VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 75
FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2231
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Did you try the dev version I send you via PM?

Cu Selur
    Didn't see the notification until I saw your post. Just tried it with the same file I used before and the 24bit audio stream came through properly. I will continue with my encodes, I'll let you know if the problem resurfaces.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Happy that worked so far.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. I use the option "create qp file for chapters" to place keyframes at where I want to cut a video. This is usually exact, the keyframe is right where I wanted it. But, occasionally, there are two anomalies.

First, the keyframe is one frame after the point I set. There was no mistake in the time I set in the source, I checked. I've seen this in sequences where the keyframe is in the middle of a blank sequence, as well as where there's content on both sides of the keyframe.

Second, there is a keyframe where I wanted it, but the frame after it is also a keyframe. At first, I thought it was because the minimum keyframe was set to 1. But this issue still appears after I changed the keymin to a larger number.

I can work around these two anomalies by encoding a chapter specifically, but this is not always an option.

These anomalies are very consistent. The same chapter time, in the same source video will always result in the same anomaly, even in several versions of Hybrid. So I can test this easily if you've got a fix.
    Quote Quote  
  4. [qutoe]First, the keyframe is one frame after the point I set[/Quote]
    Hard to tell which frame is placed by the encoder due to some rate control and which is placed due to the chapter/frametype file of Hybrid.
    Enlarging the lookaheads or using 2pass encoding might help.

I don't thing Hybrid is here to blame.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    I don't thing Hybrid is here to blame.
    But Hybrid is the encoder I'm using. So if you can help, I'd appriciate it.

By "lookaheads" do you mean the "Frame Lookahead" settings? Mine is currently 70/6/0, they're either default or I copied them from a source, I have no idea what the numbers mean. What do you suggest changing them to?
    Quote Quote  
  6. But Hybrid is the encoder I'm using.
    Hybrid isn't an encoder it's a graphical frontend for multiple encoders and you didn't care about mentioning what encoder you are using,....
    Hybrid is aimed as advanced users so it assumes quite a bit of knowledge or motivation to look stuff up from it's users.

or I copied them from a source
    That usually is not a good idea when reencoding for 90% of all settings since the source of the original encode and the source you feed the encoder normally differs quite a bit. (assuming you use lossy encoding)

I have no idea what the numbers mean.
    Then you should read up on them in the documentation of the encoder (https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/latest/) and you should also know at least some basics about the format you are encoding to.

By "lookaheads" do you mean the "Frame Lookahead" settings?
    Assuming you are using x265 then those are the lookaheads for the different frame type I/P/B.
    And yes those are the setting I were referring to.

What do you suggest changing them to?
    For the I frame lookahead the gop size as a value might help.

You might have better luck asking of general help with x265 settings here in the forum than specifically in this thread.

Some further thoughts about your 'problems':
    First, the keyframe is one frame after the point I set
    Since a frame is usually shown a bunch of ms and Hybrid will most likely have to round to decide which frame your time stamp refers to, you might want to take that into consideration when deciding on the times you use.

Second, there is a keyframe where I wanted it, but the frame after it is also a keyframe.
    Where is the problem with that? At least from Hybrids point of view everything worked as it was asked for. You told it to tell the encoder to create a key frame at position X, it told the encoder to do so and it even decided to follow that instruction. That the encoder later also decided to create a key frame for the next frame too isn't really a problem is it. My guess is that making sure the min gop size > X should force the encoder to avoid this unless it is forced to use a key frame to abide vbv restrictions.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Assuming you are using x265 then those are the lookaheads for the different frame type I/P/B.

For the I frame lookahead the gop size as a value might help.
    Yes, I am using x265. gop size would be referring to the keymax value, right?

Since a frame is usually shown a bunch of ms and Hybrid will most likely have to round to decide which frame your time stamp refers to, you might want to take that into consideration when deciding on the times you use.
    I'll experiment a bit. To clarify, I use Aegisub to get the time of a frame. Its media player can step through a video frame-by-frame and it shows the time to the milisecond. I put that number as the chapter point.

Where is the problem with that?
    Occasionally, I want to cut a video. If there are two adjacent keyframes, mkvmerge sometimes (not always) cuts at the wrong one. I got adjacent frames in my latest project, but the cut was at the correct frame, thankfully.

