VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have transferred some videotape to avi using AVS Video Recorder. When playing back video I notice that the audio is about a half second ahead of the video. This can be distracting on playback. I then convert AVI to M4V (to play on Iphone) using AVS Video Converter. There is no change in video/audio sync.
    Is there adjustments I could make to sync the video and audio so it plays both in time?

Thank You,

Don Seddio
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please don't post same question in seveal threads. I deleted your other post.

Capture with something else? Virtualdub.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Pretty much every A/V container has a setting to delay or advance the audio or video to sync them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If it's just a constant shift, I'd listen to jagabo and look for software adjustments. If the audio gets more (or less) at of sync at different times, then it's caused by dropped/duplicated frames.

If your problem is dropped/duplicated frames, then use Virtualdub if you can. Go to Capture mode with File->Capture AVI and go to the "Capture timing options" with Capture->Timing. Leave EVERYTHING unchecked in the "Capture timing options" window except "Correct video timing for fewer frame drops/inserts." The resync mode should be "Sync audio to video by resampling the audio to a faster or slower rate," and the audio latency determination should be "Automatic." Everything else should be unchecked. Once you exit out of capture mode and exit out of Virtualdub without a crash, these settings should be saved for future use. They're somewhat unorthodox and different from the defaults, but they're by far the most reliable for me and another user (jmac). I never, ever, EVER have any audio sync problems.
    Quote Quote