VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 75
FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 2235
Thread
  1. What entries can you find in your registry?
    You can use regedit to search the registry.
    Under
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video
    each of your graphic adapters should have an 'Device Description entry'

for me there are:
    1. Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    What entries can you find in your registry?
    You can use regedit to search the registry.
    Under
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video
    each of your graphic adapters should have an 'Device Description entry'

for me there are:
    1. Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

Cu Selur
    Hi Selur

I have exported the mentioned key from my registry and uploaded here. Can you take time and have look?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap8.png
Views:	156
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	35226
    Thanks
    JH
    Last edited by branchus; 15th Jan 2016 at 15:32.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Card is reported as 'NVIDIA Quadro K2200', will add it to the list of compatible cards and send you a link to a test build once I'm finished with the building.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Card is reported as 'NVIDIA Quadro K2200', will add it to the list of compatible cards and send you a link to a test build once I'm finished with the building.

Cu Selur
    Thank you very much Selur
    Quote Quote  
  5. Selur,

I work extensively with other encoding suites and GUIs, and I must admit, there was a time when I thought the learning curve was a bit to steep to consistently configure Hybrid in a manner that gives good results.

Then I took the time to learn how Hybrid works.

For a long while my biggest frustration was getting Hybrid to recognize my Nvenc. No matter what I tried, Nvenc would not appear among Hybrid's tools.

Then I read your explanation of how Hybrid "looks" for qualified cards, and I finally discovered the problem.

I have an "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760", a card that most assuredly provides NVENC functionality. My card, however, was an OEM version contained in an ASUS system. That particular flavor contains a 192-bit memory bandwith interface instead of the retail version's 256, and my card has 3G of memory as opposed to the retail version's 2Gs (which does me little good, by the way, although it was a great marketing gimmick).

Otherwise, however, the cards are identical.

The bottom line was, my card was identified in the registry as follows:

"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit)"

I strongly suspected that the little (192-bit) qualification was the source of my problem. So, after backing up my registry, I found and replaced each instance of the above data value with:

"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760"

and, voila, Hybrid finally acknowledged my card. The results have been very good, particularly as the Nvenc interface has matured.

Would you please consider adding my quirky card name to the list, as every driver update puts the (192-bit) tag back in the registry?

Thanks so much. I have a touch of OCD on these issues, and I can only imagine the range of questions that must present themselves to a person who is trying to compile the great work of others into something that has usefulness for the unwashed and unenlightened (without treating them like cattle).

I say that last part because Hybrid has essentially taught me command line encoding, and that knowledge alone has opened up a whole new world.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Would you please consider adding my quirky card name to the list, as every driver update puts the (192-bit) tag back in the registry?
    Can do, if you tell me what OS you use I can compile a test version which should accept that name.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks so much:

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional with Media Center (x64) Build 9600

Intel Core i7-4770
    Haswell-DT/Socket H3 (LG1150)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit) <<<< this is how the card is always identified in the registry until I remove "(192-bit)"
    GK104 (NVIDIA designation)
    ASUS GTX760 (ASUS branding)

Intel Haswell-DT GT2 - Integrated Graphics Controller [AsusTek]
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 <<<< registry designation

By using a faux dual monitor profile, I can take advantage of both my primary card's Nvenc and CUDA functionality, in addition to the Quicksync functions of the dedicated Intel qraphics, depending upon my needs and preferences. I thought that might be why Hybrid would not recognize the NVIDIA card, but it was simply a matter of removing the (192-bit) tag from the registry designation. Hybrid works well with anything I choose once the NVIDIA card is recognized.

One of the joys of a "consumer" system purchase is that a major manufacturer like ASUS uses one of its highest quality motherboards with Intel chipsets and such, yet rebrands everything ASUS so that the component manufacturers shrug their shoulders at support time. ASUS won't even support its own motherboard beyond the dumbed down BIOS and drivers it provided at the time of purchase, presumably because breaking my system to prevent consumer utilization of all its hardware features was a condition of purchase.

I shall send beer money in your honor!
    Last edited by redeemed626; 18th Jan 2016 at 15:20.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Selur, after using Picture Crop + Letterbox to Resize the resolution, I get a result with an overall picture glow of rather dark films when playback.
    I tried to fix via tabmenu Filtering, but there are so many menus that make me confused to choose such as Avisynth, Filtering, and Post-processing where all contain lots of menu controls.
    What should I do to normalize as the initial glow of bright video..?
    Last edited by Leo99; 21st Jan 2016 at 02:17.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  9. I don't even know what you mean when you write " an overall picture glow of rather dark films when playback" sounds a bit like the wrong color matrix was chosen,...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Sorry for my bad English...
    I mean the video images rather dark compared to the overall picture at the beginning was bright (I did not touch any color matrix).
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  11. Not totally sure I get what the problem is, but it sounds a bit like:
    a. AutoAdjust
    or
    b. HDR AGC
    might help
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    I will try it.. will report later, thanks.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Not totally sure I get what the problem is, but it sounds a bit like:
    a. AutoAdjust
    or
    b. HDR AGC
    might help
    No, no.. it doesn't help. But.. due to the same width I disable Letterbox, finally the image remains bright as the original.

A feedback for you: "Cut Support" does not work, I think maybe you forgot to activate it.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  14. A feedback for you: "Cut Support" does not work, I think maybe you forgot to activate it.
    No way to reproduce it that way, but not really important since Cut Support is still experimental so not worth the time to investigate without a detailed way to reproduce the problem
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Selur, I'm having trouble installing the latest rev 2016.07.16.1 - I got two problems like this:

1. The procedure entry point strtok_s could not be located in the dynamick link library msvcrt.dll
    2. GetTool Versions got an empty output ffmpeg
    The cause might be that ffmpeg could not be found,...
    Please redo this with debug output enabled and tell the author.