My guess is that making sure the min gop size > X should force the encoder to avoid this unless it is forced to use a key frame to abide vbv restrictions.
    I tried that already. The keymin was set at 1 in the settings I initially used. Nowadays, it's 6, and I still see adjacent keyframes.
    Quote Quote  
  8. gop size would be referring to the keymax value, right?
    Assumign you used closed gops: yes.
    To clarify, I use Aegisub to get the time of a frame. Its media player can step through a video frame-by-frame and it shows the time to the milisecond. I put that number as the chapter point.
    You best would be using the decoder that is used during your conversion, depending on the decoder used times can easily be off by 1-2 frames.
    Occasionally, I want to cut a video. If there are two adjacent keyframes, mkvmerge sometimes (not always) cuts at the wrong on
    Then you might want to look into how you use mkvmerge.
    The keymin was set at 1 in the settings I initially used. Nowadays, it's 6, and I still see adjacent keyframes.
    then the encoder is probably forced to act that way due to vbv constrains or 1pass rate control.
    You would have probably to ask the x265 dev why this exactly happens in a given example.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Assumign you used closed gops: yes.
    I do. I'll give it a try and see if that does anything.
    You best would be using the decoder that is used during your conversion, depending on the decoder used times can easily be off by 1-2 frames.
    I didn't set a preferred decoder for Hybrid when encoding. What would it use in that case, and how would I be able to check the video time using it?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm looking for some help in working with mpls playlists because I am doing something wrong. There's a video I want to encode that's in two pieces. It's a BD raw so I thought to put the mpls that combined them into the input and see how it came out. Since it would be a lengthy encode, I thought I'd test by encoding a short mpls (of 4 seconds) first.
    At first, Hybrid rejected the input and suggested I clear the "Ignore playlists with..." options, which I did. Then, rather than just the 4-second video that played when I opened that mpls with MPC-HC, Hybrid proceeded to encode the whole video on the disk, a 90-plus minute item. Since that wasn't what I wanted, I aborted the process.
    So, I would like to ask, what's the right way to use an mpls playlist as input in Hybrid?
    Still, I saw that Hybrid combined the audio from the various video segments properly. If I can figure how to get just the segments I want, this will do.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hybrid should read all the m2ts files that are refereed to in an mpls if the mpls if read as input.
    No clue why (or how) Hybrid would read more m2ts files than those listed.
    If the segment is a 4 second file simply opening the m2ts file might work.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    If the segment is a 4 second file simply opening the m2ts file might work.
    Cu Selur
    Yes, but I wanted to test using mpls as input.

Anyway, I figured out an even easier way to test, I just used the passthrough option for the video. This lets me see what Hybrid considers to be the input. And the result is strange. I've tried 3 different mpls from this disc and Hybrid only compiled the "default" mpls of the disc, which wasn't one of the three I used, in every case. In one case, the mpls had totally different chapter times from the default (because it was a different video) but the resulting video (once again, the default) had the chapters from the selected mpls, which was totally wrong.
    I'm going to try with some other discs I have later and see what happens. In the meantime, I might be able to work with this. I have the joined audio streams of the two segments I wanted. I have to make sure there are no timing discrepancies, but I can encode the videos seperately and combine them afterwards.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm looking at the mkv that was produced by using the mpls as input from yesterday, and I've got results I don't understand. My impression is the "passthrough" option does no encoding, correct? And keyframes are created during encoding, correct? Therefore, passthough video should not change the keyframes on a video, correct?
    But this mkv has fewer keyframes than the source it came from, I compared it to the source. The distribution of keyframes look more like that of an encoded video than a BD source. Can passthrough drop keyframes without reencoding?

Update: It's got something to do with using mpls as input. I joined the segments using mkvmerge and then used passthrough on the result, the two videos had the same set of keyframes.
    Last edited by Compositor; 24th May 2020 at 00:49.
    Quote Quote  
  14. My impression is the "passthrough" option does no encoding, correct?
    Correct, otherwise it would take a lot longer processing the streams.

And keyframes are created during encoding, correct?
    yes

Can passthrough drop keyframes without reencoding?
    No, dropping key frames would break the stream since the reference of all other frames would be missing.

-> Are you sure the tool you use to check the key frames differs between I- and IDR- frames?

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    -> Are you sure the tool you use to check the key frames differs between I- and IDR- frames?

