VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 77
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Why you so afraid...instead it's free, right..?
    Doesn't have anything to do with being afraid. Supporting it, is planned. I just didn't have the time to check the encoder (when it's not a part of ffmpeg) and implement code to support it. (need to check: the parameters it has, which input formats it supports, how and if it reports any progress if fed through a pipe,...)
    Quote Quote  
  2. @leo99:
    a. wrote code to support fdkaac cli binary in the next Hybrid release
    b. compiled fdkaac and a bunch of other tools using: https://github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    @leo99:
    a. wrote code to support fdkaac cli binary in the next Hybrid release
    b. compiled fdkaac and a bunch of other tools using: https://github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite
    No..Nope, I think you don't need to install fdkaacenc into Hybrid, because so far I know your 'fhgaacenc' was the most complete that includes all of the necessary libraries has a higher functional and comfortable configurability when compared with fdkaacenc. This in my opinion.. you are wrong if replace it.

Because fdkaac is limited - I'm interested just because there are other advantages that have True VBR for 5 quality presets only.. thats! And I intend to use this on the other GUI encoders + VirtualDub as External encoders.
    Last edited by Leo99; 9th Oct 2013 at 00:35.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Selur, why don't you use the cherished famous high quality LAV filter/decoder (it has also Nvidia CUVID/ DXVA acceleration as source codec).
    You can add it as an "optional" (NOT DEFAULT!) video decoder.
    Thank you for your reply!
    Last edited by Stears555; 9th Oct 2013 at 13:24.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I assuming you mean LAV Filters (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191) and why I don't use it inside my Hybrids Avisynth script generation,

Here's why I don't use them inside the Avisynth script generator of Hybrid:
    a. they are DirectShowSource filters and therefore suffer the same problem all DirectShowFiltes, they are not potentially frame accurate if you jump which might cause problems with complex filters which do not request all frame in order.
    b. to use the Hardware acceleration you would need to use "DXVA2 (copy-back)" as decoder, which is only supported on Vista+ and for most people not the default setting and I think it's a bad thing if Hybrid would start messing with the configuration of LAV Filters.
    -> If you know a better way to use NVIDIAs CUVID or another Hardware decoder in Avisynth please let me know. (I know and support DGDecNV, don't support DGAVCDecDI since it's outdated and not supported anymore)

Here's why LAV Filters is not used inside the preview: Hybrids Preview is based on MPlayer and afaik there's no way to use LAV Filters inside mplayer.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I assuming you mean LAV Filters (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191) and why I don't use it inside my Hybrids Avisynth script generation,

Here's why I don't use them inside the Avisynth script generator of Hybrid:
    a. they are DirectShowSource filters and therefore suffer the same problem all DirectShowFiltes, they are not potentially frame accurate if you jump which might cause problems with complex filters which do not request all frame in order.
    b. to use the Hardware acceleration you would need to use "DXVA2 (copy-back)" as decoder, which is only supported on Vista+ and for most people not the default setting and I think it's a bad thing if Hybrid would start messing with the configuration of LAV Filters.
    -> If you know a better way to use NVIDIAs CUVID or another Hardware decoder in Avisynth please let me know. (I know and support DGDecNV, don't support DGAVCDecDI since it's outdated and not supported anymore)

Here's why LAV Filters is not used inside the preview: Hybrids Preview is based on MPlayer and afaik there's no way to use LAV Filters inside mplayer.

Cu Selur
    I read about this "DGAVCDec" , and it sounds good. But will you integrate it as an option in Hybrid?
    Quote Quote  
  7. It is already integrated, but you need to buy a license and copy the text file named license.txt into the avisynthPluginsfolder.
    If the license file with your license number is inside the avisynthPlugins folder Hybrid will automatically use DGAVCDec if possible.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    i've found an interesting problem with Hybrid and going back to previous versions i see it there as well, when you first launch the program and go to the filtering tab, without having loaded a file, if you look to see what de-interlacing options are listed you see both the ffmpeg and avisynth based de-interlacers but if you load up a file, any type of file and check to see what de-interlacers are available the avisynth ones have mysteriously disappeared and the only options are the ffmpeg based ones.

edit: also the option to choose the vp9 codec under general settings is no longer available, only vp8.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't installed the newest version yet, I'm using version 2013.09.17.1 and it lists it as vp8/9.

