VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I've been using -splitx run from a batch file to shorten mp4s - works fine, I state the number of seconds as 0:030 for example and I get a new file in my root folder name "video-file_0_30.mp4" that only 30 secs long .. exactly what I was after. I have even been able to incorporate this with wildcards so that it automatically splits every file in a folder.

What I would like to do now is change the folder the split files are saved to be other than my root.

This is the split code I'm using in my batch;

FOR /R %%v IN (*.mp4) DO "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Yamb\MP4Box.exe" -splitx 0:030 "%%v"

Does anyone know a way to change output folder in this code. I'd really appreciate any help.

Cheers

Scary
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Linux and root? That is a batch for windows....

But you can change the last %%v to the folder you want like, "c:\videos\%%v"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes sorry I guess I'm in the wrong forum but it's seems to be the only place mp4 batch code is discussed.
    Please direct me to a more appropriate forum if you know of one.
    Alternatively I will cease and desist if my participation is inappropriate.

Thank you so much for the suggestion ... you would think that would work but no.

I added a path before the "%%v" but when viewing the batch file running I can see that instead of placing the folder in the path, it adds the path "in front" of the path that the "%%v" creates when the batch runs.

ie "C:\videos\new-folder\C:\videos\fileneame.mp4" Maybe it's because of the windows 7 enviroment?

Anyhoo - any further help will be appreciated. Thanks

Scary
    Quote Quote