VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I went on Youtube, and saw a super slow motion video of a glass being filled with water. The person used Avisynth, and the MSU Frame Rate Converter. It's amazing!! The clarity of the water, and the slow motion. WOW! They also used VirtualDub to process everything. Now, i want to experiment with super slow motion. I downloaded a different Youtube video of a glass of water being filled up. I used Avisynth, the MSU Frame Rate Converter, and Virtualdub. It turned out well. The video i used wasn't as high quality as the first one, but i'm on the road to experimenting. Now, here's the question. This is a Avisynth script. How do i save the video as i processed it, in super slow motion, so i can put it on my Ipod? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. MSU frame rate converter will not work as well as shooting at 600 fps and slowing the video down.

As far as saving your AVS results is concerned, just use any encoder that supports AVS scripts. Like VirtualDub, x264, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Adding to what jagabo said, the smoothness of slow motion has less to do with filters, scripts, or functions in the editing stage than it has to do with the frame rate at which you shoot the footage in the first place. You need a camera that shoots at high frame rate, and thereafter play it back at a normal frame rate. It was easier to get great results in the days of shooting motion picture film (and I think that's why NFL Films still shoots 16mm at pro football games), but the makers of higher-end video cameras are doing more to support faster frame rates these days.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The motion interpolation techniques used by MSU_FRC() and MvTools based filters work for some kinds of material but not others. Simple motions (panning shots, an object moving across a flat background) give pretty good results. Complex motions (rotations, objects moving on highly detailed backgrounds, deformations) don't. Note the video I posted in your other thread:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/344802-Youtube-videos-with-horrible-frame-rate?p=21...=1#post2150528
    Quote Quote