Cu Selur
    Considering the tool I used is Aegisub, I doubt it can. But it's as I said, the keyframes are there in the source when I look at the video in Aegisub. When I look at the passthrough created video in Aegsiub as well, many of the keyframes are no longer there. They've become non-keyframes. Even if Aegisub didn't consider one of those types of frames to be keyframes, the passthrough process would have needed to change something about those frames so that Aegisub would no longer recognize them as keyframes, right?
    Quote Quote  
  16. May be something in the container changed, no clue. I do not see a way how Hybrid could change the key frame info.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Maybe it has something to do with how mpls presents the video segments to other applications.

Considering the weird results, I'm putting aside working with mpls for now. I'll just stick to joining the m2ts with mkvmerge and deal with any discrepancies.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Selur,
    I returned here to videohelp just asking you for help with Hybrid. I convert in it TV recordings, so somehow there are glitches sometimes and when it happen there is AV sync shift then. Not in players nor in other software i am using. But i always prefer HYBRID.
    My workflow is. Recording on USB, renaming tsv to ts, multiplexing in Mkvtoolnix, lossless cut in AD, and then encoding in HYBRID. I can notice there is glitch when channel i am recording contain EAC3 track. Mkvtoolnix reports that "glitch" on this track and i therefore know i cant use hybrid because this glitch. Just not all channels do so. So i have not any errors even if there is some.
    Problem cant be in audio, more likely in video, because passtrough audio making audioshift as well. There is too much switches and i believe some solve this. Just tried for long time changing all settings that could be related to this, but not sucess. Now i reset my settings.
    Can you help me? Playing in player before encoding there is no any AV shift, so difficult to find, not in AD. So only way is to encode and see. Or watch full TV thing without blink of an eye.
    I know in bluray or dvd there such glitch doesn't exist, but i know you know what is needed to switch.

Thank you very much Selur, i wouldn't bother ask if i don't love Hybrid.

See you Bernix
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    here is heavily cropped, original reenc in AD and reenc in Hybrid. Glitch is small shift isn't so apparent but even over compresed i think its noticeable. Yes quality is very poor to size be small, and cropped to such dimensions for some reason.
    Not sure attachement is included. Will try again if not.

[Attachment 54770 - Click to enlarge]

Thank you
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  20. I don't think there's a way to handle those kind of glitches in Hybrid due to the nature of how Hybrid works.
    Hybrid processes audio&video separately so the video/audio encoder and decoder do not know about glitches inside the other so it can't somehow rely on the other.
    Tools based on ffmpeg or handbrake should be able to handle those, but Hybrid can't.
    This is a known limitation of the way Hybrid works and it's not going to change.
    -> Sorry, but those kind of broken files are something Hybrid can't handle. Hybrid really is designed for intact sources without glitches.

Cu Selur

Ps.: tsDoctor and similar tools are meant to fix such problems, so it might help to use one of those cut&repair tools.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Selur!
    I am using avidemux for this. There isnt some way to spot this glitch and notify user? Supposing not. Broken frame is still frame. Also would expect once got encoded this in different software, like you mentione HB or what i mentioned make it possible to reencode in HYBRID properly lately. I mean nearly lossless reencoding in other software and then reencode it in Hybrid should work, but weird it doesnt. Yes I am noob. Just dont know why it still result in same issue.
    Also thank you for suggestion but doubt some free alternative of tsdoctor. For sure going to check for it. Will also try Tsmuxer if hybrid can handle file produced with TSmuxer.

Thank you and see you!!!
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  22. Did you really reencode Audio&Video, encoding both and reencoding with Hybrid should work.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    O.K. will try true is in avidemux i dont bother to downgrade audio, but supposing i did try it. So basicaly copy video stream and reencode audio cant it be enough?
    I think i tried it, but your notice makes me very unsure now.
    Will try and report back.

Once again thank you very much
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  24. Haven't investigated the source that much to tell whether audio or video or audio&video have problems, so I reencode both to something lossless and try that.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Probably reset of settings helps, dont know, but it seems reencoding audio is enough now, so i will do it got source with say 126-128kbps AAC will reencode with say AAC 192kbps not lost much and once in mass encoding all o.k. i will confirm it.
    So if video can be in passthrought/copy mode in avidemux and it work in hybrid all my problems are solved. Hybrid is great, so great sometimes ppl get lost in all godzillion posibilities.

