VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Method used to extract progressive frames from your 50i clip.

I extracted the interlace frame with VLC snapshot (deinterlace off).

Then I copied your clip to a USB flash drive and plugged it into my Blu-ray player. The player is set to output 60p. Then I stepped frame by frame through the clip. For the chosen interlace frame, I recorded the two progressive frames off the composite output of the Blu-ray player via Canopus ADVC-100 then I extracted the frames with VLC snapshot from the recorded DV file. VLC was set to display wide 16:9.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  2. cor blimey! This is great! It cuts to a simpler relationship, not just "do this do that" from manuals. Keeper for me.

Nick
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    That's OK we will carry on without you since this has general appeal.

I'd appreciate if you could post some source video of the same clip.
    I did not see the request to post.

I do not know how to split the original camera clip to a size that I can reasonably upload, without outputting it to a different format.

Nick
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    That's OK we will carry on without you since this has general appeal.

I'd appreciate if you could post some source video of the same clip.
    I did not see the request to post.

I do not know how to split the original camera clip to a size that I can reasonably upload, without outputting it to a different format.

Nick
    Not needed if you have no further questions.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Of course I still have questions. I still cannot get the video to playm properly
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For DVD, just "render as" your 50p timeline to DVD 720x576 25 fps interlace. Done. It works.

For 1920x1080 50p it should play on your computer if fast enough but not yet on a Blu-Ray player unless you export 1920x1080 50i or 1280x720 50p.
    Quote Quote  
  7. no it doesn't for me. it has ghosting. I tho9ught we were trying to find out why. that's why I posted bits of video and mediaifno stuff and clips. I have been told the files are fine. I have been told I have wromg settings. I have made no conscious changtes to anythoing in any player. I have yet to see a suggested _solution_ to the ghosting.
    Quote Quote  
  8. seems to me that dialogue between me and you guys has either ended or disintegrated. I do not feel the fault is all mine.

You guys have made your frustration with me plain. Maybe IF you wanrt to help, you need to read more and bully, and demand the "right" way to ask a question, less. ANd maybe try just being NICE for once. You have no idea how it feels to not get ANY just "Great!" sor to fo feedback. Just "well do you have any more questions or not?" It just reinforces the cold, arrogant way I have been dealt with.

A lot has been said, but at no stage have I felt there weas any progress, even when I did waht you asked. I feel that I have nothing to lose by my going away and leaving you lot to it.
    Last edited by OldNick; 19th Mar 2012 at 04:05.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OldNick,
    I feel that your latest (last?) post above does not in any way reflect the real spirit of this thread (or the replay weirdness thread). Maybe you just have a bad day.
    Last edited by vkmast; 19th Mar 2012 at 05:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    seems to me that dialogue between me and you guys has either ended or disintegrated. I do not feel the fault is all mine.

You guys have made your frustration with me plain. Maybe IF you wanrt to help, you need to read more and bully, and demand the "right" way to ask a question, less. ANd maybe try just being NICE for once. You have no idea how it feels to not get ANY just "Great!" sor to fo feedback. Just "well do you have any more questions or not?" It just reinforces the cold, arrogant way I have been dealt with.

A lot has been said, but at no stage have I felt there weas any progress, even when I did waht you asked. I feel that I have nothing to lose by my going away and leaving you lot to it.

I demonstrated above (see post #60) that the DVD downscale from 50p rendered both frames as distinct fields with no ghosting using my suggested project and render settings. The problem must be in your settings or playback method. Make a DVD then check it on a progressive DVD or Blu-ray player.

If you attempt to play 25 fps source (50 fields per sec) at 60 Hz, then you will see repeated frames or fields depending on the software player.

Post more samples that you think are ghosting. Such as a source sample and render result for the same clip.

And tell me what part of post #60 you don't understand. I spent a fair amount of time preparing it.
    Last edited by edDV; 19th Mar 2012 at 04:49.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by OldNick View Post

Tsmuxer, split & cut tab (cut by timecodes, no video preview) , or tssniper - it has video preview, but tssniper relies on directshow splitters and decoders configured properly - you might have problems with this one as your directshow player playback issues suggest
    Quote Quote  
  12. Well well. To anybody that said "Disable resampling", I apologise. I felt inundated with often conflicting information. That's what it was, in Vegas.

That was it. Not codecs too many or too few, not frame sizes or rates or mpg vs avi or ......just Disable Resampling.

Somebody must have known about that....
    Quote Quote