VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to use DVD+RWs in my Megastor 16XDVD9 with Imgburn. It doesn't seem to want to work. It wants to keep erasing and formatting the disk even though it's a brand-new disk.

Is the problem with Imgburn or with the Megastor?

Thanks,

Paul
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The ONLY RW discs worth buying are Verbatim. That's it. You're wasting your money on any other brand.

It is hard to say what the problem is. RW discs aren't always reliable. I've even seen a few Verbatim RW discs have problems from the very first use. In my opinion ImgBurn does not excel at erasing RW discs. Nero gets a lot of crap around here and deservedly so for the most part, but it is excellent at erasing RW discs. If I need an RW disc erased and I don't have 10-15 minutes to wait on ImgBurn to do it then I just use Nero.

Do note that RW discs are NOT ready to use right from the pack so if you just opened it and expected it to be ready you are mistaken. They MUST be erased and formatted prior to a first use. Your post is unclear and it could be that everything is normal and you are just wrong in thinking that your disc would be ready to use on a first attempt without being formatted.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks so much for your thoughts. You are right: Everything was fine, it just took an inordinate amount of time to erase and format. Once it had, everything was fine.

Paul
    Quote Quote