VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to use fast-forward and slow-mo in my movie (all the time forward). I would like the footage to look as if I were using a scrub control to speed up and slow down as the footage plays, with smooth transitions between footage playback speeds, so no jerky changes etc. is this possible ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can do this in any decent video editor e.g. sony vegas, premiere pro , but it will be smoother if you use motion interpolation e.g. after effects or twixtor

You can do it for free with avisynth, but the control in ramping is more difficult to do (harder to get transition smoother to gradually ramp up or down in speed)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do you do it in Vegas ? I just downloaded the trial version....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Search youtube for "vegas velocity envelope tutorial" , there should be many video tutorials showing you step by step
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got it, thanks ! Bloody hell I've only been using this program for aeons already......
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Search youtube for "vegas velocity envelope tutorial" , there should be many video tutorials showing you step by step
    I have a video tute in the works on just that same issue, and I also cover how motion blur works hand in hand with velocity.

It should be ready by early 2013 at the latest So stay tuned.

P.S. That' "exit strategy", I'm-a gonna do that too from now on.
    Last edited by budwzr; 25th Jan 2012 at 19:51.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    In my Sony Vegas Studio you can hold down (if I remember right) the control button and then stretch out the clip or shorten it.
    Quote Quote