@Selur...

When I start the program, it says...
    ->disabling fhgaacenc support since the supporting libraries are not installed,...
    ->disabling qaac support since 'Apple Application Support' is not installed,...
    Finished initialization,...

I'm not concerned about either really but I do have Apple Application Support. Wondering why it doesn't find it. I have it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support and I also copied the folder to the Hybrid folder.

I tried for hours yesterday trying to figure out a way to convert 6 channel aac to 6 channel ac3 for AVI without success and decided to try Hybrid. At first I kept getting an error that I couldn't use aac in avi when I kept checking ac3 and started to post a message for help but after twinkering a bit and choosing video passthrough and custom audio, I saw that I needed to add my selection to audio queue and then it created an audio only mp4 that I could use Yamb to get the audio file. I checked the log file and copied the command and am now able to use Aften in other programs to create the 6 channel audio where those programs failed before using the same encoder.

For anyone wanting to learn to use command line encoders, Hybrid is a great tool. Especially since it has most of the command line encoders that you would ever need to use.

Thanks for a great program and all the support that you give.
    Quote Quote  
  10. @deadrats:
    any type of file and check to see what de-interlacers are available the avisynth ones have mysteriously disappeared and the only options are the ffmpeg based ones.
    Since you didn't mention what version of Hybrid you used (version number and OS please) and I can't reproduce the problem:
    • please update to the latest version
    • the avisynth supports gets disabled if you feed Hybrid with a DVD as input and 'Config->Internals->Avisynth->Avisynth for DVD input" isn't enabled, otherwise it should not disappear
    • regarding the vp9 version: ARGH, I know where the problem is will fix for the next release, if you share what OS you use I will send you a fixed version; problem is that the caching doesn't remember the fact that vpxenc support both VP8 and VP9 :/ (fixed it locally)
    • if the avisynth vanishing problem is not related th the "Avisynth for DVD input", please create a DebugOutputFile like mentioned over at http://www.selur.de/support (level 9 please) and post the file here or send it to me via pm or to the email in the contact infos over at selur.de. (If you send it via email, please also link to your post, so that I can associate the debug output to your problem.)

@DarrellS:
    • please update to latest version 2013.10.10.1 (it's a good change that at least the audio problems are solved in the new version)
    • regarding the "Apple Application Support", please check your registry entries. Hybrid checks for:
      if "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Wow6432Node\\Ap ple Inc.\\Apple Application Support" or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Apple Inc.\\Apple Application Support" exists and has a "variable "InstallDir" which should point to an existing folder.
      Only if it finds one of these registry keys and the linked folder exists will Hybrid assume that the "Apple Application Support" is properly installed.
    • regarding fhgaacenc: Hybrid checks if:
      • libsndfile-1.dll, enc_fhgaac.dll, libmp4v2.dll, nsutil.dll exist in the application folder, if they to fine, otherwise it checks if either
      • "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Wow6432Node\\Winamp" or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Winamp" has an "InstallDir"-variable which points to an existing installation folder
    • if you do not want to use either qaac or fhgaacenc you can also set them on the 'ignore'-list like mentioned over at: "*hidden* Hybrid options,...->misc.ini options->disable warnings about missing tools" and Hybrid will not post any warnings about them.
    • regarding the audio conversion problem: If it still exists in the latest version, please create a DebugOutputFile like mentioned over at http://www.selur.de/support (you can lower the debug level to level 1; please do not use level 9 since it will create a huge file) and post the file here or send it to me via pm or to the email in the contact infos over at selur.de. (If you send it via email, please also link to your post, so that I can associate the debug output to your problem.)

