Ok so i have a few questions that i hope someone can answer please...
1. For the hack that is available for this player, does it have to be the all4one remote or can we use a different remote?
2. If we can use a different remote, what other ones can be used?
3. Is that hack only for the DVD part or does it include the Blu-ray player in it?
4. If it is just the DVD player in it....then how do you get the blu-ray part region free?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
the hack is only for the dvd player part. don't think that the bluray player part can be made region free.
Can any universal remote be used to make the dvd part region free?
1) I don't think I've ever heard of it working with anything but an All4One remote.
2) I've NEVER heard of the hack working on ANY US//Canada sold Sony BluRay player.
3) Even if you buy the All4One remote, see #2.
If you want region free and live in the USA or Canada, do NOT buy Sony or Samsung.
Even if you can make the sony dvd region free i doubt it will play pal dvds.I think,therefore i am a hamster.
Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
Ok, so I just bought a couple of region B blu-rays for and discovered that they will not play on my BD player.....i'm looking for some solutions to this problem that are not going to cost me an arm and leg to get (like a region free BD player)....any solutions?
Does anyone know if you can mix and match region B blu0-ray players and TVs from other regions? Like UK and US?
and sorry for the thread problem.....
Solutions? No promises this will work, but it's as cheap as you can try to do it.
1) Rip with free DVDFab PassKey and pray that the current free version understands your BluRays.
2) Shrink if necessary with BDRebuilder or just burn the rip to a new BD disc.
3) Pray that there's nothing weird about the BD source (ie. PALish frame rates of 25 or 50 fps - not likely but it could happen) and your piece of #$%* Sony player plays the disc.
40 NEVER buy Sony (or Samsung) BD/DVD players again.
Last edited by jman98; 6th Feb 2012 at 12:30. Reason: fixed typo
Best solution is to make the video into mkv because the sony will play pal mkv thats burned on data or copied to usb,you can also mix ntsc mkv with pal.I think,therefore i am a hamster.