VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I notice that I promised to report back in 2015 my results of using the Verbatim DVD+RW that I started using back in 2012. I'm two years late but...

Glad to say that the 2012 Verbatim DVD+RWs are still in use and I've not had any of the issues that I had previously experienced (within 2-3 years) of the Maxell/TDK that I mentioned earlier. I have heard that current Verbatims (of all varieties) are not the same as they were a few years ago, but for the record, my DVD+RW are at 5 years and no problems at all.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a bit late to the "party" but I wanted to chime in with my support for Verbatim RW, either + or - . I have had to retire most of my discs after 2 years' service (not daily burning). They have always played beautifully on my OPPO 971 standalone dvd player. I have been seeing a lot of "freezing" parts of videos (multiple) on just-burned +RW Verbatims and the frozen parts are not on the original recordings. Even though I am in the Seattle area I have not seen any ReWriteable Verbs in local B&M stores. I took a gamble on a 15 disc spindle of Maxell +RW from Fred Meyer. They are made by Ridata (I can run DVD Identifier if you want the p/n). So far, I'm not super impressed with the Maxell/Ridata quality. Plenty of freezing on a 2 week old disc that has been re-written 3-4 times, at most.
    Quote Quote