VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I bought a new LG BD360 at the end of last year. I tried following the instructions here https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/lg-bd360/10406 but my player won't read the USB stick or read the CD.

I'm not as to why this could be, I'm thinking it may to with my player being 2011 and the hack for 2009 players, or that the hack seemed to be for Canadian players and I'm in the UK.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make a LG BD360 from the UK region free?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jloshea View Post
    or that the hack seemed to be for Canadian players and I'm in the UK.
    If it involves a CD or memory stick.....that is most likely the problem.
    Not all players can be hacked.....especially if we are talking about a Blu Ray player here. Be prepared for disappointment.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I think there may be hope with this model. I mean if the Canadian model can be hacked I don't see why the UK model can't.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jloshea View Post
    I think there may be hope with this model. I mean if the Canadian model can be hacked I don't see why the UK model can't.
    It doesn't hurt to dream.....I mean try.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I've NEVER heard of a hack that worked on a North American player, especially a BluRay player, but didn't work elsewhere. It's almost impossible these days to unlock North American players. However, manufacturers do make hardware changes where hacks only work in certain regions or they worked in the past but don't work any more. My guess is that this hack worked on the past on more than just Canadian players but it no longer works due to hardware changes during production.
    Quote Quote