VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I've been able to get MaestroSBT to recognize my Korean subs. Woot! Unfortunately, when I render the sst file and accompanying BMPs, all the backgrounds are blue. I was a little confused at first, but went forward with muxman anyway.
    But when I reauthored the DVD and activated the new subs, I get a blue screen with white subs. The movie "pokes through" the subtitles, like they're transparent.
    The weird thing is that the original subtitles I added back in work fine, it's just the new ones that are messed up.

From what I can gather there is something wrong with the CLUT or something. Can anyone tell me what I should do to fix this?

Thanks!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
    -Willy Wonka-
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can fix it in DVDSubEdit after you've authored the DVD. Make the background transparent and the transparent main color opaque. If you're not adding the reauthored DVD back to the original using VobBlanker, you can also fix the colors.

You screwed it up in the first place, I would guess, by messing with things you didn't understand in MaestroSBT, or choosing a wrong setting somewhere. But that's how you learn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    It looks like you're using the very-latest version of MaestroSBT, which I have not tested yet
    (I keep using the 2.6.0.0 release).

Sadly the author of the software visits VideoHelp once in a blue moon.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I used the 2.6.0.0 release of MaestroSBT and things seem to be working better. After reauthoring I was able to change the colors and all is well.
    Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the tip about DVDSubEdit manono! You're right, I probably screwed something up somewhere. But with your help, as well as google, I was able to fix it. Thanks!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
    -Willy Wonka-
    Quote Quote