+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 75
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    argh, delete the CUETools.FLACCL.cmd.exe

Is it related to Flac audio codecs? What will be the consequences after the deletion? What does CUETools.FLACCL.cmd.exe do exactly in the software? What is its function?

Can you write a fast correction, and upload it again as new corrected version?
    Quote Quote  
  2. a. shouldn't be included in official releasesb. consquence: no gpu based flac encoding
    c. http://www.cuetools.net/wiki/FLACCL
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    a. shouldn't be included in official releasesb. consquence: no gpu based flac encoding
    c. http://www.cuetools.net/wiki/FLACCL

So it is a newer version of GPU accelerated FLAC codecs, which was not incorporated yet? So the replacement/overwrite of the old flac with these linked version can solve my problem?

I replaced the FLAC files with the suggested files, and it could solve the problem. But why didn't you change the corrupt flac files with the perfect version?
    Last edited by Stears555; 3rd Oct 2013 at 06:23.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Even the consol window did not disappear after start.

Click image for larger version

Name:	consol.png
Views:	340
Size:	357.6 KB
ID:	20310
    Quote Quote  
  5. So it is a newer version of GPU accelerated FLAC codecs, which was not incorporated yet?
    Yes, it's a gpu based flac encoder and yes it wasn't incorporated into the official installer.
    I use FlacCL for about a year, without problem and Hybrid supports it since then.
    Problem is I haven't tested which files are required and the latest speedUp tools check seems to have problems with it.

So the replacement/overwrite of the old flac with these linked version can solve my problem?

it might
    Quote Quote  
  6. arg, I added my debug version,.. -> will fix in ~30min
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    arg, I added my debug version,.. -> will fix in ~30min

There are 3 German guys (including you) who write free video softwares on this site, have you ever thought to work with them in a new software?

Circa, how many people are needed to create an adobe-premiere caliber/level software? 10? 20? 100?
    Last edited by Stears555; 3rd Oct 2013 at 06:47.
    Quote Quote  
  8. have you ever thought to work with them in a new software?
    no

Circa, how many people are needed to create an adobe-premiere caliber/level software? 10? 20? 100?

only a few, to many people tend to only cause problems and make inter project communication really complicated
    The main point is that if you want to create some NLE software with a lot of features you need a bunch of people who can work full time on it, which normally really isn't an option for hobby-software.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have you ever thought to work with them in a new software?
    no

only a few, to many people tend to only cause problems and make inter project communication really complicated
    The main point is that if you want to create some NLE software with a lot of features you need a bunch of people who can work full time on it, which normally really isn't an option for hobby-software.

But, such a bunch of people are able to earn a lot of money with a perfect software, billions of dollars in each year....

Adobe Systems headquarters in San Jose, California, U.S.

It looks like, they had thousands of programmers....
    Last edited by Stears555; 3rd Oct 2013 at 07:34.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Nope, the probably have a team of 5-10 people per tool. + a lot of people in advertising, support,...

just released: Hybrid rev 2013.10.03.2
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    the reality is, with all due respect to Selur, that people that are capable of coding an adobe caliper piece of software are few and far between and they all have at least a b.s. in comp sci, if not masters and doctorates.

it the same as with any other free and/or open source app, if the people coding them were able to create something approaching the caliper of commercially licensed software they wouldn't give their work away for free, they would be making big bucks from it.

linux is a prime example, the only people that are able to really create a decent distribution are the redhat people and they are the only ones within the linux universe that have a company worth a billion dollars and are the only linux company in the black. 2 or 3 more play at having a viable business but for the most part spend quarter after quarter in the red and everyone else gives their stuff away for free with a few trying to get a few scraps by selling "high end" versions (think vector linux).

microsoft meanwhile is worth 100+ billion and each of their founders and high end executives has more money than they know what do do with.

the proof is in the pudding, programmers that are highly skilled and highly educated can make big bucks and there software has a very professional feel to it; programmers that are of average skill and education make and offer free and/or open source software and their software has that drab "look ma what i made for computer science class in school today" feel and functionality to it.

this isn't meant as a jab at Selur, he seems like a decent enough guy, it's just the way all these legally free apps are, handbrake, xmedia recode, media coder, hybrid, they all have the same basic look and feel to them, use the same limited ffmpeg and mencoder and x264 based tools and they all suffer from an obvious case of the author not bothering to actually test his software for more than 3 minutes before pushing it out to a mirror as evidenced by the tons of flaws in workflow logic, general layout and usability bugs.

i've given up offering feedback to any of them, i am resigned with the knowledge that you get what you pay for and that's just the way it is. once one of the established software vendors, like sony, tmpg, adobe, cyberlink, rovi, elecard or some similar company offers a video editor and/or encoder in the $100 range that supports hevc editing and encoding, i will just buy that and remove all these free apps from my computer once and for all.