Cu Selur

Ps.: if you switch out tool in the Hybrid folder, you should also delete the tool cache, so that Hybrid will recheck for them (Config->Tools->Clear all tool infos).
    Last edited by Selur; 10th Oct 2013 at 02:46.
    Quote Quote  
  11. release a new version 2013.10.10.2 -> @DarrellS & deadrats please update before creating debug-out files if your problems aren't fixed in the latest version.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    win 7 64 bit, input source is dvd, i'm using the cut segment option, i've chosen prefer ffmpeg for decoding, audio codec is aac, video codec is hevc, mkv is the container, crashes immediately with this:

Hybrid: homepage
    Forum: public forum
    Regarding problems please read: needed infos
    Donate: via PayPal
    ->disabling fhgaacenc support since the supporting libraries are not installed,...
    ->disabling qaac support since 'Apple Application Support' is not installed,...
    Finished initialization, finished after 12.316s

Analyzing: C:\Users\NJ\Desktop\SODO3\VIDEO_TS
    Analyzing DVD structure....
    accumulating vts infos with vStripFree, for: 01
    accumulating vts infos with vStripFree, for: 02
    accumulating vts infos with vStripFree, for: 03
    accumulating vts infos with vStripFree, for: 04
    collecting structure data for title 01
    collecting structure data for title 02
    collecting structure data for title 03
    collecting structure data for title 04
    analyzing a/v for Title_01 of 4
    analyzing a/v for Title_02 of 4
    analyzing a/v for Title_03 of 4
    analyzing a/v for Title_04 of 4
    removing dummy titles,...
    -> resulting effective title count: 3
    starting auto routines for source number: 1

Detected interlaced Material with 29,../59,.. fps, but didn't detect the material to be telecine.
    -> finished auto routines for source number 1.
    starting auto routines for source number: 2
    -> finished auto routines for source number 2.
    starting auto routines for source number: 3
    -> finished auto routines for source number 3.
    Input is completely analysed,...
    Creating jobs for 1 sources,...
    -> Creating jobs for source 1,...
    -> Generating calls for: C:\Users\NJ\Desktop\SODO3\Alicia Rio Sodomania 3.mkv
    createJobs for C:\Users\NJ\Desktop\SODO3\Alicia Rio Sodomania 3.mkv
    createJob audio...
    optimizing the subJobs
    Added new job with id 19_40_57_0410
    Created jobs for:
    C:\Users\NJ\Desktop\SODO3\VIDEO_TS
    started AutoCropCheck for source: 1
    -> crop result: 708:480:6:0, after 00:00:07.799hrs
    createJob audio...
    optimizing the subJobs
    Added new job with id 19_41_42_3110
    Created jobs for:

Starting Main@19:41:51.069:
    "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\mplayer.exe" -v -mc 0 -vc dummy -nocorrect-pts -noconsolecontrols -nocorrect-pts -vc null -vo null -nocache -hardframedrop -aid 128 dvd://1 -dvd-device "C:\Users\NJ\Desktop\SODO3\VIDEO_TS" -ss 5823 -endpos 1926 -dumpaudio -dumpfile "C:\Users\NJ\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_12_aid_128_lan g_und_DELAY_-109ms_19_41_42_3110_01.ac3"
    finished after 00:00:14.916

Starting Main@19:42:05.992:
    "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\faac.exe" -b 128 -c 48000 -w -o "C:\Users\NJ\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_12_aid_128_lan g_und_DELAY_-109ms_19_41_42_3110_02.aac" -
    finished after 00:00:04.301
    -> 19_41_42_3110_05_index crashed:Indexer crashed: -1073741515 - 1!
    finishedJob: 19_41_42_3110
    Job 19_41_42_3110 finished!
    createJob audio...
    optimizing the subJobs
    Added new job with id 20_00_08_0610
    Created jobs for:

Starting Main@20:00:12.167:
    "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\mencoder.exe" -lavdopts threads=8 -mc 0 -noskip -aid 128 dvd://1 -dvd-device "C:\Users\NJ\Desktop\SODO3\VIDEO_TS"-ss 5823 -endpos 1926 -ovc frameno -oac faac -faacopts br=128:tns:mpeg=4bject=2 -channels 2 -srate 48000 -of rawaudio -o "C:\Users\NJ\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_13_aid_128_lan g_und_DELAY_-109ms_20_00_08_0610_01.aac"
    finished after 00:00:01.310
    -> 20_00_08_0610_01_audio crashed:ERROR: C:\Users\NJ\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_13_aid_128_lang _und_DELAY_-109ms_20_00_08_0610_01.aac was not created!
    finishedJob: 20_00_08_0610
    Job 20_00_08_0610 finished!
    createJob audio...
    optimizing the subJobs
    Added new job with id 20_00_57_6310
    Created jobs for:

