VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using VirtualDub and wondering is it possible to split AVI to x parts in one operation.
    Anyone know how to do it?

I have a movie where watermark (logo) appear only in some periods of movie.
    So using DeLogo filter, I don't want do re-encode the whole movie.
    I want to split AVI to parts and append DeLogo filter only to these parts with watermark.
    Then I will join the movie.

So, how to define in VirtualDub custom splitting points allowing you to split AVI to desired number of parts?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't know about the splitting idea you have....but this cool option is also available in VDub:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MWoVY9mYbk
    Quote Quote  
  3. hech54, yes but please notice that every subtitle line has a diffrent lenght on a screen.
    I don't want to apply to DeLogo filter the longest possible matching clearing frame - as it lose quailty too much.
    I want to append custom DeLogo clearing frames to every subtitle (to cover ONLY subtitle areas, not more!), no matter it will take A LOT of time. For me the final effect matters only.
    Does anyone have a suggestion how to do it in a batch?
    Last edited by ralf07; 5th Apr 2012 at 17:00.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ralf07 View Post
    hech54, yes but please notice that every subtitle line has a diffrent lenght on a screen.
    I don't want to apply to DeLogo filter the biggest possible clearing frame - as it lose quailty too much.
    I want to append custom DeLogo clearing frames to every subtitle (to cover ONLY subtitle areas, not more!)
    So just add several iterations of the delogo filter, each applied to a different range if frames.

If you still want to split the AVI into multiple parts use the File -> Save Segmented File AVI option. But you don't have control over where the segments start and end, just file size or number of frames.
    Last edited by jagabo; 5th Apr 2012 at 17:16.
    Quote Quote