VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone have the Realtech HD Audio Manager/64 bit Windows 7 that they could e-mail to me, or possibly put me on to where I can download it? I have scoured the Asus and Realtech sites and they don't post it, I Googled, tried everything. I lost my Asus M3A78-EM mainboard driver 64 bit disk that had it, and the Asus driver download site does not have the Audio Manager feature for download although it is on their disk. It is a great graphic equalizer so that I can tweak my audio. I have the 32 bit version for my XP installation and it works a treat! Thanks!
    PS: maybe someone knows a generic I can use that will work? Just a thought...
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's not at http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ ? It's not included in the drivers?

Last edited by jagabo; 29th Feb 2012 at 17:52.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    get the latest "driver" from realtech. the large version at the top of the download page, not the "driver only" version. it should install the audio manager also.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys, but the available driver download file does not include the graphic equalizer utility. It appears that Asus created their own version of the Realtech audio manager and made a graphic equalizer utility with many tweak adjustments that is far superior. Aedipuss, if you are referring to the link that Jagabo supplied, that top file is specification sheets only, and is only a few k's big. I tried the Asus online chat but their tech was "busy" and after a few minutes it disconnected me. I will try again today. If anyone reading this has the original (that came with the motherboard) 64 bit ASUS M3A78-EM English CD, I would be willing to pay shipping if you could send me a copy. PM me. Thanks all...
    Last edited by ranchhand; 1st Mar 2012 at 07:08.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have the Win7 32/64 bit R2.55 driver for the Realtek ALC892 that came with my AsRock Z68 Pro3-M motherboard. I never installed these because the drivers Win7 installed automatically were sufficient for my needs on this computer. But I went ahead and installed them and the graphic equalizer is included. If you want I could upload that driver. It's about 43 MB as a zip file.

Checking your motherboard, it appears to be a different chip, ALC1200. But there doesn't seem to be different driver versions for the different HD audio chips.

Maybe this:
    http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/REALTEK/Asus-P6T-Realtek-ALC1200-Audio-Dri...XP-Vista.shtml
    It looks big enough to include what you want. Then update to the latest driver?
    Last edited by jagabo; 1st Mar 2012 at 07:36.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Jagabo... if you could upload that I would appreciate it! What the heck, it can't do any harm to install it, if it don't work then nothing lost. Let me know where to access it (unless you mean to upload it here on the forum, that's fine too). I will also check out that link you provided!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    this is what i have. is it what you are looking for?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-03-01_103553.png
Views:	335
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	11248
    --
    Quote Quote  
  8. Here's the ZIP file with the ALC892 driver:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6d7rxxb7216x531
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Aedipuss... My Realtech version does not have the 10 band graphic equalizer that yours does; actually, I probably would be happy with the one you have, I would guess that Asus added a few options but kept the same adjuster engine that Realtech had.
    Jagabo: both the files refuse to even open, "driver not supported" message. Yet, you installed these for Windows 7, right? Strange.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Realtech Audio Manager.jpg
Views:	8514
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	11250  

Name:	Asus Audio Manager.JPG
Views:	23609
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	11251  

Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by ranchhand View Post
    Jagabo: both the files refuse to even open, "driver not supported" message. Yet, you installed these for Windows 7, right? Strange.
    Yes, but I have the ALC892 chip, not the ALC1200. I guess that driver doesn't support the ALC1200. It gives me both the presets and the 10 band graphic EQ. There's a button to the right of the Reset button in the EQ area that switches between the two:

Name:	eq.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	11252
    Last edited by jagabo; 1st Mar 2012 at 20:14.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I guess I will continue to try to contact Asus.... wish me luck!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    here's a link to the realtek driver i used, but since i have the same chip as jagabo it might not work with yours either.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=Fatal1ty%20P67%20Professional&o=Win764

[edit] i just downloaded and installed the latest generic update direct from realtek - r267 - and it installed the same panel as the old one with the equalizer.
    Last edited by aedipuss; 2nd Mar 2012 at 00:01.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For what it's worth dept: Here is the problem; evidently Realtek decided in their infinite wisdom to drop the graphic equalizer feature and instead substitute several useless presets that are totally useless. If you lucky guys have the EQ that works, take good care of it because there ain't no more. I have posted a link with more info, and followed the directions to get it back. However, all it does is load into memory and the actual EQ doesn't work. Unless there is an installation .exe included, there is no way to integrate it into the sound system. So... back to square one.
    http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/get-the-realtek-equalizer-back-in-windows-7-vista/
    Quote Quote  
  14. Try this control panel app in 64 bit Win7.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ranchhand View Post
    For what it's worth dept: Here is the problem; evidently Realtek decided in their infinite wisdom to drop the graphic equalizer feature and instead substitute several useless presets that are totally useless. If you lucky guys have the EQ that works, take good care of it because there ain't no more. I have posted a link with more info, and followed the directions to get it back. However, all it does is load into memory and the actual EQ doesn't work. Unless there is an installation .exe included, there is no way to integrate it into the sound system. So... back to square one.
    http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/get-the-realtek-equalizer-back-in-windows-7-vista/
    did you actually read that article??? the bold second paragragh -
    Edit: according to user dimar on Tom’s Hardware forums, from R2.41 of the driver, the option to change to a graphic equalizer has returned. Looks like Realtek finally listened to its users.

it appears it is just your system that has some problem and won't install it. like i said before, i downloaded the latest official driver from realtek and the equalizer is there in the program.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I finally got it. You are right, I guess my system had some kind of conflict, but here is how it worked:
    Cnet had the link to the driver that has the EQ utility! The trick is configuring it, there are no
    instructions. First, I downloaded and installed the latest K-lite codec pack. I honestly don't know if this
    had anything to do with it, but that's what I did. Next, I totally remove all existing sound drivers from my
    system, including Realtek's. My Nvidia video card also had a sound driver and I uninstalled that. I cleaned all registry entries for Realtek from the registry.

Then I installed the Realtek driver (link below) and rebooted. I now had the EQ, but nothing worked. I
    messed around with it, and finally enabled "Speakers" at the top, and disabled "Set Device" so that
    the option was grayed out. Suddenly the graphic equalizer started working! Now my sound system
    sounds like it should.
    By the way, CNET will download and install the driver package automatically and you will not have a
    copy of the file (not a good idea). If you want a copy of the Audio Manager for yourself, start the
    download (50 megs), deny the usual toolbar and junk BHO options, then click "download". It will download
    the package to memory only (not a file on your HD), it will ask you if you want to install "Now", but click
    the "Later" button. A window will pop open with the complete file in it, just drag & drop it to your desktop.
    That's it.
    CNet link: http://download.cnet.com/3001-2120_4...7097be4073666c

Thanks guys, you nudged me in the right direction.
    Quote Quote