VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 75
FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2235
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    @sophisticles: have you checked that nvencc supports mixing software and hardware encoding features, because like I understand 'Settings below are available only for software ecoding.' and '--sw use software encoding, instead of QSV (hw)' is that once you use software encoding you can't use hardware encoding. So no mixing of software and hardware encoding features with nvencc.
    Here's what Nvidia's docs say:

http://on-demand.gputechconf.com/gtc/2014/presentations/S4654-detailed-overview-nvenc-...ncoder-api.pdf

"Can work in hybrid mode with ME on CUDA"

http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/nvenc/v4.0/NVENC_AppNote.pdf

"Adaptive Quantization - This is a SW feature that defines which quantization parameters to be used and changed within a row. The regular NVENC rate control is row based. This feature helps in situations where there is a change in textures within a row."

"Figure 1 shows the block diagram of NVENC. Apart from the rate control and picture type decision, NVENC can perform all tasks that are a critical part of the end to end H.264 encoding. The rate control algorithm is implemented in GPU’s firmware and controlled
    via the driver. From the application’s perspective, rate control is a hardware function controlled via the parameters exposed in the NVENC APIs. The hardware also provides capability to use external motion estimation engine and custom quantization parameter
    maps (for ROI “region of interest” encoding). These features, however, are currently not exposed in the software APIs and will be available in future releases of the SDK." <- This doc is from 2014 so I don't know if they have added the capability yet.

I do know that AQ is a software feature and the nvenc plugin for Adobe's products supports AQ as does the nvenc that is included with TMPG Video Mastering Works 6, so it seems that at least 2 implementations are working in a hybrid HW/SW mode.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I should have a blu-ray at home, can check on the weekend.
    (just checked, https://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/2.5/group__lavu__sampfmts.html seems like ffmpeg couldn't be used for the flac encoding, since it only supports 8/16/32 bit as sample format not 24bit. flaccl also doesn't support 24bit, so only the official flac encoder seems to support it)
    @sophisticles: question is a. what does the sdk say? b. what does nvencc support?
    Last edited by Selur; 12th May 2015 at 23:48.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    I should have a blu-ray at home, can check on the weekend.
    (just checked, https://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/2.5/group__lavu__sampfmts.html seems like ffmpeg couldn't be used for the flac encoding, since it only supports 8/16/32 bit as sample format not 24bit. flaccl also doesn't support 24bit, so only the official flac encoder seems to support it)
    @sophisticles: question is a. what does the sdk say? b. what does nvencc support?
    HI!

Can the Hybrid handle the video as a separate video and audio stream during the transformation process, and put them together at the end? For example: an ffmpeg-based video compression and separate flac plugin for audio compresion. Fortunatelly the flac is 100% free. Interestingly, ffmpeg can play the audio files with 24bit audio without problems, despite the fact it can not encode them. It is a very very important task, because the blu-ray disc is a main video format like the DVD disc.

For example: the XMedia Recode software has only 16bit and 24bit options for FLAC audio.

Which encoder is used by the xmedia?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Xmedia.png
Views:	192
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	31657
    Last edited by Trules; 13th May 2015 at 10:07.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Can the Hybrid handle the video as a separate video and audio stream during the transformation process, and put them together at the end?
    Yes
    No, clue probably the standard stand alone encoder or the standard lib.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Can the Hybrid handle the video as a separate video and audio stream during the transformation process, and put them together at the end?
    Yes
    No, clue probably the standard stand alone encoder or the standard lib.
    Do you think that a similar (xmedia like solution) audio codec lib can solve the 24bit flac problems in Hybrid?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Nope, but Hybrid already comes with the normal flac binary (mainly as a fallback)
    -> main thing to do for me is doing some testing
    Quote Quote  
  7. hello guys, I tried to download the new version from videohelp and selur.de, in both cases there is always the error window:

Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include
    incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the
    installer's author to obtain a new copy.

More information at:
    http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error

I followed the procedure for bypass the integrity check with the command /NCRC but there is no solution.

