VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone wanna comment on which software converts videos the fastest? My realplayer, like most people's, saves some flash videos in .flv format. I then have to get out something like XviD4PSP to convert it to iphone compatible .mp4 format so i can view it on my iphone. I am looking for something very speedy that converts with pretty darn good quality, if such a thing exists.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try Freemake Video Converter and see if you like it
    Quote Quote  
  3. FORMAT FACTORY,
    HANDBRAKE

Free & smooth work
    "The Strongest people aren't always the people who win,but the people who don't give up when they lose"
    Quote Quote  
  4. It all depends on the codec settings you use. Fast settings -> fast conversions. Slow settings -> slow conversions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Want fast? Get an Intel Sandy Bridge with Quick Sync and try one of the GPU based encoders like Badaboom or Splash!...I get 360+ FPS converting from DVD files in Badaboom (on an i7 2600).

PS: Neither are freeware. My bad, but they both have trial versions.
    Quote Quote  
  6. MediaCoder is free and can use Quick Sync, CUDA, or AVIVO. But all the hardware encoders deliver inferior quality. You can get faster encoding and better quality with x264 with the veryfast or ultrafast presets. x264 at ultrafast on my Core i5 2500K encodes at over 450 fps.
    Last edited by jagabo; 26th Feb 2012 at 08:30.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smartel View Post
    try Freemake Video Converter and see if you like it
    Thanks!! Freemake does make quick work of things! WOW! I just converted about 200 videos with it in the past few days. PHEW! Thank you again, Smartel!!!
    Quote Quote