VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I've downloaded some video tutorials over the internet and they're in .exe format!
    These videos are pretty old, I guess when Microsoft Windows 95 was the king.
    It's built by a program named "Lotus ScreenCam 97", I googled it and found the newer version compatible with Win 7 and installed the trial version but i can't seem to be able to edit or convert the videos through its original program, I'm a newbie but i guess .exe format is kind of encrypted or something!
    Now, Can anybody give me any suggestions how to edit or convert these vids?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Play it and screen capture with something like camstudio. Or can't you run the exe?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Play it and screen capture with something like camstudio. Or can't you run the exe?
    Thank you for your prompt reply.
    I Can run the exe file and play the video with no problems but i want to edit the videos! So, i guess it needs to be converted.
    Thank you for suggesting camstudio but since i have like 50 videos with the overall duration of 10 hours, capturing all of them demands a lot of time!!
    Is there any other solution besides capturing?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've downloaded some video tutorials over the internet and they're in .exe format!
    Assuming they are free, post a link, so people can have a look at them,...
    Quote Quote