How to fix this..?
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  16. What OS are you on? Sounds a bit like the ffmpeg version isn't compatible with the OS.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    I'll go back using the old version 2016.4.10.1, because not compatible with my XP 32-bit.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  18. You can simply copy the ffmpeg/mencoder/mplayer binaries from that release into the folder of the new version.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    OK Selur, I will look in the next month update, thank you.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    FYI:
    I successful running the latest version by changing the 3 binaries: ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer.
    But there was a little "incorrectly written" in subtitle section, like this:

I import a SUP subs, then under the "subtitle stream to tag" :
    Code:
    I fill in:                     Result in MediaInfo:
    Title   : English subs         Title   : IDX@GPAC0.6.2-DEV-rev667-g5eb5e94-ab-suite
    Language: English (eng - en)   Language: German ??
    Just incorrect for blu-ray SUP only, the other subs are good!
    Hoping this can be fixed in the next update.. appreciated thanks in advance.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  21. I tried to reproduce the problem by:
    • start Hybrid
    • load a blu-ray
    • extract and add a subtitle stream
    • set "subtitle stream to tag" (subtitle entry looks like this:§ Subtitle;English subs;en;H:\Output\00002.track_4608_lang_en.9d0cd67 57cd03539821ae75395da66c4.sup:*,*:false:*,*:UTF-8:*,*:false:*,*:false:*,*:H:\bd_samples\Test1\BDMV \PLAYLIST\00002.mpls:*,*:false:*,*::*,*::*,*:false :*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*: :*,*::*,*:false:*,*:auto:*,*:1
    • setting an output file
    • creating a job
    resulting muxing job looks like this:
    Code:
    MP4Box -par 1=1:1 -add "H:\Temp\16_28_52_2210_03.264"#video:fps=23.976 -brand avc1 -chap "H:\Temp\16_28_52_2210__05.chp" -add "H:\Output\00002.track_4608_lang_en.9d0cd6757cd03539821ae75395da66c4.idx":lang="en" -itags tool="Hybrid 2016.08.10.1" -tmp "H:\Temp" -new "H:\Output\16_28_52_2210__06.mp4"
    which includes:
    Code:
    lang="en"
    for the subtitle stream,..
    -> without a debug output of more details in what you do I can't reproduce this or it is a bug in mediainfo

Ahhh,... I think I have an idea what might cause the problem, but to be sure I would need a debug output of the job creation from you.
    Last edited by Selur; 12th Aug 2016 at 09:42.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for advice. Unfortunately, I did not make debug.. OK, I will make a debug output next time...
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    I tried to enable "Embed subtitle", I have idx / sub containing colored fonts.
    But when finished encoding, the result of fonts in black & white only.

Any idea how to keep the fonts are the same color as the initial VobSub?
    But if I add the normal import without embeded (softcoded subs), it's worked well with the same color.. why?
    Last edited by Leo99; 20th Oct 2016 at 12:57.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  24. no debug output no clue how the subtitles were embedded,....
    If you used Avisynth use the avisynth preview,..
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    OK Selur, I've sent Debug files to inbox, please see your PM.
    There including DebugOutput, Report, and my Vobsub files.

PS: I don't know how to use Avisynth as you mean.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  26. a. use the latest version (won't look at debug output from old versions)
    b. would be good if the debug output could also include the the preview, since looking at the subtitle queue entry:
    Code:
    D:\Get X-tract FOR TEST\New Folder07\Indonesian subs.idx:*,*:true:*,*:UTF-8:*,*::*,*:false:*,*:D:\Move-to-Test\Sing Street 2016_1080p.BluRay.x264.mkv:*,*:false:*,*::*,*::*,*:false:*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*:1.0:*,*:Accent1:*,*:1:*,*:1:*,*:10:*,*:center bottom:*,*:20:*,*:false:*,*:auto:*,*:1
    there is no color set,... (you did set the color and added the entry to the subtitle queue afterwards right?)
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    No, I did not set anything color in Hybrid. I create subs separately via SubtitleEdit before entering/import into Hybrid.
    Right.. After import into Hybrid, then I enable "Embed subtitle", and added to subtitle-queue afterwards.. is it wrong?
    Last edited by Leo99; 20th Oct 2016 at 17:48.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  28. is it wrong?
    Yes, since in your encoding call mencoder is used:
    Code:
    helperCall: "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\mencoder.exe" -endpos 674 -lavdopts threads=2 -really-quiet -vobsub "D:\GETX-T~1\NEWFOL~3\INDONE~1" -of rawvideo -o - -ovc raw -noskip -vf scale,format=i420,scale=1280:536,expand=1280:720,scale,format=i420 -sws 10 -nosound -mc 0 "D:\MOVE-T~1\SINGST~1.MKV"
    mainCall: "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\x264.exe" --preset superfast --pass 1 --bitrate 1000 --profile high --level 4.1 --direct auto --qcomp 0.5 --aq-mode 0 --sar 1:1 --non-deterministic --range tv --stats "D:\TEMP\Test-11.14mnt_TryEmbedSub_01_29_18_8210_06.stats" --input-csp i420  --fps 24000/1001 --input-res 1280x720 --output NUL -
    and mencoder by default uses some internal pallet. Don't think there is an option to change that. Not even totally sure atm. if one can tell it to use another color, but if it's possible Hybrid should allow it.

If you want to change the color&co best don't use idx/sub.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    Wow..that's a big file than the previous version.. almost 100MB increment?
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  30. That's due to the Vapoursynth extension which contains:
    a. portable Python
    b. portable Vapoursynth
    c. Vapoursynth filters and scripts
    Quote Quote