VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Been trying to find a way of simply playing and playing back protected video simultaneously on two displays - one is my third monitor on my desk and the other is a 40' LCD five feet behind me for the rest of the family. Tried powered HDMI Splitter, which worked, but caused a "jitter" in non-video apps and may have caused a couple of OS start lockups (still checking that out.) The Radeon 6790 operates all four displays perfectly except for........

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I assume you want to play the same file on both the TV and the monitor, and only have one monitor and the TV on at the same time.

Have you tried using the TV as the primary monitor and the PC's monitor as the secondary monitor in clone desktop mode, with a DVI to HDMI cable connecting the monitor and a HDMI to HDMI cable connecting the TV? If the TV and the monitor are HDCP compliant, this setup seems like it should work, although I can't test it. Audio will only be provided by the TV (or your home theater system if HDMI is connected through it instead of directly to the TV) but that may be fine since the TV is nearby.

If this has been tried and does not work, does your family have an XBox 360 that could be used as a media extender? (The TV and monitor will still need to be HDCP compliant,)
    Quote Quote