VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have Gom Player, MPC-HC and VLC Player installed on my PC. I usually use VLC(2.0.0) to play videos. I have the latest K-Lite Codec pack installed too.

Before 3 weeks, the video was playing well. Now in the case of VLC the video streams stops playing after one or two seconds but audio stream is playing well. The problem is with every type of format(avi, mkv, mp4.. etc). In MPC-HC, it doesn't play both and in the case of GOM Player the video stream plays for 3-4 seconds(longer than VLC) and gets stuck like others and continue to play audio stream alone.

I've been trying to solve this for more than a week. Please Help. This problem is not just with HD, it's with ordinary files too. And i'm sure this has a solution. Because i've been playing these videos smoothly like i wanted before. I'm trapped.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Get rid of that k-lite crap.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It didn't help
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Uninstall all of your players, run CCleaner (Crap Cleaner), then reinstall your players.
    VLC has (almost) everything you need to play video on your computer. You should not need any codec pack messing up your computer.
    If that doesn't work, look for a hardware problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've reinstalled my OS and the problem is solved by 98%. The only problem is now lagging. I don't have the option to increase caching, 'cause I'm using 2.0. Help. But still HD is in the same situation.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You have a very old system and hard drive. Likely hardware issue. Never, EVER install a codec pack again. If you need ONE, install ONE.

Your video card is not mentioned and for that system info on that card is essential.

You mention being unable to play a number of video formats and then mention that MPC-HC is unable to play "both". That word specifies two, and only two. It is extremely important to clarify which formats of video, meaning codec, play or do not play and describe the error.

MOST IMPORTANT - you mention that three weeks ago, everything was fine. WHAT HAPPENED to the pc at that time? Hardware changes, software changes, ANY CHANGES OF ANY KIND - the answer to your problem lies in the answer to this question. That is not a guess, that is an absolute certainty. IF and I repeat IF you personally did not cause any change to the PC, then you have experienced some sort of hardware failure. If that was the time that you installed Krap-Lite, there is your answer.

When you re-installed the OS, did this involve formatting the hard drive? Strongly recommend this. Also, recommend you be prepared to replace the hard drive as many signs point to a possible impending failure. Have you run a chkdsk and defrag? These standard tools may provide some useful info.

Have you run a thorough virus scan with more than one product, with at least one of them being Malwarebytes? You need to make some effort to eliminate at least a few of the numerous possibilities as a cause of your problem.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just clarify after the os reinstall that all device drivers have been updated ... it's simple enough to allow stupid windows to load a "generic" driver for you gpu which could be the cause of the lag.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by swalih View Post
    I've reinstalled my OS
    That was stupid.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have Intel 82865G Graphic controller. I video will play in my PC 'cause I've played it before. I've made no change at that time(3 weeks ago), i guess. K-Lite was installed months ago. I've reinstalled OS for many reasons. I had many problems in my PC, not just the video problem. All drivers are successfully installed. "generic". I didn't understand that sentence.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have Intel 82865G Graphic controller. I video will play in my PC 'cause I've played it before. I've made no change at that time(3 weeks ago), i guess. K-Lite was installed months ago. I've reinstalled OS for many reasons. I had many problems in my PC, not just the video problem. All drivers are successfully installed. "generic". I didn't understand that sentence.
    Windows , by default, install drivers with "no acceleration/performance", different from the manufacturer's drivers.

Run a SPECCY software, look all devices, go to your pages and download the last version, included INTEL INF.

Install last DirectX too.

Try and reply.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post

Windows , by default, install drivers with "no acceleration/performance", different from the manufacturer's drivers.

Run a SPECCY software, look all devices, go to your pages and download the last version, included INTEL INF.

Install last DirectX too.

Try and reply.

Claudio
    I tried. Still remains same.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Those "many problems" may very well be related to the video problem. A description of those problems, most especially including any error msgs, might be helpful in diagnosing your current issue. Did any of them refer, in any way, to "drive C:", "error reading", "data error" "file error", "cyclic redundancy check", anything like that.

Reinstalling your OS was not at all stupid, that comment was.

I asked about formatting, error-checking, and defragging your hard drive, and a thorough virus check. Is there some good reason these steps have not been performed? Note that I am NOT at this time recommending a format, there are some steps you need to perform first and I am guessing you have not done those. It IS NECESSARY to know, however, if you did, in fact, perform a format. For instance, if you did NOT format, all these driver questions are out the window and not a factor.

The fact that the re-install improved the situation points to several possibilities, However, "a 98% improvement" is not specific enough to nail anything down.

Think AGAIN about what you may have done 3 weeks ago that could have changed the PC. ANY software installs, ANY updates, ANY maintenance, did you drop it, was it in somebody else's possession that might have done these things. SOMETHING has changed, that is clear. If YOU did not do it, (and many years experience tells me that you, or somebody else, probably did) then we are left with either virus activity or hardware failure. That is why the virus scan and hard drive checks are important.

I note that you claim to have updated your drivers and installed DirectX in under two hours after it being recommended. Clear, precise, and ACCURATE answers to questions are mandatory to solve a problem remotely.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks, Nelson37.

I didn't made any change before 3 weeks, i guess.

Anyway, in the re-installed OS, I installed VLC 2.0. I usually increase caching ms to play HD videos smoothly. I don't know why VLC can't play even 480p videos in the previous OS in both 1.1.11 & 2.0.0 versions. There is no option (or i didn't find any option to cache more in 2.0.0. Many have complained about VLC's latest version. So i download 1.1.11 and adjusted caching.

It's now working fine.

But when i seek the video (only mkv) both video and audio stream goes to the selected time but audio will only start after 4 seconds. I didn't install any Codec Packs and my PC's perfect. Can you help to solve it.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I asked specific questions. Several of them TWICE. You have completely and totally failed to provide the information I requested.

Under such circumstances, I can't do a damn thing for you, nor will I make any further effort of any kind until you provide the necessary information.

Have a nice day and good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  15. What do you want to know?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Look for Nelson's sentences that end with a question mark like this: ?
    When you see that mark it is a question that needs to be answered.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No videos would play on my laptop anymore, i cant recall when it stopped working because i havent tried in a while. Someone told me to download K-lite Codec Pack so i did. Right off the bat the Media Player Classic wouldnt let me play my DVDS. It would say "DVD: Copy Protect Fail", what do i do to fix it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TAYMAC View Post
    No videos would play on my laptop anymore, i cant recall when it stopped working because i havent tried in a while. Someone told me to download K-lite Codec Pack so i did. Right off the bat the Media Player Classic wouldnt let me play my DVDS. It would say "DVD: Copy Protect Fail", what do i do to fix it?

Easy, get POT PLAYER and play yours DVDs. Too easy.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  19. Easy, get POT PLAYER and play yours DVDs. Too easy.

Claudio
    I have tried it before posting this thread. It won't work. Anyway, i would like to keep going with VLC. I'm try to get help about it, not to suggest any other players. I've gone back to 1.1.11 cause 2.0.0 does not have the option to increase cache and hence HD never play in that. It's playing in 1.1.11 as i increased the cache.

Like i said
    Anyway, in the re-installed OS, I installed VLC 2.0. I usually increase caching ms to play HD videos smoothly. I don't know why VLC can't play even 480p videos in the previous OS in both 1.1.11 & 2.0.0 versions. There is no option (or i didn't find any option to cache more in 2.0.0. Many have complained about VLC's latest version. So i download 1.1.11 and adjusted caching.

It's now working fine.

But when i seek the video (only mkv) both video and audio stream goes to the selected time but audio will only start after 4 seconds. I didn't install any Codec Packs and my PC's perfect. Can you help to solve it.
    Now please try to reply.
    Thanks for help.
    Quote Quote  
  20. VLC guys says that they fixed the audio problem and cache in 2.0.0 and thats why i can't see those options. But, if they had fixed my video should play in 2.0.0 too not just in 1.1.11. I'm now just having the problem with seeking now. But sometimes i do have problems which result in
    pixelate and lagging videos even i fi play that in the ALL option to skip the decoding stuff in x264.

Please help.
    Last edited by swalih; 8th Aug 2014 at 06:41.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Intel CPU/chipset ? Perhaps there is an Intel driver that needs to be installed post install.
    Quote Quote  
  22. chipset is installed. Every driver needed for my PC is installed.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What CPU do you have? How much RAM ? Which motherboard ?
    Quote Quote  
  24. I have Intel Pentium 4, Ram - 1.2 GB, MotherBoard - Gigabite 865. Why these info's? My videos will work in this PC. It had worked earlier.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have Intel Pentium 4, Ram - 1.2 GB, MotherBoard - Gigabite 865. Why these info's? My videos will work in this PC. It had worked earlier.
    Very old system. Work? Yes, but quality?? No.

If a C2D 7200 play 1080p by force...think a P4...

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  26. Ok. But don't think that it won't work. Those videos were played smoothly once(720P). And i didn't feel there has been a decrease in quality at that time.

I have posted my problem in VLC forum too. Please check it.

http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=98967
    Quote Quote  
  27. Reply .. Please >>
    Quote Quote