VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi everyone.i use ripbot and staxrip on windows.they are so usefull.on my new pc ı try to use linux ubuntu and searcing programs ı had used.ı cannot find a guı on linux like staxtip.ı want to select video file , select external or second audio track and get mkv or avi output formats.do you know any guı?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe avidemux. Under the audio tab can you select external and second audio track.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hybrid (but it requires you to install all the needed background tools manually)
    Quote Quote  
  4. For what you describe I would use mkvtoolnix GUI on linux. You can find the needed repositories here:

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html

Just add the repostitory and install
    mkvtoolnix and mkvtoolnix-gui. You will then have the same interface as on mkvmerge GUI on windows.
    Quote Quote  
  5. @Hikaru-Shindo: since when does mkvtoolnix count as an encoder GUI? (see title of the thread)
    Quote Quote  
  6. From the contents of the thread I assume a muxing utility would be sufficient. I would also urge to use the cli versions of the tools since they offer much more and fine grained options (I know that many ppl will not need it but...)
    Quote Quote