hell, i'm not even looking forward to x265 because i think it's going to be a piece of crap, i'm hoping people adopt either strongene's hevc encoder or rovi's.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I disagree,I've tried trial software and found that the freeware apps are better.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  13. a. personally I like Gentoo, ArchLinux and Slackware way more than RedHat
    b. maintaining a software project in your free time and as a job are two totally different things, especially if you have a tool that has 130k+ lines of code and you add new features every other day. Personally I find it way easier to code for work, since the stuff your code is ment to do doesn't change all the time. And most people like I do run quite a bunch of tests, but you can never cover them all.
    c. I really find you 'ranting' funny (no offence), since you complain about everything and everybody and summing your 'rants' up, it's always: 'you are all bad' and things like "i've given up offering feedback to any of them" + your 'ranting' qualify you as a simple troll in my book -> ever thought about writing a blog with all your 'rant'? I really would subscribe and read it everyday

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    a. personally I like Gentoo, ArchLinux and Slackware way more than RedHat
    gentoo? archlinux? really?

from what i remember you didn't "install" gentoo in the traditional sense, you basically built it from source as you installed it and it used to take a long time and it was no faster than a well optimized i686 distribution like vector or yoper.

archlinux i haven't tried in a long time but from what i remember it was like any other distro aimed at being lightweight.

slackware is one of the oldest distros, along with debian and other than serving as a starting point for other much more polished distros it basically is just a waste of bandwidth.

maintaining a software project in your free time and as a job are two totally different things, especially if you have a tool that has 130k+ lines of code and you add new features every other day. Personally I find it way easier to code for work, since the stuff your code is meant to do doesn't change all the time. And most people like I do run quite a bunch of tests, but you can never cover them all.
    130 thousand lines of code is nothing for a full featured app. mozilla is estimated to be about 10 million lines of code, God only knows how many lines an app like Vegas Pro or Adobe Premiere contain, but i would have to believe that they are well into the millions, if Hybrid is 130k lines.

as for testing, no offense but i find that hard to believe, it seems like in every single release i have tried there's silly flaws and errors in the functionality, things that should have been caught and would have been caught almost immediately, hell i launch your app and spot them inside of 2 minutes, you're telling me that you do quality assurance and never notice.

it doesn't matter, you app is the only gui that allows us to use the divx hevc encoder but in all honesty when you told me that you didn't bother to get the source and compile the vp9 encoder yourself you just grabbed a binary that some guy over at the doom9 forums posted, that tells me all i need to know about how serious you are about this hobby software of yours, and i understand, it's legally free, you're not making any money from it and you basically have adopted the attitude of all the other free software projects where if we, the end users don't like it then we really don't have a right to complain because we haven't paid a dime for it.

it is what it is.

I really find you 'ranting' funny (no offence), since you complain about everything and everybody and summing your 'rants' up, it's always: 'you are all bad' and things like "i've given up offering feedback to any of them" + your 'ranting' qualify you as a simple troll in my book -> ever thought about writing a blog with all your 'rant'? I really would subscribe and read it everyday
    you would read the blog of a "simple" troll? you have very low standards, as evidenced by your software (zing, now that's how you troll).

seriously, the term "trolling" implies that i am trying to start an argument, nothing is further from the truth, i have no desire to argue with anyone, let alone some anonymous person i "met" on an online forum.

i just tell it like it is, i can't be the only person that has ever complained about some piece of software including yours, maybe you should ask for an informal poll for feedback from users of such software as to where they would rank your software and what they think of it on a scale of 1 to 5.
    Quote Quote  
  15. you would read the blog of a "simple" troll?
    if you read a lot of scientific papers throughout the day, reading some more amusing 'ranting' really isn't that bad and since there haven't been a lot great movies lately I read a lot of stuff.

zing, now that's how you troll
    doesn't really sound different from the rest of your statement

you didn't bother to get the source and compile the vp9 encoder yourself
    not exactly, I did compile vp9 before, but I stopped doing it and didn't keep a record on how I did it

and you basically have adopted the attitude of all the other free software projects where if we, the end users don't like it then we really don't have a right to complain because we haven't paid a dime for it.
    may be I have, but I normally try to fix bugs and add features, there are a few things I'm stubborn about (like: if people don't like the GUI, they really should use another tool, especially if they basically want an easy to use one click magic tool)
    I have no real problem if people complain about Hybrid, if they understand, that just because they complain about it, it doesn't mean it's going to change. (btw. ever tried to complain to Apple about Final Cut Pro or to Adobe because you don't like something in the software you paid for and they tried to changed it in there next release?)

maybe you should ask for an informal poll for feedback from users of such software as to where they would rank your software and what they think of it on a scale of 1 to 5.
    not sure what I would gain from it. I mean what can a poll really say. What if 99% of the people say that they don't like Hybrid, should I then quit releasing it publicly?
    (since it is a hobby project I use at home, and sometimes for work, I would still develop it further)
    -> if you want, open a new thread and start a poll

130 thousand lines of code is nothing for a full featured app.
    I never said that, but for me 130k of non-generated (the code generators will create quite a few additional lines) code took quite some time to code, refactor and maintain and from my point it is quite a lot for a simple gui.

mozilla is estimated to be about 10 million lines of code,
    and more than 2000 contributors

it is what it is.
    I agree, btw. since you complain a lot, at least most of the post I see from you seem to be you complaining, may I ask if you share any of your

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  16. Selur

The new version Hybrid Debug 2013.10.02.1 worked for me.

