VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Am trying to burn-in the subtitles into a foreign film being converted from VOB to MP4 but the "VOB Subtitles" box is greyed-out.

Is there another way to get it to see them? Have tried with several different VOBs and it can't see them on any of them.

Also, is there a way to load them in from an srt file and have them burned-in?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Don't just open the vob, select the entire video_ts folder. http://homepage.mac.com/major4/videots_divx.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Baldrick for the speedy reply. I finally did get the interface to 'see' the imbedded VOB, but it makes me convert to AVI to do it. This is kinda disappointing. I would never normally convert to AVI because of its spotty compatibility and rather cpu-intensive playback. MP4 is really the only universal choice these days. Have decided to simply use Handbrake.

I really like FFMpegX's awesome speed, but it is just too arbitrary about what it will and won't do.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote