Thread
  1. Ander - I never considered bluetooth headphones. I should look into them
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello.

I still don't have the answer.
    Where is the tempo or pitch control?
    I would like to watch videos at higher speed but without distorting the audio.
    Many other video players have this option but I'm not able to find it on Potplayer.

Regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by skan View Post
    Where is the tempo or pitch control? I would like to watch videos at higher speed but without distorting the audio...
    PotPlayer's playback-speed commands are here:

Right-click video > Playback > Speed

I prefer to use these shortcut keys (which are also on the Speed menu):

Normal speed: Z
    Slower: X
    Faster: C

As you change the playback speed, PP shows the changes onscreen, as it does for its other real-time settings—very handy.

Cheers, A.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ander View Post
    Where is the tempo or pitch control? I would like to watch videos at higher speed but without distorting the audio...
    PotPlayer's playback-speed commands are here:

Right-click video > Playback > Speed

I prefer to use these shortcut keys (which are also on the Speed menu):

Normal speed: Z
    Slower: X
    Faster: C

As you change the playback speed, PP shows the changes onscreen, as it does for its other real-time settings—very handy.

Cheers, A.
    I knew that but this doesn't produce the desired results because it distorts the sound, it changes the pitch.
    Other software have the option to avoid this problem, sometimes it's called time stretching, pitch control, tempo control or something else. But I can't find any similar option on Potplayer.

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  5. ah... There is such a function but the translation seems not correct.

Right click on potplayer -> playback -> speed -> low quality
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I knew that but this doesn't produce the desired results because it distorts the sound, it changes the pitch...
    That's strange, it works just fine on my Core i5 portable... The audio matches the video speed and it sounds fine. Are you using an older or less powerful system?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BTW, I still haven't discovered how to make my Bluetooth headphone's controls work with PotPlayer again. They work fine with other Windows media players, but of course PP's the best, so I'd like to use that... No one has any ideas about this?
    Quote Quote  
  8. My video is reversed in pot player, how do I reverse it back ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is a setting for that. Right click and make sure it isn't selected. Many settings havbe shortcuts and can get set easily by mistake

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_197 Jul. 14 23.47.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	37816
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks, I knew it was simple I like this player all codecs are built into it and it's a simple U.I and easy to scrub forward and backward in smaller increments rather then larger chunks.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Please help me.
    How can I rotate a video screen with Potplayer, 1 degree by 1 degree?. (For example, in Media Player Classic: Alt + num keypad)
    Last edited by minegroasprilla; 20th Jul 2016 at 20:52.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by minegroasprilla View Post
    Please help me.
    How can I rotate a video screen with Potplayer, 1 degree by 1 degree?. (For example, in Media Player Classic: Alt + num keypad)
    As far as I know, PotPlayer can rotate video only 90, 180, 270 or 360 degrees. (The 360-degree rotation is especially clever, since most people would see it and be unable to distinguish it from the original—only the person who did the rotation would know there was any difference!) I suggest you just tilt your head 1 degree; the effect should be the same.
    Quote Quote  
  13. There is no 360 rotation.

I suggest you just tilt your head 1 degree
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IDhHZh1NRcyuPqDP2IJr_lol-cat-303363.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	37932
    Quote Quote  
  14. Can you make a particular frame in PotPlayer the thumbnail image, to be displayed in Windows Explorer or any other file manager ?
    Quote Quote  
  15. You can screen capture with PotPlayer, I've searched online; and found some information regarding Video > Video Recording when recording, the video gets recorded and a video file gets created but no video plays and I can't set the screen size for which I want to record ?

How can I increase the resolution of any video, when re-sizing the window it's blurry ? The play head in Pot Player scrubs in increments of 5 seconds is it possible to change this by second ?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hi, I was able to solve my other issues; the only issue I continue to have is how do you do screen capturing or video capturing with PotPlayer ?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Humble suggestion: start by dropping the "Built-in MPEG decoders" Even the "CLVSD.ax" from an old version of PowerDVD should be infinitely better than any FOSS Mpeg decoder
    ( EXCEPTION to this rule: DScaler 5 )
    Also, disable the built-in video processing entirely, and choose "Overlay Mixer" for video rendering.

Hope this helps.
    Is it still useful? I've installed it but not sure if any player is using it. I use Potplayer for playing media files.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kriszeth View Post
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Okay, I took the time to find out what works over here
    ( since English is not my native language and I prefer to keep subs always turned on )

Context menu -> DVD Control -> Subtitle Option -> Un-tick "Active"
    I'm sorry for butting in, but can i ask where is the dvd control? i can't find it (a pic would help greatly)
    also, and i am taking advantage of your goodwill, but i remember i used to be able to customize subtitles hardcoded in mkv files on potplayer, but now i don't remember how i did it , do you know of an easy to understand for beginners step by step how to configure potplayer? thanks in advance
    thank you. geez. how abstruse was that? just like op, i could not figure this out either
    also, the old thread comment is not apropos as i was having the problem just today
    Quote Quote  
  19. Here is it, PotPlayer 1.7.20538
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	potplayer-dvd-subtitles.png
Views:	642
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	50341  

Quote Quote