Starting Main@20:01:03.672:
    "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\mencoder.exe" -lavdopts threads=8 -mc 0 -noskip -aid 128 dvd://1 -dvd-device "C:\Users\NJ\Desktop\SODO3\VIDEO_TS"-ss 5823 -endpos 1926 -ovc frameno -oac faac -faacopts br=128:tns:mpeg=4bject=2 -channels 2 -srate 48000 -of rawaudio -o "C:\Users\NJ\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_14_aid_128_lan g_und_DELAY_-109ms_20_00_57_6310_01.aac"
    finished after 00:00:00.293
    -> 20_00_57_6310_01_audio crashed:ERROR: C:\Users\NJ\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_14_aid_128_lang _und_DELAY_-109ms_20_00_57_6310_01.aac was not created!
    finishedJob: 20_00_57_6310
    Job 20_00_57_6310 finished!
    Quote Quote  
  13. @deadrats:
    a. that's not a debugoutput, that's a your log,...
    b. seems like mencoder&mplayer doesn't support faac anymore -> will adjust
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    then how do i create a debug output?
    Quote Quote  
  15. I mentioned http://www.selur.de/support which states:
    Debug output would be helpful. (Config->Internals->Create debug file; enable it, directly after starting Hybrid and setting the output file)
    The HybridDebugOutput.txt will be created in the output folder.
    btw. I send you a link to a version which will not try to use mencoder for the audio encoding, which should solve your problem,...
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any way to stretch the GUI window? I didn't see anything in the hidden options.
    Quote Quote  
  17. No stretching is not permitted and I do not plan to allow it.
    If you feel that Hybrid is to small, simply overwrite the default font size through the hidden options (to 'change GUI fontsize' and '
    change GUI toolTipFontSize').
    The sizing of the gui depends on the fotn size in the gui and the spacing guidelines the styling of the theme reports.
    You can also style Hybrid, see: Hybrid and styling,..

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Serlur, Are you sure that the newest versions of LAV codec are not frame-accurate?
    Lav codecs are often developed by their designers.

Forxample MPCHC dropped the FFMPEG as its internal decoder, because LAV is more modern and it can produce higher quality than the ffmpeg-based decoders.

When will Hyrid have video merge/cut functions?
    Last edited by Stears555; 12th Oct 2013 at 07:45.
    Quote Quote  
  19. regarding 1.: the problem is not lav itself but more a DirectShow probelm
    regarding 2.: Hybrid already supports a single cut (when it's cut support is enabled; no subtitle cutting), multiple cut's are something I will look into if mencoder&ffmpeg support it. I simply lack the time and for testing and even cutting mkv files in MKV Cutter isn't really totally 'stable/finished'. (no subtitle cutting, since I simply lack the time to implement it; no handling of vfr, only cutting of H.264 content) -> Adding cutting to an application which support multiple containers and formats bears a lot more problems!
    -> In general it is something I would like for Hybrid, but it's too far away to give some sort of time scale.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    regarding 1.: the problem is not lav itself but more a DirectShow probelm
    regarding 2.: Hybrid already supports a single cut (when it's cut support is enabled; no subtitle cutting), multiple cut's are something I will look into if mencoder&ffmpeg support it. I simply lack the time and for testing and even cutting mkv files in MKV Cutter isn't really totally 'stable/finished'. (no subtitle cutting, since I simply lack the time to implement it; no handling of vfr, only cutting of H.264 content) -> Adding cutting to an application which support multiple containers and formats bears a lot more problems!
    -> In general it is something I would like for Hybrid, but it's too far away to give some sort of time scale.

