VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'll use "BadFrames" in this clip to fix the vertical shake that happens for a single frame here and there. This way I can select only the frames which need to be corrected. Now I face another problem...I can't seem to sync the audio to my video properly. If I get the first half of the video in sync then the second half is out of sync and visa versa Please help

Video:http://www.mediafire.com/?n8o7d1s60t37r61

Audio: http://www.mediafire.com/?z2qiaziohmxyb5v
    Last edited by Cherbette; 18th Jan 2012 at 10:20.
    Quote Quote  
  2. badframes won't change the framecount so sync will be unaffected

was it in sync to begin with ?

was there a delay value when you demuxed it ? if so, you need to use that value when remuxing
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's a lip synced performance...and the audio on the VHS tape is crap so I wanted to sync it with the CD audio....which is the WAV I provided.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I haven't looked at it yet, but syncing from different sources can be extremely difficult and time consuming. Sometimes , if the versions don't match exactly, it's even more difficult

Audio drift means you usually have to open it up in a NLE (with a timeline and audio waveforms visible) and manually sync up sections. It might take a few hours just to fix a one minute section. Sometimes it never syncs up properly
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm thinking the original audio in the VHS must have either been sped up slightly OR there is a 1 or 2 second edit at some point...
    Quote Quote  
  6. I've determined DelayAudio(-0.5) works to keep the beginning in sync and DelayAudio(-1.0) works to keep the end in sync. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the two? lol
    Quote Quote  
  7. This is roughly close, but you'll have to fiddle with the timestretch and delayaudio values to get it closer.

Also it looks like the last chorus , Cher doesn't do a good job of lip syncing (after about 2:18) - it will be almost imposible to fix with linear tools without a glitch - because you have to shrink just that section - it's hard to do with avisynth . If you have a NLE (eg. vegas) you can use something like a velocity curve

Or you can do a creative edit to the video, eg. insert some graphics, animation, that sort of thing over that last section

Code:
    vid=MPEG2Source("gypsies.d2v")
    aud=wavsource("gypsies.wav").timestretch(rate=100.2)
    audiodub(vid,aud)
    delayaudio(-0.58)
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 16th Jan 2012 at 12:58.
    Quote Quote  
  8. That is definitely much better...let me try and capture the VHS audio as it may serve as some sort of guide to perfect the ending. I don't think her lip syncing is off so much as the audio may actually be sped up toward the end or there may be a brief edit. Thank you for your assistance as always poisondeathray!!! And I've got MPEG Video Wizard 5.0 (I don't know if that will work with AVS files or not) but I have no idea how to achieve what you mentioned. Let me see what a search turns up...
    Last edited by Cherbette; 16th Jan 2012 at 14:00.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I managed to make an edit in the audio using Izotope RX and here's the resulting audio:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?494kwiw37aa72hh

Script:
    vid=AviSource("gypsies.avi").AssumeTFF.Trim(4284,8 959)
    aud=wavsource("gypsies2j.wav").timestretch(rate=10 0.2)
    audiodub(vid,aud)
    delayaudio(-0.58)
    #BadFrames(0, blend=true)
    ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec601",interlaced=true)

I think that is about as in-sync as I'm going to be able to get it but I'm open to suggestions I knew there was a brief edit there somewhere causing the last part of audio to be out of sync...

There's a few second right before I made the edit that are still out of sync...so perhaps the edit happens earlier on. Not sure
    Last edited by Cherbette; 16th Jan 2012 at 14:14.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I don't have "gypsies.avi" , so I cannot test the audio in that script

The other option is to fix the video, so it syncs to the audio . Usually this is what people do, or some combination, because even a small change in audio over short period of time is more easily discernable to average viewer/listener
    Quote Quote  
  11. "gypsies.avi" should be the same as "gypsies.d2v"...I just compressed it to post here for the sake of file size and already trimmed...so the "Trime" line can be "#".

