VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, Im back

Is there any program that can convert mkv to dvd and still get good quality and fast. I tried alot like convertxtodvd, dvdflick, avidemux, Still takes forever. I really need one.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You need a faster cpu or a media device that supports mkv directly.

Convertxtodvd is fast. How long does a ~2 hour video take to convert for you?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    You need a faster cpu or a media device that supports mkv directly.

Convertxtodvd is fast. How long does a ~2 hour video take to convert for you?
    It takes me 2 hours to convert. I don't want to wait that long. Any other solution?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Apart from getting a faster CPU/GPU unit?

No other suggestsions...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Datson View Post
    It takes me 2 hours to convert. I don't want to wait that long. Any other solution?
    Get a media player that can play MKV files.
    http://www.iboum.com/
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Would it be faster if I just use MKVExtractGUI to take out the video and audio in different files then transcode or encode them to vob?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Datson View Post
    Would it be faster if I just use MKVExtractGUI to take out the video and audio in different files then transcode or encode them to vob?
    No.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have 2 computers. 1 desktop other laptop. Desktop: eMachines, Intel Celeron, 3GB Ram, 500GB. Laptop: Dell Insipiron e1705, Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2250 @ 1.73 Ghz. Any Good?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Both Machines are slow when it comes to converting stuff .... (1-2 hours per 2 hour movie would be the normal speed)
    The Celeron might have problems playing anything more than 720P esp if it was encoded in h264 codec.
    The Core 2 Duo might have problems playing anything more than 1080P esp if it was encoded in h264 codec.
    Of course you might try it out yourself to see what works for you. I would recommend using the laptop because it has a faster CPU.
    A current intel machine Sandy bridge I-5 could prob do the same job in half to a third of the time.
    Quote Quote