Perhabs a common development project with video to video converter (it is developed by a German guy) would be superior for both software.
    It has merge cut commercial-cut functions, it can handle perfectly all important container formats (and their headers)
    Quote Quote  
  21. it can handle perfectly all important container formats (and their headers)
    only if it can be decoded through DirectShowSource in Avisynth

From the looking at it, it does not offer smart reencoding (only reencode the GOPs which need it). Cutting is only supported if the whole stream is reencoded, he uses Avisynth for that.
    I thought about implementing such a support a few month ago, but stopped after I realized:
    a. it wouldn't handle vfr probably (Avisynth vfr handling isn't that good)
    b. it would only be really easy to implement if the audio would also be reencoded and processed through avisynth
    c. I really don't like the idea of having to reencode the whole stream, just to cut the commercials (Since most TV captures here are H.264 video, personally I remux my TV captures to mkv and then cut it using MKVCutter)
    d. I would have to write some subtitle cutting software (got some delphi code, but no time to port it to c++)
    e. it would be a Windows only solution

If you like the vtvc, simply use that.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it can handle perfectly all important container formats (and their headers)
    only if it can be decoded through DirectShowSource in Avisynth

From the looking at it, it does not offer smart reencoding (only reencode the GOPs which need it). Cutting is only supported if the whole stream is reencoded, he uses Avisynth for that.
    I thought about implementing such a support a few month ago, but stopped after I realized:
    a. it wouldn't handle vfr probably (Avisynth vfr handling isn't that good)
    b. it would only be really easy to implement if the audio would also be reencoded and processed through avisynth
    c. I really don't like the idea of having to reencode the whole stream, just to cut the commercials (Since most TV captures here are H.264 video, personally I remux my TV captures to mkv and then cut it using MKVCutter)
    d. I would have to write some subtitle cutting software (got some delphi code, but no time to port it to c++)
    e. it would be a Windows only solution

If you like the vtvc, simply use that.
    It doesn't use smart rendering, but it offers direct-stream-copy for cut/merge and commercial-cut.
    Quote Quote  
  23. but it offers direct-stream-copy for cut/merge and commercial-cut.
    so it is only key frame accurate on commercial cuts, right? (otherwise I would be surprised)

simply key frame accurate cutting (for cfr content without subtitles) can be easily done with ffmpeg in two calls.
    1st call: cut input into multiple parts
    2nd call: join these multiple parts
    (would be easy to add; main challenge would be to write the 'cut view'-Preview if avisynth isn't available)

Cu Selur
    Last edited by Selur; 12th Oct 2013 at 10:16.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    @Selur:

attached you will find the debug file.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  25. @deadrats: delete the license.txt inside the avisynthPlugins folder, I forgot to delete mine
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    but it offers direct-stream-copy for cut/merge and commercial-cut.
    so it is only key frame accurate on commercial cuts, right? (otherwise I would be surprised)

simply key frame accurate cutting (for cfr content without subtitles) can be easily done with ffmpeg in two calls.
    1st call: cut input into multiple parts
    2nd call: join these multiple parts
    (would be easy to add; main challenge would be to write the 'cut view'-Preview if avisynth isn't available)

Cu Selur

It looks very precise cutting tool. Did you try it?
    Quote Quote  
  27. No. I only read the description.
    -> did you try to cut on none key frame boundaries in passthrough mode?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What do you think about the integration of VapourSynth? It is much more modern than avisynth.

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/VapourSynth
    Quote Quote  
  29. Have you every tried Vapoursynth? Checked it's stability?
    Have you looked at the dependencies it requires to be installed?
    In the long run Vapoursynth and/or Avxsynth will probably be supported, atm. I do not see much gain from supporting it, but a lot of work.
    Quote Quote  
  30. I am pretty sure that you must have incorporated following features in Hybrid, but I am still asking:
    (1) Normalize audio whenever selected with default : Off.
    (2) Able to extract video, audio, subtitles, or only one, what ever is selected for extraction.
    (3) Able to re-mux video, audio, subtitle in to different containers whenever possible without re-encoding. Most of the time MKVMP4.
    (4) Able to encode Audio only m4a, mp3, and wav for different mobile devices and CDs.
    (5) Able to auto-crop and proper resizing-down-scaling let's say 1080p -> 720p or whatever.
    Quote Quote