VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,

I'm using AVS video converter for all my conevrting. So far so good, but the only problems I'm having is with vc1.
    Whenever I convert it to avi (or anything else for that matter) it gives the video upside down, double and black and white with vertical stripes going through it.

What am I doing wrong here?

I've tried messing with the settings (lower res and stuff) but it's not working. I'm pretty new to AVS so maybe I'm missing something in the settings.

Any help would be appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try something else for just that video, like freemake video converter, format factory, xmedia recode for example. All free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You might also try handbrake but you have to find an old release PRIOR to version 0.9.4. Starting with 0.9.4 handbrake dropped AVI as an output choice.

VC-1 is problematic to encode to other formats and if you've got interlaced VC-1 it seems to be incredibly difficult to encode. You'll basically just have to try other programs until you find something that can handle it OK.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the replies guys.

So far I've tried xmedia recode, but it seemed to reduce the filesize a little too much despite requesting orginial resolutions in the settings (3gig file reduced to 500mb).
    Now I'm trying out freemake. So far it looks promising
    Quote Quote