 --vbr 0 --vbr-quality 23.00 --aq --aq-strength 5 --aq-temporal --gop-len 0 --ref 7 --multiref-l0 3 --multiref-l1 3 --bframes 3 --bref-mode auto --mv-precision Q-pel --preset quality --colorrange limited --colorprim bt2020 --transfer smpte2084 --colormatrix bt2020nc --max-cll ,1000 --master-display G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP(15635,16450)L(10000000,1) --cuda-schedule sync --output "J:\tmp\Konig-Der-Lowen_10sec_edit_new_1_2024-02-29@15_54_39_0210_01.265"
    I get:
    Code:
    Video
    ID                                       : 1
    Format                                   : HEVC
    Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile                           : Main 10@L6@High
    HDR format                               : SMPTE ST 2086
    Codec ID                                 : hvc1
    Codec ID/Info                            : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Duration                                 : 20 s 187 ms
    Bit rate                                 : 14.3 Mb/s
    Maximum bit rate                         : 22.3 Mb/s
    Width                                    : 3 840 pixels
    Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
    Frame rate mode                          : Constant
    Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space                              : YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                                : 10 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.072
    Stream size                              : 34.4 MiB (100%)
    Encoded date                             : 2024-02-29 14:50:22 UTC
    Tagged date                              : 2024-02-29 14:50:23 UTC
    Color range                              : Limited
    Matrix coefficients                      : BT.2020 non-constant
    Mastering display color primaries        : Display P3
    Mastering display luminance              : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
    mdhd_Duration                            : 20270
    Codec configuration box                  : hvcC
    Strange thing is the 'Transfer characteristics' is missing!
    Hybrid does tell NVEncC to set it using:
    Code:
     --transfer smpte2084
    Okay, according to https://github.com/rigaya/NVEnc/blob/master/NVEncC_Options.en.md#--transfer-string
    this should work.
    => I filed an issue entry with the NVEncC developer. Doesn't look like a bug in Hybrid to me.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  30. Hmm ok. yeah let's see, thank you.

Could you reproduce the looking on your end? So does it also look like on my screenshots, if you reencode?

It is btw. also on other sources from (for example) a natural documentary in 4k hdr. Same behavior.
    Quote Quote