For sure i try fully reencoded, just didnt reencoded audio most probably.

Just one another question. I am doing speed change, our TV is 50fps, but sometimes 50 unique sometimes 25 duplicated, so i am using speed change to 25 there, but once vapoursynth is used, it assume 50fps and speedchange make it somehow slowmo and duplicated frames still, making fps in mkvtoolnix help, just i cant get rid of duplicated frames. Yes no much problem just i dont like duplicates, yes should be for free, just not sure how then number of reference frames is working when duplicates. + all problems around.
    That vapoursynth sometimes fires up even no any filter i got choosen. Probably something in mediainfo, but my sources are very similar, so realy dont know. Something related to that smash thing i think i saw it in vapoursynth script.

So great day! Thank you very much!
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  26. Sorry, but not enough details in that regard.
    In general I would recommend to either use Vapoursynth or FFmpeg filters.
    If you want to go from 50fps to 25fps I would recommend to use sRestore.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    O.k. point is i am not using any filters and vapoursynth script is created, so when realy old thing, noisy i prefer use noxSynth to avoid this. O.k. next time when no filters and it will make script, if you want i can post it. Probably reset of all settings helps. Will no more spam here, all problems solved.

Thank you and good night!
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  28. Depending on the source Hybrid might thing Vapoursynth is needed, a debug output should show why the script is created.
    To be sure Vapoursynth isn't used you can always set: "Filtering->Support" to "No XSynth".

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi just me again.
    Probably not on latest version but profile very fast is somehow preset faster with some other setting. It is intentional?
    Also lived in impression i can modify that line but i cant. Any way to set --threads 4? for example. In that case any way to limit cores for x265 or any other codec? I am lost in all those possibilities . I know there is way to limit it for mencoder ffmpeg.
    Also i got source 16/9 which is exactly 4/3. Full HD and borders are L240 R240 and must changing settings in crop misc to lower. Shouldn't be 16/9 to 4/3 ratio somehow been included because very common? Yes i changed it in crop misc tab, just others can find that useless, when not find way to misc tab and what settings there.
    Also some scripts doesn't work, like some dehalo alpha in some configuration. Would you want report those which are not working? Not using it often. Vapoursynth and so, but if found some such if you wish to report it.

Also weird thing. Got source with stereo audio. Hybrid told me, that for HEv2 AAC it need stereo source. Still in any file and i know it used to work. What helped, it started work after 4th time restart of Hybrid, then it work o.k.

EDIT - That re-encoding audio only in workflow isn't universal solution, worked in one case doesn't work in another.

Thank you Selur and see you Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 9th Sep 2020 at 11:04. Reason: Added info about just re-encoding audio when glitch doesn't always work
    Quote Quote  
  30. Probably not on latest version but profile very fast is somehow preset faster with some other setting. It is intentional?
    Nope, that was an old bug in the "command line minimizing"-function in Hybrid.
    Also lived in impression i can modify that line but i cant. Any way to set --threads 4?
    "x264->Base->General Settings->Threads" changes the value so setting it to 4 should work,... (does here)

In that case any way to limit cores for x265 or any other codec?
    x265s threading control is way more complicated (x265->Misc->Threading)
    best read up in their documentation about it: https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/latest/threading.htm

There is no global way to limit all encoders to use x-threads at most.

Also i got source 16/9 which is exactly 4/3. Full HD and borders are L240 R240 and must changing settings in crop misc to lower. Shouldn't be 16/9 to 4/3 ratio somehow been included because very common?
    No it's not really common that the black borders have the same size for letterboxed 16:9 content. (don't personally care about DAR, I only look at the PAR)

Yes i changed it in crop misc tab, just others can find that useless, when not find way to misc tab and what settings there.
    No clue what you changed and why you changed it. Doesn't normal autocrop work with your sources?

Also some scripts doesn't work, like some dehalo alpha in some configuration. Would you want report those which are not working? Not using it often. Vapoursynth and so, but if found some such if you wish to report it.
    Yes, I would prefer that if you find a bug you report it properly, so I can fix it.
    Assuming the bug happens with the latest release of Hybrid.
    If you run into a bug with an old version. -> keep it, I don't care.

Got source with stereo audio. Hybrid told me, that for HEv2 AAC it need stereo source.
    I never had the problem that Hybrid complains that a stereo source needs to be adjusted to be encoded to He-AACv2.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote