VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been trying to fix subtitles for NCIS season one on Norwegian, but in the middle of the episode, the subtitle are starting to appear long after what they are saying. (Sorry for my bad English, i'm from Norway :P)

So, I have found a english text that are synct whit the episode. How can i replace the text from the English subtitle with the norwegian without messing with the times on the english one?

I have a bit hurry, so i hope i can get answers really quick..!
    Pleas help me!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try subtitle edit, open your norwegian subs, then choose under synchronization->point sync via other subtitle... and open the english subs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Try subtitle edit, open your norwegian subs, then choose under synchronization->point sync via other subtitle... and open the english subs.
    Thank you! But it stands "Set sync point".. How do i do it after choosing the English sub so the window show..? Just click "ok"?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it wont work.. :
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi nemi!

You can also select the subtitle lines not in sync in the list view, right click and choose "Show selected lines earlier/later..." or "Visual sync selected lines...". This way you can adjust only the not-synced part.

Yet another option is to use the waveform + adjust buttons... well, the waveform always helps.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found out that it is several points where it doesn't show right.. I have tried translate the English in google, but the result where totally wrong..
    Is there somewhere else i can translate?

I need to get the subtitle right, because i shall burn to dvd..
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you can't find an automatic solution, you can do it manually. If the english version is right, copy the times for the parts that need to be fixed from that file, and replace the corresponding times in the norwegian version.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do i do that in a easy way? Instead copy one and one timing..?
    Quote Quote  
  9. If you have PAL subs & your vid is NTSC you get this kind of thing happening. Use Subtitle Workshop, its free, on left side it has a timing you can change to your FPS to match.
    Quote Quote