VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi

I recently downloaded an AVI video file and used (Any Video Converter) to convert the file to (DVD Video PAL Movie MPG) After the file had been converted i then tried burning it to disc so as to watch on DVD. But when inserting the disc in my Macs DVD Player the disc won't play, it confirms "disc is not supported" i clicked info and it tells me the format is "Mac OS Extended" I don't understand this as i converted the file to DVD Video PAL Movie MPG) why has the file not burnt to this format?

Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can not simply burn a mpg file to a disk as a dvd. You must 'author' a dvd.

Since you appear to be using a mac, take a look at the mac tools under 'Tools/Software' to the left of where you read this reply.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What, exactly, are the folder and file contents of the disc you burned?

A correctly-authored DVD-Video disc should have a VIDEO_TS folder at the root of the disc, with .VOB and .IFO files in it. See What is DVD? - VideoHelp.com for more details.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    ohhhhhh how stupid of me, after converting the file from AVI to MPEG i was automatically hitting "burn file to disc" under the file tab using the Mac. i apologize for my lack of knowledge in DVD authoring.

I now have the Burn application and the file is now burnt to the correct standard, all is well.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote