VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everyone! I'm new here, so I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but anyway, I am having issues with the dazzle, about dropped frames, but more so on the fact that you have to PAY for technical support. I was wondering if there were products like the dazzle. I am at my limit with this. It dropped 38 frames in .04 seconds. My laptop is brand new, and I haven't had issues like this in the past. Only when I bought the Pinnacle Studio 14 and HD recorder did this start happening. My laptop also crashes when I unplug the dazzle, and that is really creeping me out. I do NOT have a firewire 6-prong input, so the ADVC 110 and the DAC 200 are out. I need something fast. Something reliable. Something that has a decent quality. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Forget about getting good manufacturer support for free with an inexpensive capture device. Nobody can afford to provide it.

One of out members posted a short video captured from VHS with a Hauppauge USB Live-2 and third-party software. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/343932-Hauppauge-USB-Live-2-Advise-Please?p=2144805...=1#post2144805 Seems OK and the device is not hard to find online.

However it might help us to know what are you trying to capture, what software you are using for the capture, and which audio and video format you are using for the capture (mp3, ac3, wav/lpcm, MPEG-2, H.264, DivX, XVid, wmv, etc.). The source, software, and capture format might be part of the problem rather than just the device.

[Edit]Also, if you are talking about the Dazzle Video Creator Platinum HD, the capture device itself is only SD. It has no connections suitable for capturing HD video. If you have something else, the model name/number would be useful.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Mar 2012 at 17:07.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to capture my wii/xbox 360 rca input, it records in .mpg and the name on the box is Dazzle DVD Recorder HD. Furthermore, I have a video converter so I am not too concerned with video format, and I have tried setting it to the lowest possible quality to no avail. I am using pinnacle studio HD version 14. Ultimately, I will be posting videos on youtube. If I can get this working, I will be REALLLY happy .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by darklink502 View Post
    I am trying to capture my wii/xbox 360 rca input, it records in .mpg and the name on the box is Dazzle DVD Recorder HD. Furthermore, I have a video converter so I am not too concerned with video format, and I have tried setting it to the lowest possible quality to no avail. I am using pinnacle studio HD version 14. Ultimately, I will be posting videos on youtube. If I can get this working, I will be REALLLY happy .
    To play the game effectively and capture, you must split the A/V signals to feed a TV and your capture device. Unpowered Y-splitters work OK for audio, but video quality usually suffers when using a simple splitter because the signal strength is cut in half. A stronger signal might improve your chances of successfully capturing video with the Dazzle or another capture device. Consider buying an S-Video XBox 360 cable. http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-S-Video-AV-Cable/dp/B000B6MLPK Connect the S-Video port to the capture device and the composite video port to your TV. The XBox 360 outputs a full-strength video signal simultaneously on both of this cable's video connections, and the S-Video connection provides the better picture.

Before unplugging the capture device, check your system tray to see if a Safely Remove Hardware Icon for the capture device is present. If there is, eject the capture device prior to disconnecting.

The Hauppauge USB-Live 2 works for game capture as well as VHS transfers. There are game capture quality tests on YouTube that were made with it. The included software from the manufacturer, WinTV7, captures MPEG-2 video but doesn't provide much control. However, the device works with third-party software. The member who originated the thread I linked to used Virtualdub to capture losslessly compressed video (which can be encoded to any format later), as well as Magix Movie Edit to capture MPEG-2 video.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Mar 2012 at 22:01.
    Quote Quote