VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im new here and this really is driving me crazy.
    All I want to do is transfer the 361 avchd files from my sony camcorder to a dvd so that they will play seemlessly on my tv.I have a mac and tried to do it with Toast which turns out to be useless....there was a delay between individual clips on playback.
    My friend has a pc so any suggestions for non mac software should be ok.
    I would prefer the files to end up on a recordable blueray dvd but have a feeling this is far too complicated for modern technology so any suggestions which would let me transfer to normal dvd without significant loss of quality would be greatly appreciated.Oh yeah..and is there any software out there which would let me import all the files at once rather than spend hours doing them individually
    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would try join with Tsmuxer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks but this wont open on my mac
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a mac
    First issue. Steve Jobs nixed Blu-ray support

and tried to do it with Toast which turns out to be useless....there was a delay between individual clips on playback.
    And why is this a problem?

My friend has a pc so any suggestions for non mac software should be ok.
    See Baldrick response

I would prefer the files to end up on a recordable blueray dvd but have a feeling this is far too complicated for modern technology so any suggestions which would let me transfer to normal dvd without significant loss of quality would be greatly appreciated.
    By "recordable bluray dvd" do you mean an AVCHD disc on DVDR media?
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.....The transitions between individual files on playback should be seemless...like when you watch any dvd.With toast there is a delay between playing the files.like the stitching isnt quite right....making it basically unwatchable.Roxio support have e mailed me advising that I make a avchd archive in toast directly by plugging in the camcorder to the mac and burning to a normal dvd but Im unsure if after Ive done this whether it will play on a blueray player as a normal video to watch through the tv
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alphonso49uk View Post
    Hi.....The transitions between individual files on playback should be seemless...like when you watch any dvd.With toast there is a delay between playing the files.like the stitching isnt quite right....making it basically unwatchable.Roxio support have e mailed me advising that I make a avchd archive in toast directly by plugging in the camcorder to the mac and burning to a normal dvd but Im unsure if after Ive done this whether it will play on a blueray player as a normal video to watch through the tv
    I haven't used the latest Toast that supports AVCHD import.

If you go the Apple path, import AVCHD USB to iMovie in AIC 1920x1080 mode. Edit then export to highest quality h.264 Quicktime, then import that to Toast for Blu-Ray. Unfortunately you will lose some quality since iMovie outputs 30p only with heavy compression compared to source. Be sure to archive the source for better future solutions.

There are many ways to do this in Windows.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote