VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Folks. I hope this subforum is the right place to ask this question. I am trying to construct a website where I can publish all my videos. The requirements are as follows:
    1. At least in the beginning I wish to use a free hosting service. Later when the website is functioning properly I can upgrade to paid service and obtain my own domain name.
    2. I intend to use a website Content Management System especially oriented towards video storage, posting, playing etc. I For this purpose I envisage using an Open Software package like Joomla. Wordpress application is the second best candidate.
    3. I intend to use the hosting service also to store the video clips instead of using a service like Vimeo or Photobucket.
    4. Since I shoot and produce many hours of video of different formats the hosting service should be able to store and support most of the formats including flash.
    I am sure among the audience of this site there are many people experienced and active in this area. Advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Start with vimeo, or blip.tv . They are free, and offer decent bandwidth

There aren't any good [i]free[i] hosters with large bandwidth. Most free hosts do not allow video, or have very slow speeds (too slow for SD video even)

There are "upgraded" paid accounts for vimeo & blip that allow other functions, for example you can download original video from vimeo .

You can eventually graduate to a paid content deliver network (CDN) cloud hosting service like amazon cloudfront , rackspace, or gogrid
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the suggestions. Does anyone use webng? The site seems to have virus. Google issues a warning message when I try to access the site.
    Quote Quote