VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Using Encore for my last project, I set the layer break to 'manual'. When I went to build, it popped up a box allowing me to set the layer break at any point I wanted. This point then showed up in ImgBurn, allowing me to have the layer break somewhere sensible.

This time, however, Encore failed to pop anything up, and hasn't set a layer break at all, leaving me to ImgBurn and its suggestions that, due to being effectively random, are horribly inconvenient at times.

I burn a lot of basketball games, so I do need to be fairly picky about where the layer break goes. I've seen a lot of people say that it needs to be at a chapter point, but I've never seen ImgBurn put it there and have never had a problem. I only have a chapter at the start of each quarter, though.

Why won't Encore let me set it anymore, and is there any way I can set it manually beyond choosing from a couple of options ImgBurn gives me?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You can use PgcEdit to set layer breaks. It's what I use. Maybe you can look into it and see if it gives you more what you're looking for.
    Quote Quote  
  3. How? I've downloaded it, and searched the help, and all it says is something about clicking the cell type button and editing the discontinuity flag. I don't even know where the cell type button is, much less anything else it was talking about.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Alright, figured it out. But it's basically like ImgBurn, in that you just get a list of layer break options. When Encore let me set the layer break manually, I could set it on any frame I wanted (obviously within the range given).

I don't get why Encore has the option for setting a manual layer break if it doesn't actually do anything.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's good that you figured it out, but for others who might have the same question.
    http://www.digital-digest.com/~blutach/pgcedit_guide/burning_with_pgcedit/burning_with...pgcedit_v2.htm

Google is your friend. Use it. A simple search could have pulled up the guide I referenced above, but if you want to go through life expecting everybody to spoon feed you instead of doing simple searches on your own, good luck.

I have no experience with Encore. Professional authoring programs that cost a ton of money, like Scenarist, will let you set it wherever you want I think, but they will also let you do so in less than optimal places. PgcEdit and ImgBurn restrict you to sane choice.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I did find it, but it didn't initially seem like what I was after.
    Quote Quote