The other option you mention is worth a shot. What function would I use to do such?
    Last edited by Cherbette; 16th Jan 2012 at 15:29.
    Quote Quote  
  12. It's harder to do in avisynth, because you need curves and non linear functions

But in NLE's , AE, those sorts of programs, you just draw a curve where you want it to speed up or slow down in that section . If you don't do it with a gradual curve (either ramping audio or video), there will be noticable glitch where you did the ramp - because the speed changes too suddenly
    Quote Quote  
  13. I have premiere pro cs3 but I can't get it to open AVS for me
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    I have premiere pro cs3 but I can't get it to open AVS for me
    If you wanted to input avs directly you can use premiere avs import plugin

cs4 and below
    http://videoeditorskit.sourceforge.net/

cs5+
    http://pwolfamv.com/programs/csavs64/

Or you can load the video in directly (save out wav from the script using soundout() or vdub)
    Quote Quote  
  15. I don't know what that the ".exe" on this page http://sourceforge.net/projects/videoeditorskit/files/PremiereAVSPlugin/1.95/ did but now I'm unable to open AVS with VirtualDub or Premiere lol
    Quote Quote  
  16. Not sure, but that version is very stable. I think all it does is place a plugin in one of the adobe folders, plus add some registry changes so it can be installed/uninstalled

I used it for a few years back in CS4 , and I know quite a few people used successfully it in CS3 + CS4 for that time as well without any problems

Maybe try uninstalling / reinstalling ?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Uninstall and reinstalled PremiereAVSPlugin-v1.95.exe and still having an issue. Even uninstalled and reinstalled virtualdub and avisynth and did a registry clean with ccleaner...still no luck strange because avspmod still works. I don't understand...virtualdub opens for just a half of a second then crashes when I try to open avs with vdub. I'm wondering if it has something to do with huffyuv or this line from its website:

"For the technically minded: dependence on virtualdub is now gone and all resizing/conversions are done using Avisynth internals"
    Last edited by Cherbette; 16th Jan 2012 at 17:31.
    Quote Quote  
  18. TMPGenc will not open either. Something is terribly wrong I'm afraid Did a virus scan...no problem there
    Quote Quote  
  19. Sorry not sure what's going on. Sourceforge is a reliable source. Unless someone hacked them or something like that

I have that same version installed on one of my computers without issues, and I know a few other folks here and on Doom9 do as well

To my knowledge it shouldn't affect any other programs, except Adobe ones

Did you try leaving it uninstalled ? Do you have a restore point ?
    Quote Quote  
  20. It is currently left uninstalled.

Unfortunately I don't have a restore point on this bare-bones version of XP I'm using
    Quote Quote  
  21. There's also a chroma shift in my video (http://www.mediafire.com/?n8o7d1s60t37r61) (of which I'm using the uncompressed AVI and have just posted the MPG here for size's sake) which I've attempted to correct with ChromaShift(c=12, v=-8) which looks fairly accurate to me but I'm still learning and any feedback would be much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  22. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    Uninstall and reinstalled PremiereAVSPlugin-v1.95.exe and still having an issue. Even uninstalled and reinstalled virtualdub and avisynth and did a registry clean with ccleaner...still no luck strange because avspmod still works. I don't understand...virtualdub opens for just a half of a second then crashes when I try to open avs with vdub. I'm wondering if it has something to do with huffyuv or this line from its website:

"For the technically minded: dependence on virtualdub is now gone and all resizing/conversions are done using Avisynth internals"
    Best advice for ccleaner (and similar registry "cleaners"): NEVER use it! You might also check this:
    http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/troubleshooting/problems-after-you%27ve-run-ccleaner

TMPGenc can be uninstalled/reinstalled to restore its registry entries.
    If you uninstalled the Adobe plugin, the uninstaller would have changed your registry in several ways. I don't know why reinstalling avisynth, etc., shouldn't work. In fact I don't see how the plugin would affect those other apps, it's not known to do so AFAIK - unless its installer changed some file associations. I looked up the installer pages on the 'net, I don't see any instructions at all. All I found was this: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/videogetbmeth2.html
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 08:13.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I have removed everything from my Avisynth plugins folders except directshowsource.dll and I'm adding back in as need-be. Immediately Vdub stopped crashing as did TMPGenc. No idea what the issue was but it's seemingly "fixed"
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Good show.
    Quote Quote  
  25. What do you mean "good show"?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    What do you mean "good show"?
    Never heard that expression? Means good work, glad you got it going again.
    Quote Quote  
  27. oh lol...I guess I never have heard that expression. I thought perhaps you might have been referring to my clip
    Quote Quote