VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.

This is my problem.

I have a DK Digital DVD-119 player and so far it served me well. Only problem are subtitles. Won't display them correctly so I decided to hardcode subtitles into .avi files. I downloaded desired movie, then subtitles and I used AVI-Mux GUI to hardcode subtitles. Program did what it was supposed to do and it did it quickly. Then I burned movie to Maxell DVD+RW using CDBurnerXP. That also went as planned. Now it gets little strange. I inserted DVD+RW into DVD player, selected movie and after only 17 seconds DVD player stopped movie and switched to menu. I tried again but to no avail. I erased DVD+RW and this time burned movie at lower speed. Again the same problem. I erased DVD+RW again and this time I burned original version of movie with no subtitles hardcoded and it worked just fine. Later while examining movie files I discovered that Data Rate and Total Bitrate are diferent (picture below). Could this be the problem and if it is how do I fix it?

P.S.: Image on the right is the unchanged video and image on the left is video with hardcoded subtitles. You can see that the original is has much higher Data Rate and Total Bitrate than the hardcoded one.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	New Pictur1e.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	11614  

Last edited by Baldrick; 27th Mar 2012 at 04:27.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'd guess you added the subtitles to the AVI as a subtitle stream, but unless AVI-Mux GUI has encoding abilitites I'm not aware of, you wouldn't have hardcoded the subtitles using it.
    Maybe try MediaInfo to get the details of each AVI and post them here. I'm not sure I'd trust Windows to provide anything accurate. The AVIs would have to be dramatically different in size to have such different bitrates.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by andreas.cro View Post
    I downloaded desired movie
    What?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Avimuxgui doesn't hardcode subs. Try instead autogk (click on it for guides).

Or try mux the subtitles to the avi with aviaddxsubs.

And I changed your thread title.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Avimuxgui doesn't hardcode subs. Try instead autogk (click on it for guides).

Or try mux the subtitles to the avi with aviaddxsubs.

And I changed your thread title.
    Thank you Baldrick. I used both AutoGK and AVIAddSubs. AVIAddSubs didn't work the way I expected. When I played DVD in DVD player it gave me a lightshow and it skipped time. AutoGK on the other hand did what I wanted all along. Output file was bigger than input (input was 800mb, output was 1.16Gb), but that was acceptable.

Thank you again.

This thread can now be closed
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

You really have no idea how things work around here.

If only it were that simple. Your thread may stay open forever with the very real chance that some future new forum member will dig it up perhaps as late as 8 years from now and needlessly add to it. The only threads that ever get closed are those that advocate a violation of the forum rules (actually, your first post did that when you admitted to downloading the movie and this thread may eventually be closed for that reason) or degenerate into name calling and no longer serve any purpose other than for 2 or 3 people to verbally fight with each other.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

You really have no idea how things work around here.

If only it were that simple. Your thread may stay open forever with the very real chance that some future new forum member will dig it up perhaps as late as 8 years from now and needlessly add to it. The only threads that ever get closed are those that advocate a violation of the forum rules (actually, your first post did that when you admitted to downloading the movie and this thread may eventually be closed for that reason) or degenerate into name calling and no longer serve any purpose other than for 2 or 3 people to verbally fight with each other.
    and left the name of it in the screenshot
    Quote Quote