No point deleting Win7: C: \ Users \ USERNAME \ AppData \ Roaming \ hybrid, because I had tried before.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    if you read a lot of scientific papers throughout the day, reading some more amusing 'ranting' really isn't that bad and since there haven't been a lot great movies lately I read a lot of stuff.
    i actually did put up a blog a few years ago, here's a link:

http://blogofchristos.blogspot.com/

enjoy
    Quote Quote  
  18. @deadrats: any plans to post updates to the blog? and to add an rss feed?@marchand: latest 2013.10.03.2 should also work and also , after the first start the startup should be faster.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Great.. the new version Hybrid 2013.10.03.2 works fine for me.
    I have completed fhgaacenc and qaac (just ignore cause fixed already) - No more annoying alert log!
    Thanks a lot, Selur.

Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  20. @Leo99: release 2013.10.04, but it only contains some internal changes and a workaround to prevent Hybrid accidentally deleting the content of some folders (should only happen on some linux distros)
    StartUp time also looks fine.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    @Selur: definitely, i've just been so busy, i bought a house that needs a lot of fixing up and my new job at the PICU but there's tons more content i want to add and i also want to move the blog to it's own dedicated site.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Nice, but remember to add some rss feed or similar, that way it's easier to keep up.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    release 2013.10.04 works perfect,Thank you Selur !!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    @Leo99: release 2013.10.04, but it only contains some internal changes and a workaround to prevent Hybrid accidentally deleting the content of some folders (should only happen on some linux distros)
    StartUp time also looks fine.
    Good job... Fine, so fast startup now! (v2013.09.17 to a previous revision - Rather slow startup).
    Selur, I saw a FFmpegSource AVS cplugin while searching on the web, what does it mean..using for what where?
    I don't know what kind of 'AVS cplugin' is... There are all same vs non-AVS but different size of files....
    Last edited by Leo99; 5th Oct 2013 at 03:11.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  25. Selur, I saw a FFmpegSource AVS cplugin while searching on the web, what does it mean..using for what where?
    1. Hybrid does not use the C-Plugin, it only uses the normal Avisynth plugin in it's avisynthExtension.
    2. if you write Avisynth scripts on your own you can use it like the normal FFmpegSource plugin, but you need to use 'LoadCPlugin' instead of 'LoadPlugin' when loading the dll.
    3. for more infos about the plugin, visit: https://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/
    4. latest versions of the plugin can normally found in the corresponding thread over at doom9, the current avisynthExtension includes ffms2-2.19 version posted by TheRyuu (in post #1814)
    5. Hybrid uses either AviSource/DirectShowSource/FFVideoSource/LSMASHSource/DGSource/LWLibavVideoSource/MPEG2Source as source filter inside it's avisynth scripts depending on the source type and some user settings.
    -> hope this helps as explanation
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    ...you can use it like the normal FFmpegSource plugin, but you need to use 'LoadCPlugin' instead of 'LoadPlugin' when loading the dll.
    ...the current avisynthExtension includes ffms2-2.19 version posted by TheRyuu (in post #1814)
    Thanks for the link info... Nope, I don't need use it..hmm just want to know only, moreover it's under C++ that I don't understand. Thanks for the explanation!
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  27. Avisynth has two interfaces for plugins, the normal LoadPlugin, where the plugin must implement the normal Avisynth interface and LoadCPlugin, where the Plugin must implement the C++ interface of Avisynth. -> which one to implement is to the choice of the developer, the FFmpegSource developer implemented both and now depending on how you compile FFmpegSource you end up with either the LoadPlugin or the LoadCPlugin version of FFmpegSource.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post
    I've tried, but errors. At first run, I successfully get mingw-get-0.6.2-mingw32-beta-20131004-1-bin.zip.
    But in the next step I cannot get fdkaac.exe, as follows:

I try running: build_fdkaac.bat > but errors, it says:
    'wget' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    'unzip' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    The system cannot find the path specified.
    0 file(s) copied.
    0 file(s) copied.
    'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    So weird.., seems there is something missing..maybe should be added javascript..? I don't know.
    Last edited by Leo99; 7th Oct 2013 at 01:26.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  29. @Leo99: since Hybrid does not support fdkaacenc as standalone encoder atm. please move fdkaacenc compilation problems into another thread.
    about your compilation problem: if your path to the folder where you copied the autobuild contains whitespaces or non-ascii symbols move it to a path that doesn't (white spaced and non-ascii/latin1 characters tend to cause problems with batch scripts)
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    @Leo99: since Hybrid does not support fdkaacenc as standalone encoder atm. please move fdkaacenc compilation problems into another thread.
    fdkaac - So far I know this open source "Fraunhöfer FDK AAC Codec Library for Android". Why you so afraid...instead it's free, right..? Don't worry Selur, I do not use this into Hybrid..!

about your compilation problem: if your path to the folder where you copied the autobuild contains whitespaces or non-ascii symbols move it to a path that doesn't (white spaced and non-ascii/latin1 characters tend to cause problems with batch scripts)
    OK, I will try, thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Leo99; 7th Oct 2013 at 01:37.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote