VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi folks
    new here, mods move this to correct location please
    question
    have a number of vhs tapes (family videos) that i am trying to convert to dvds in a combo vhs/dvd recorder
    some of the tapes will insert into vhs player and play no problem ,but 3 of them when i put them in vhs player will only drop down on right side (spools/ motors ?) left side stays up
    put them in another old vhs machine they drops down and plays no problem ,how do i fix above vhs cassettes so that i can copy them
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you could open the cassettes and remove the tapes and put them in known good cassettes.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Most DVD recorders will accept inputs from an external source. Since there are only three and another VCR is available, try connecting the "other" VCR to the external and record them that way. That is if the suggestion by aedipuss is not to your liking.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks for the replies ,i would make a botched unusable tape if i tried putting in a new cassette box
    that other vhs player has a reputation for chewing up tapes so dont want to use it ,just used it to test would tape go in and down onto spools
    thanks anyway
    Quote Quote