I also tried to download other software that uses the NSIS installer; for example, I tried to install qbittorrent but I still the same error.
    My operating system is Windows 8 64-bit. Thank you in advance for any suggestions or resolutions.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Seems like there is some problem with either:
    a. your internet connection (are you using a proxy? vpn connection? download helper? anonymizer?)
    b. a virus scanner (or similar)
    c. some runtimes
    d. your hdd or memory
    I can download and install the Installer on Windows XP 32bit, Vista 32/64bit, Windows 7 32/64bit, Windows 8.x 64bit, Windows 10 64bit without a problem.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm not using proxy, vpn or download helper, I disabled windows defender and smart screen. My hdd and memory are ok. I also checked the hard drive with the appropriate tools to see if there are malfunctions but everything is ok. I also tried to download the software using Linux with wget but it has the same error when I start the software in Windows 8 64-bit environment. The problem occurs with nsis installer, some software with qbittorent for example have integrity error, but I tried to download software as avidemux using nsis installer presents no problem. A great mystery. Anyway, thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    @mindphasar, It could happen possibly the work of Antivirus in behind. Have you tried to totally disable? − Anyway, No Antivirus during download and install it.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  11. @Leo99 I disabled all antivirus. I tried to install qbittorrent and the process was ok. I still have the same error with Hybrid. I tried to download again the new version from videohelp and selur.de, in both cases there is always the NSIS_Error. Anyway, I will try to use Windows 8.1 with VirtualBox. Thanks for your support
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    @mindphasar, don't forget to remove all cookies and histories of your browser before downloading. Have try...
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Selur, I've sent a small donation on the way to help with the snack pizza.
    Thanks for your time, great effort and helps a lot.. Check your PayPal.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thanks for the donation.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    You're welcome..
    I'm going to install the latest version of Hybrid. For a while I still using XP, maybe next week I want to use Ubuntu.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  16. btw. I will probably release a new version tomorrow (waiting for some feedback from two users regarding some bugs)
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Selur, a feedback for you:
    I just install Hybrid_2015.5.10.1 on XP, but got errors like this:
    Code:
    mkvextract.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point RegGetValueA could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll

Error
    GetTool Versions got an empty output for mkvextract
    The cause might be that mkvextract could not be found,...
    Please redo this with debug output enabled and tell the author.
    Hope that you can fixed in the next version, thanks.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  18. Yes, that was a compilation problem with mkvtoolnix, should be fixed for the next release.
    (replacing the mkv... binaries with binaries from https://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html#windows should fix the problem until then.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by selur View Post
    replacing the mkv... Binaries with binaries from https://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html#windows should fix the problem until then.
    I often use MKVToolNix, but for portable use on standalone folder. Seems I have to find setup.exe to install in C drive.. it should be?
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  20. Why not use the portable version?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    I don't know what the relationship between portable used with the problem to open Hybrid?
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  22. copy the mkvinfo.exe, mkvmerge.exe and mkvextract.exe from your protable version into the Hybrid folder and Hybrid should start-up without a problem.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Great... it's working fine now, thanks
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    I will probably release a new version tomorrow (waiting for some feedback from two users regarding some bugs)
    I think codek X265 8/10bit badly compiled. Slow going on.
    Adding a new codec VP9 10bit to ffmpeg this revelation. Finally, something can be done for free.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    copy the mkvinfo.exe, mkvmerge.exe and mkvextract.exe from your protable version into the Hybrid folder
    The latest Hybrid 2015.06.28.1 just installed and worked fine on XP without need to copy the 3 files mkv.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  26. I think codek X265 8/10bit badly compiled. Slow going on.
    Can you be a bit more specific? (didn't notice any speed drops here)
    Quote Quote  
  27. For me, 2x faster codec comes from http://builds.x265.eu/x265-64bit-16bit-2015-06-29.exe. Reason unknown.
    Don't worry, maybe my old computer so it has. Patience makes perfect.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi guys, I am writing to tell you that my problem was solved, it was not my computer or software that caused me crc errors. My internet provider had big problems on the line, they are readily resolved. Now I can download the software and install without errors. Finally I can enjoy the new versions of software.
    Quote Quote  
  29. @mindphasar: good to here that your problem solved itself.
    @Jamika: what are the command lines you used for your comparisons?
    Quote Quote  
  30. ffmpeg.exe -y -loglevel warning -i "input.mts" -s 1920x1080 -r 50.000 -an -sn -f rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv444p10le - | x265.exe --input-depth 10 --input-csp i444 --input-res 1920x1080 --output-depth 10 --preset slow --fps 50000/1000 --bitrate 3500 --vbv-maxrate 10000 --vbv-bufsize 10000 --colormatrix bt2020nc --colorprim bt2020 --transfer bt2020-10 --keyint 25 --no-open-gop --ref 1 --bframes 0 --aq-mode 1 --aq-strength 2.0 --output "x265_444p10le.h265" -
    Quote Quote